Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

Purdue at Indiana Game Thread - 7:00pm ESPN2

Just now, coonhounds said:

I agree but i am concerned of a pattern of bad shooting. Archie also made rob Johnson a terrible shooter last season.

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

His teams are always terrible from the line too.  Shoot better than 61% from the stripe and we may have a W.

He's got to do something to fix that, even if it means getting someone on staff to help.

You can't shoot that poorly with that many turnovers and win.  Which is sad because the defense played hard.

2 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

I agree but i am concerned of a pattern of bad shooting. Archie also made rob Johnson a terrible shooter last season.

I’d love to read an explanation on how a coach makes a player a terrible shooter 

10 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I'm going to have nightmares of Morgan slipping on a slick spot and losing the ball, Cline hitting that 3 and Haarms getting that tip-in.

I'm sick right now. Just sick.

We score out of the time out we probably win. What a bummer.

So Rob was a good shooter, but Archie made him a bad shooter?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app
I felt he was. Archie said he struggled last year because he was working hard on defense. Imo a coach can effect all aspects of a team. I see alot on here disagree and that is ok.

1 minute ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

This team played so hard. The defense by Durham and Phinisee was amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Langford played well defensively too.  A few times he forced a tough shot because he kept his hands up and feet moving.

I am not trashing archie i just feel like you have to shoot better than 20 percent to win games. I dont care if you blame the kids or the coach. This season has been trying to say the least. Good night

11 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

Rojo shot 37.3% from 3 on 5.7 attempts per game last year compared to 37.0% on 5.6 attempts per game the year before that. 

Just now, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Rojo shot 37.3% from 3 on 5.7 attempts per game last year compared to 37.0% on 5.6 attempts per game the year before that. 

People love to make their own narratives. If we win by 1 tonight are people saying the same thing? It was essentially the exact same game

Just now, cchuntsman said:

If he was, you would’ve seen Haarms come out to screen for Carsen.   Then you’d have DeRon on Carsen.  That’s likely something Archie wanted to avoid happening.  

Even on offense he wasn’t in. He could have attacked Haarms with 4 fouls. DeRon easily could have gotten Haarms to bite