Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

Purdue at Indiana Game Thread - 7:00pm ESPN2

Purdue opened 4.5pt favorites and now sitting at 5.5. 

Archie said the squad had their two best practices of the season this week.   That’s generally coach speak for confidence. (Prior to MSU game, Izzo talked about how bad their practices had been)

Bitter sweet game for me here.  If we lose, that sucks.  If we win.... we’ll see INDIANA show up on Purdue’s resume as a bad loss.   Both situations kind of suck.   I honestly don’t care on the outcome of this game, I just want to see the team hustle and play hard again.   

Archie said the squad had their two best practices of the season this week.   That’s generally coach speak for confidence. (Prior to MSU game, Izzo talked about how bad their practices had been)

Bitter sweet game for me here.  If we lose, that sucks.  If we win.... we’ll see INDIANA show up on Purdue’s resume as a bad loss.   Both situations kind of suck.   I honestly don’t care on the outcome of this game, I just want to see the team hustle and play hard again.   

Errr, it’ll be a “quad 1” loss for pu.

I’m just hoping Smith doesn’t get mushroom stamped by Carsen Edwards and jogs back down the court like he’s on a stroll down 10th street.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

The only thing I can get excited for tonight is to see what massive changes Archie will make.  I mentioned that we needed them about a month ago and got  destroyed on this board.  I hope we all see the need now and can get behind it.

Also, my sister is a Purdoo grad, so we have a bet tonight.  Loser has to bong two O'Douls 

I think we'll win.  Coach will find a way to involve Romero more. Maybe he will figure out how to play Morgan and Davis together more effectively.  The defense will have to be a lot tougher, especially agains the three. And, hopefully, there won't be too many boneheaded shots taken. (e.g., Green, Phinisee, Durham, Anderson, Smith)

21 minutes ago, Josh said:

The only thing I can get excited for tonight is to see what massive changes Archie will make.  I mentioned that we needed them about a month ago and got  destroyed on this board.  I hope we all see the need now and can get behind it.

Also, my sister is a Purdoo grad, so we have a bet tonight.  Loser has to bong two O'Douls 

Dumb And Dumber Jim Carrey GIF - DumbAndDumber JimCarrey Lloyd GIFs

4 minutes ago, Honkyman said:

I think we'll win.  Coach will find a way to involve Romero more. Maybe he will figure out how to play Morgan and Davis together more effectively.  The defense will have to be a lot tougher, especially agains the three. And, hopefully, there won't be too many boneheaded shots taken. (e.g., Green, Phinisee, Durham, Anderson, Smith)

In reference to Morgan and Davis playing together, we need to do like Minnesota did to us and have them playing high/low.  It would open up shots on the outside for RP and AD. It would also allow for Romeo to roam the baseline and attack the basket, slash to the basket, and also could open up some outside shots for him through using screens and/or double screens between the guards.  If Morgan and Davis are not in the game together, then go with a 1-4 flex offense or a 4 out type of offense and let Romeo take his man to the hole.  Stop trying to run Romeo off the Pick and Role.  It does not work, especially if they are hedging us like we do to other teams.  I hate this, last year in the NBA playoffs when teams would start to double team Victor off the pick and roll, he couldn't do anything.  At that point you just have to let VO (or Romeo in IU's case) work one on one and stop the pick and roll to stop the double teams.  

Archie back tracked on the massive changes last night on radio imo. Said they are more mental changes and each player got to stand up and state their opinion on things. So if your thinking major player subs or offensive strategy u may be disappointed. However maybe his idea will work and iu will win.

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

Archie back tracked on the massive changes last night on radio imo. Said they are more mental changes and each player got to stand up and state their opinion on things. So if your thinking major player subs or offensive strategy u may be disappointed. However maybe his idea will work and iu will win.

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

I caught that part too.  Hopefully he was just being PC and not wanting to give out too much info regarding the lineup.  We'll see.

Methinks Archie needs to start choosing his wording more carefully.  I too heard what I felt was backtracking of his Minnesota post-game comments and too often he's hyped Moore, Anderson and Forrester prior to a game suggesting they'd see action only to see them get very few, if any, game minutes.  

24 minutes ago, Josh said:

Can I count on your help?  One is brutal, but this is double or nothing from earlier this year.  If you take one for me I'll give your posts a bunch of likes!

Nope. If y'all are chugging multiple O'Douls then I am not the 'team player' you are looking for.

However, if we don't show up tonight and the scoreboard goes to crap I will say a prayer for your soul, your taste buds, and your stomach.

As bad as IU looks and has been it still would be considered a bad loss for Purdue. If they lost it would be a Quad 2 loss

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app