Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

LIHoosier

IU at Minnesota 2/16/19 2pm ESPN2

1 minute ago, iuecon99 said:

The Crean contract was brutal and really set this program back.  I admit I thought Miller was going to work out as a hire.  Maybe he still will- but the lack of effort is really disturbing- Miller's Dayton teams always busted it all season.  Not sure what's happening here.  I wonder if it is the Langford thing- maybe having one guy who is a one and done doesn't work?  UK and Duke seem to always have multiple ones now.  or maybe Miller isn't used to it.  In any case this team probably won't even make the NIT and next year is going to be worse- not sure when it turns around.

I think this team will have a losing record. I agree that it is disturbing they took a step back and aren't playing hard. However, I have hope for next year. I think there will be more new additions to the team. He has to go after grad transfers. I think it is more of a culture issue. I don't want to throw names out there but it's clear at least half the team does not give a sh!% about IU basketball, the fans that support them, or the university. 

9 minutes ago, HinnyHoosier said:

They were comments in passing on the post game live feed from Assembly Call. Someone mentioned it was basically one half the team vs the other. Idk if I believe it because I feel like that would've picked up steam as a story by now. I want to believe it. My only hope is that this team truly is so dysfunctional behind the scenes that it's sucked away any ability to play high level basketball.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I hope one half was one who is tired of this sh!%!!! I hope Rob, Al, Justin, De'Ron, Jerome, Damezi, and Jake are fed up. They are coming back next year. 

10 minutes ago, Bailey7878 said:

That it takes time and he does not have his recruits yet. I said id stay positive so I will go with that.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I disagree. It doesn't take a lot to at least play with heart and effort, whether its all of the guys you recruited or not. Even some of his own recruits like Romeo look completely defeated. Thats on the coach. 

3 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Pardon my ignorance, but who is Shoulders? 

Vice chair of the board of trustess, Patrick Shoulders. Been on the board since 2002. Before that was president of the Alumni Association.

Been around long enough to have his paw prints all over this mess. His BS to Glass about patience running low is as big a CYA comment that their is.

I'm still sticking by Archie. He didn't forget how to coach overnight. There seems to be something rotten going on down there that has doomed the team. I wouldn't be surprised if eventually word got out about locker room issues. I'd like Archie to clean house to get rid of whoever the problem is. 

I'm still sticking by Archie. He didn't forget how to coach overnight. There seems to be something rotten going on down there that has doomed the team. I wouldn't be surprised if eventually word got out about locker room issues. I'd like Archie to clean house to get rid of whoever the problem is. 

The post-mortem report on this team after season's end should be interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

19 minutes ago, johnsoniu said:

Vice chair of the board of trustess, Patrick Shoulders. Been on the board since 2002. Before that was president of the Alumni Association.

Been around long enough to have his paw prints all over this mess. His BS to Glass about patience running low is as big a CYA comment that their is.

Gotcha. ...  I'm not real familiar with who's on the BOT (except Buckner), so I thought Shoulders was a nickname for someone! ... LOL! 

I disagree. It doesn't take a lot to at least play with heart and effort, whether its all of the guys you recruited or not. Even some of his own recruits like Romeo look completely defeated. Thats on the coach. 
What else do you say? My dad the ultimate homer just said I think they hired the wrong guy. I said he is here for two more years so what can you do

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Listened to the post game comments by CAM. He spoke about “drastic changes”. I hope that really happens because this team looks so lost right now.

Can you elaborate? What was the context?

18 minutes ago, Whoozhers said:

"We have to make some real drastic changes to the way we're doing things right now."
Can ANYBODY guess who made this genius quote?
Anybody??

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

I’m guessing either Curly, Moe or Larry.

1 hour ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Can you elaborate? What was the context?

Regarding this game and what will happen before Tuesday when we play next. One of the reporters asked CAM and he said that it was their ( meaning the coaching staff and team) responsibility to make those changes. I guess we will find out on Tuesday.

Edited by hoosierfan6157
To clarify