Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Old Friend

What does an Archie Miller Indiana player look like?

I think it it was too early to know what type of player he likes. With Creat folks from Marquette came and told us about his love for wings and even over recruiting. With Sampson we got some warnings about his players but it was more along the lines of off court behavior.

With Archie, unless you watched multiple teams of his at Dayton then we are all just guessing.

All he has told us he plans to recruit the state pretty hard but that does not indicate what type of player.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I think it it was too early to know what type of player he likes. With Creat folks from Marquette came and told us about his love for wings and even over recruiting. With Sampson we got some warnings about his players but it was more along the lines of off court behavior.

With Archie, unless you watched multiple teams of his at Dayton then we are all just guessing.

All he has told us he plans to recruit the state pretty hard but that does not indicate what type of player.

I watched a lot of his Dayton teams. Short answer for this would be defensive first players unless they have a special skill like shooting. 2 way players. A traditional pass first point guard, interchangeable players that can shoot 2-4, and a traditional low post player at the 5.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

32 minutes ago, Class of said:
Question to USPS -  Your thoughts on Armaan Franklin and how he fits what you believe Archie wants a player to look like?

Very much so. He is a 2 way player with good size and he is willing to work to get better. Shooting the 3 was a weakness and still maybe one but he has improved on that in his senior year. Very solid  in a lot of areas

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

13 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

I would say for his first recruiting cycle it’s a little early to tell what kind of player looks like this early in the process. For me the player he has recruited so far is someone who he feels can compete in the B1G. He has good company in the other coaches that wanted the player he got in his first cycle. If someone doesn’t trust Archie in the type of player he is bringing in hopefully they trust the other coaches that offered these kids scholarships. Rob had offers from Purdue,Ohio st and Virginia. Jerome had offers from Michigan, Ohio st, Purdue

Anderson had offers from Michigan and Purdue

Most those coaches recruit kids like this and ease them in to a role. Beilein saw something in Anderson but I would almost bet a lot of money he would of gotten less playing time then he got at IU this year. Beilein wanted Anderson for his size and ability to shoot the 3 but not for year 1. I think Archie sacrificed some of his culture this year on what made him successful at Dayton. I personally think it was a learning curve for him at the high major level and I believe he will correct it moving forward. For me and I believe you would agree Henry fits what I think Archie would want a player to look like. I wanted Henry to be a Hoosier from watching him throughout his high school. I wished it would of worked out

I read your post 3 times and this stuck out as I thought about it.   I'm not sure I think what made him successful at Dayton and in the Atlantic 10 can also be successful in the Big Ten; and I say that because of the quality of coaches, quality of defenders, number of shooters, number of athletes, size, depth, etc.   

He did seem to want many similar players there.  Long and athletic.   They were also relatively experienced in his best seasons, which is a reason to give him some time.   I don't see a pattern yet....but the point of him locking down Indiana, while I certainly agree with the right players for HIM; may not absolutely fit what he wants to do, which makes doing that counter productive.   While I've been vocal about recruiting the immediate area; I don't know if that "smart, fundamental player who's tough and will compete" fits what Archie wants.....maybe.  It sure fits Painter.

Yeah...I love Henry.  (and he is absolutely that tough, smart,fundamental player)  Did in high school.  The kids just the correct play every damned time.  Someone coached him very well.

I remember the 2 guard one of his last years at Dayton that played with Scoochie Smith (great name, great game)...I think his name was Kyle Davis?

6’0” bulldog from Chicago. Tough as nails, got a ton of steals, etc. Kind of reminds me of Durham, but meaner. That’s who I think of when I think of an Archie guy, but (as some have said in here) I’m not sure if a team of Kyle Davis’s do well at this level. (Style-wise, obviously not a team of 6’0 2 guards) I’m not sure if he’s still trying to find his recruiting identity, or if it’s taking some time to mold the team to his vision, or what. It’s quite the hodge podge at the moment.