Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

LIHoosier

IU at Minnesota 2/16/19 2pm ESPN2

FYI, We’d have a better record if they were in Bloomington.

Based on how he and a team made up entirely of his own players, with multiple pros, crashed and burned straight to a first round NIT loss his exiting trend doesn't exactly guarantee that.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Based on how he and a team made up entirely of his own players, with multiple pros, crashed and burned straight to a first round NIT loss his exiting trend doesn't exactly guarantee that.

At least they made the NIT

Sent from my SM-G930V using BtownBanners mobile app

5 minutes ago, HinnyHoosier said:

OK, you win. It’s amazing how we have overachieved this year and I don’t see how any coach could have done better. 

OK, you win. It’s amazing how we have overachieved this year and I don’t see how any coach could have done better. 

That's just a fantastically strong reply.

I can understand you're upset as anyone else. But being over-emotional and irrational won't make it better.

1 minute ago, HinnyHoosier said:

That's just a fantastically strong reply.

I can understand you're upset as anyone else. But being over-emotional and irrational won't make it better.

Relax...Just joking.

No, I don’t really think the Three Stooges would be better coaches (at least I’m pretty sure that is the case).

I can see 'changes' to make a point about effort or possibly to get guys experience for the future. But from what we have already seen, we are not going to win games with what we have on the bench. I'll continue to support our guys but, for me, the plug has been pulled on this season. Honestly, I can't see more than one or two more wins the rest of the way.

1 hour ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

I hope one half was one who is tired of this sh!%!!! I hope Rob, Al, Justin, De'Ron, Jerome, Damezi, and Jake are fed up. They are coming back next year. 

I'm actually hearing that you can scratch Jake's name off that list of players coming back next year.

The following are post-game quotes from Archie.  Sounds great but we haven't seen anything to suggest he'll really follow through and back up his statements with actions.  I'm not ready to throw him to the wolves but damn, this hrsht basketball has got to stop.  We go to great lengths to mock PUke but when they yell "IU Sucks" - they know what they're talking about and they ain't lyin'.

From TheDailyHoosier.com

It appears to have come to a head in Minneapolis on Saturday.  In his post game interview after a 84-63 loss to Minnesota, Miller didn’t hold back on his frustration with this Hoosier team.

“For us, we didn’t play with the urgency, toughness, and fight that we need on the road this time of year,” Miller said.

While Miller has undoubtedly been trying to find the right ways to get through to his team, a new realization appears to have set in for the second year Indiana coach.

“At the end of the day you can try to push as many buttons as you want to push.  For us, this one, this is sort of a deal breaker,” Miller said.

While he didn’t elaborate on the specifics, it sounds like a major overhaul in the rotation and playing time is forthcoming.

“We have to make some real drastic changes to the way we are doing things right now.  We gotta get some guys attention, and we’ve got to get guys to play better,” Miller said.

Throughout this 11 game stretch, Indiana has repeatedly given up big runs in games.  More than anything, it appears that Miller will be looking for players that demonstrate a willingness to give maximum effort wire-to-wire during games.

“For us right now we aren’t playing at an urgent enough pace on either end.  Just coming out here, the way this game felt, the amount of loose balls, rebounds, and-one baskets that come off broken plays, there is just not enough scrap and fight right now to be able to dig in,” Miller said.

When pressed on what the changes might be, Miller wasn’t ready to offer specifics.  Indiana has just two days off before they return to action on Tuesday night against of all teams, Purdue.  It isn’t clear what can be accomplished in such a short amount of time, but Miller seems intent on a major overhaul.

“We have to recreate ourselves.  Your living and dying with the same mistakes.  Eventually you have to stop living with those same mistakes and find out if somebody else can help you at times.  We’re searching, and the next two days will be really big as we prepare for Tuesday.”

It won’t be too big of a mystery which players have drawn Miller’s ire, as it sounds like the bench is likely to be used as a motivational tool.  The story on Tuesday night might just be as much about who isn’t in the game as who is.

There will be plenty to figure out between now and Tuesday night against the Boilermakers at Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall.  Indiana’s performance against Minnesota may have been its worst effort of the season.

When asked how he would grade IU’s play, Miller said very little, and everything that needed to be said.

“Not very good.  Not very good.”

No it wasn’t.  The deal has been broken.

6 minutes ago, Josh said:

I'm actually hearing that you can scratch Jake's name off that list of players coming back next year.

Where is this coming from? I think he’ll be back. I expect Moore to be the big that transfers 

Those are good quotes from Archie but for a month he has been saying he would get Moore and Jake in earlier (which would imply others  would lose playing time) but it has not happened.  Will be interesting to see what, if anything, is different next game.

PS. Nice to see Davis start today.

Many of you don't care for Jay Graves, but he makes some pretty good points in his latest on Romeo and IU.

http://www.thejaygravesreport.com/romeo-langford-takes-only-7-shots-in-a-21-point-loss-at-minnesota-you-do-the-math/