Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

LIHoosier

IU at Minnesota 2/16/19 2pm ESPN2

This may be the first time in 35 years of IU basketball that I can honestly say I dont like a single player on the team. If the whole roster transferred I wouldnt care.

Wow that’s a little strong but I get your pain. If you want to throw all the players out you might as well get rid of the coach too.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Free Jake!!

25 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

This may be the first time in 35 years of IU basketball that I can honestly say I dont like a single player on the team. If the whole roster transferred I wouldnt care.

Apathy has sunk its roots in deep with me. I wouldn’t shed a tear if the university folded the basketball program for the rest of my days. It’s been nothing but pure embarrassment and disappointment my entire time as a fan. Indiana Basketball is a corpse. At this point I’m convinced that there are folks purposely making decisions to keep us from being elite again. Oh well. The NBA is incredibly entertaining now and baseball season is underway. 

38 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

I’m beyond disappointed this year but do like Al, think Rob is very promising,  also like Morgan (being a vocal leader is just not his personality, he would be a fantastic third best player on a very good team) and admire how De’Ron has had to fight through injuries. The amount of work and frustration to come back has to have been a lot for Davis to endure. There are others I like and some I don’t but have no need to name them.

2 hours ago, Dhop said:

He never misses in practice.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

After tonight, in Big Ten games Fitzner is 3-24 from the three. I actually feel bad for him. This has to be embarrassing and frustrating.  

PS. I might feel bad for him but do not want him shooting anymore threes the rest of this year :) 

16 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

After tonight, in Big Ten games Fitzner is 3-24 from the three. I actually feel bad for him. This has to be embarrassing and frustrating.  

PS. I might feel bad for him but do not want him shooting anymore threes the rest of this year :) 

He has had good looks and was recruited to contribute shooting. Now the coaches don’t shoot the shots, but they chose to put him on scholarship. Fitner’s year would be in the top 5 reasons we suck to include injuries, suspensions, heart, hustle and last but not least coaching.

Its should honestly be embarrassing for the staff who thought he was big ten material.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Bailey7878 said:

Its should honestly be embarrassing for the staff who thought he was big ten material.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Going forward we should be hesitant, to say the least, to add a 6’10” player, in a mid-major conference lacking talented big men, that averaged 5 points a game as a junior. 

5 hours ago, cappymo14 said:

More than a few things wrong with this picture.
IMG_0490.jpg

Thank you.

I have previously posted that I did not think Archie had an offense but it turns out we run an inverted pack- line offense with a triple teamed point guard underneath and four perimeter players.  

So many things jump out but a couple of my favorites include:

*literally none of the five defenders are worried about any IU threat outside of the lane. FOUR of the defenders are closing in on Al without any fear of being torched from the perimeter.

*probably not fair to make this statement based on a snapshot but 3/4 of our perimeter players are on the balls of their feet with bent knees and look ready to take some sort of action. The 4th (0) looks like he is standing on the sideline watching other players practice.

Thank you.

I have previously posted that I did not think Archie had an offense but it turns out we run an inverted pack- line offense with a triple teamed point guard underneath and four perimeter players.  

So many things jump out but a couple of my favorites include:

*literally none of the five defenders are worried about any IU threat outside of the lane. FOUR of the defenders are closing in on Al without any fear of being torched from the perimeter.

*probably not fair to make this statement based on a snapshot but 3/4 of our perimeter players are on the balls of their feet with bent knees and look ready to take some sort of action. The 4th (0) looks like he is standing on the sideline watching other players practice.

The snapshot is actually late. Had I taken it a second earlier, not only would 3 of the 4 be standing flat footed, but the three players at the key would have been standing maybe 15” apart.

15 hours ago, cappymo14 said:

More than a few things wrong with this picture.
IMG_0490.jpg

Maybe the official in the bottom right corner (barely visible) passed a fluffer and nobody wanted to be near him? I'm guessing that's why nobody is on the that side of the floor. 

https://thegruelingtruth.net/podcast/indiana-basketball-weekly-recapiu-minnesota-post-game-show-w-steve-risley-and-collin-hartman/

Also posted in the Archie/Random thread. An hour long, but I had enough time for the first 30 minutes. Good insight from Hartman. Some will like it. Others won't.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

14 minutes ago, HinnyHoosier said:

https://thegruelingtruth.net/podcast/indiana-basketball-weekly-recapiu-minnesota-post-game-show-w-steve-risley-and-collin-hartman/

Also posted in the Archie/Random thread. An hour long, but I had enough time for the first 30 minutes. Good insight from Hartman. Some will like it. Others won't.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Can you give us a bit of a summation? 

Can you give us a bit of a summation? 

Recruiting players that value the ball, knockdown free throws, hit open threes, make their teammates better. They’re not ranked high because they do the little things not the sexy things that get you ranked high. You need the Swaningans, Edwards, Haas type players but need the Ryan Clines, Dakota Mathias, Grady Eiforts that make the team better. They have good attitudes and play hard. It’s tough for young guys only to play a few minutes but they have good attitudes.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app