Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

Purdue at Indiana Game Thread - 7:00pm ESPN2

4 players had 3 turnovers a piece, and we only shot 61% from the line.  Great defense, but that was heartbreaking.

Far too often the offense seems to be dribble handoff and hope for the best.  Too little movement and too many times where the ball just dies.

Why does Smith play so much?

Guys just think how many balls rolled in and out tonight? How many close shots did Juwan, Justin, and Romeo miss tonight? Legit point blank misses. How many WIDE open 3 pointers did we miss? Archie can’t put the ball in the basket for these guys. We did everything else fine, besides some lazy passes which at this point, is on the players. They are who they are. 
I agree but i am concerned of a pattern of bad shooting. Archie also made rob Johnson a terrible shooter last season.

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

Guys just think how many balls rolled in and out tonight? How many close shots did Juwan, Justin, and Romeo miss tonight? Legit point blank misses. How many WIDE open 3 pointers did we miss? Archie can’t put the ball in the basket for these guys. We did everything else fine, besides some lazy passes which at this point, is on the players. They are who they are. 
Keep drinking itScreenshot_20190219-212719_Google.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G930V using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, VO5 said:

Fire Archie!! Jk, jk

Agree completely. Archie isn’t perfect, but if a game like this (with 100% more effort than Minny) doesn’t show you that the roster is made up of terrible shooters, I don’t know what will prove it to you. Anyone else noticed through the first 30 minutes of the game, we averaged 10 points in 10 minutes. Can’t even describe. For those of you bad at math, that’s 1 point per minute. Not a point per possession. One per minute. Let that sink in.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Just now, coonhounds said:

I agree but i am concerned of a pattern of bad shooting. Archie also made rob Johnson a terrible shooter last season.

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

I’m sorry but this isn’t possible. A coach doesn’t make anyone a bad shooter. If you’re a shooter, you’re a shooter. They put in countless hours in practice and on their own in cook hall. Archie isn’t doing anything to make them bad shooters. We just don’t have a single elite, or even good, shooter on our team

Morgan 3-14

Al, Rob and Green were a combined 4-21

Green with 7 shots, 1-7, in 19 minutes.  3 TO’s with 1 assist.

Smith 1-6 in 19 minutes with 3 TO’s and 0 assists (did have 6 boards).

Romeo 2-6 in 32 minutes.....6 shots.

8 guys played and only McBob took less shots than Romeo.

Nice effort but the offense is broke.

7 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Loved all that talk about trying new stuff. But it was just talk and yet another loss and another game where Green and Smith had as many or more shots than Romeo. 

It’s still the same players.  What did you expect?   Justin Smith got less minutes and the team played with heart/energy for 40 minutes.  That’s all I wanted to see.  Anything else requires a roster overhaul.