Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Can a leader emerge for next year?

I have a theory. And it’s going to be considered crazy. And I’m also going to put some more research into it tomorrow night. 

BUT...one of the most team oriented guys I saw as I watched the Minnesota game was Devonte Green. When he came off the floor he made a point to dap up everyone on the bench (didn’t notice that with many others) and he consistently played hard, in my opinion. 

Now I know he gets a bad rep because he takes bad shots (he does) and has a selfish vibe to him (I’ll give you that too), but I don’t think he’s *nearly* the “ME” guy that he is sometimes made out to be. 

Don’t kill me until I get some more data tomorrow night, but I could see Devonte stepping up and being a leader next year. 

*ducks*

8 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

I have a theory. And it’s going to be considered crazy. And I’m also going to put some more research into it tomorrow night. 

BUT...one of the most team oriented guys I saw as I watched the Minnesota game was Devonte Green. When he came off the floor he made a point to dap up everyone on the bench (didn’t notice that with many others) and he consistently played hard, in my opinion. 

Now I know he gets a bad rep because he takes bad shots (he does) and has a selfish vibe to him (I’ll give you that too), but I don’t think he’s *nearly* the “ME” guy that he is sometimes made out to be. 

Don’t kill me until I get some more data tomorrow night, but I could see Devonte stepping up and being a leader next year. 

*ducks*

My god that terrifies me

44 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

*ducks*

4 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

After listening to Race on Archie’s radio show I would say he would be a candidate. I

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

True. And he will essentially be a junior next year. Maybe he and Al can be a good upperclassmen example with Race being the vocal leader we need

15 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I know I’ve only seen him during Hoosier Hysteria, but Race Thompson plays angry.

He'll never be able to take 5 thugs at once but if he could get angry at some of his teammates for "going through the motions" that would help. 

1 hour ago, Hovadipo said:

*ducks*

I love it when someone is willing to go off script, back it up with observations, and then stand in and take the flack! Good on you my man.

22 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Miller said Race Thompson came to the staff and told them that he would do everything in his power to get ready once he was cleared. Miller said that Thompson really wanted to play and is committed to doing everything in his power to help this team win games. Miller said he is hopeful that Race will continue to see more of a role moving forward.

Race said this season has been a hard long road for him. He wanted to thank his coaches, teammates, and his family for helping him through it.

Race said he had a headache for a while. He said he couldn't go to class because of the symptoms and had to spend a lot of time in a dark room. He said it was very tough. He said it has been hard to get back in shape, but he's been grinding to get back into game shape, He said he's been doing extra running after practice, and anything that will get him back to where he needs to be

Race said stepping on the floor for Saturday's game brought a great deal of joy to him. He said he really missed being around the guys since he couldn't even attend practice for a while. He said he spent a lot of time standing up and cheering in front of the TV when IU was playing. He said he's just glad to be back and around his guys.
"I don't care about points, I don't care about rebounds, I'll put my body on the line for this team, I don't care. I'll do anything to help this team wins games”

Race said he was asked if he wanted to redshirt, but said he didn't want to do that. He said he wanted to help this team win because that's what he came to IU to do.

How accurate could this be?  We had countless experts many on this very board stating that the team was being overly cautious with him. 

Miller said Race Thompson came to the staff and told them that he would do everything in his power to get ready once he was cleared. Miller said that Thompson really wanted to play and is committed to doing everything in his power to help this team win games. Miller said he is hopeful that Race will continue to see more of a role moving forward.

Race said this season has been a hard long road for him. He wanted to thank his coaches, teammates, and his family for helping him through it.

Race said he had a headache for a while. He said he couldn't go to class because of the symptoms and had to spend a lot of time in a dark room. He said it was very tough. He said it has been hard to get back in shape, but he's been grinding to get back into game shape, He said he's been doing extra running after practice, and anything that will get him back to where he needs to be

Race said stepping on the floor for Saturday's game brought a great deal of joy to him. He said he really missed being around the guys since he couldn't even attend practice for a while. He said he spent a lot of time standing up and cheering in front of the TV when IU was playing. He said he's just glad to be back and around his guys.
"I don't care about points, I don't care about rebounds, I'll put my body on the line for this team, I don't care. I'll do anything to help this team wins games”

Race said he was asked if he wanted to redshirt, but said he didn't want to do that. He said he wanted to help this team win because that's what he came to IU to do.

Sounds a lot like Race could be a great leader for years to come. Absolutely love his attitude. I think De’Ron could be a decent senior leader as well assuming he has a productive season next year. There have been times where he showed a lot of emotion and wants to win.

I also think Rob and Al will be good leaders as they both will have a lot of experience next year and will be frustrated after the way this season has gone. The duo will also be heavily relied upon as the likely starting guards which should increase their motivation.

TJD seems like he wants nothing more than IU to win as well so I think he’ll bring a very pleasant attitude to the team as a freshman. I hope Jake Forrester takes a grinder approach to the offseason and improved immensely while leading by example.

I don’t completely disagree with Hova as Devonte seems to be energized on the court especially after a big three or a defensive stop. I could also see some of his shots like the stepback one he hit early against Minny or some of the ones against MSU as looks he takes to provide IU with an energy boost and get them back on track. I greatly Anticipate and am excited for Hova’s “data” too.