Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

LIHoosier

IU at Minnesota 2/16/19 2pm ESPN2

2 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

Jerome Hunter and Race Thompson have been gone the entire year. This team started 12-2 without those two players. Hunter would’ve been huge for this team. That can’t be denied. This team started 12-2 though. They’re now 13-12. That’s not a talent issue. That’s a coaching issue

I don’t know what to make of our 12-2 start. We reeled in a few quality wins, probably should’ve beat Arkansas as well. The Marquette game was a complete @$$ kicking where everything clicked for us, but outside of that we pulled out some games that could’ve gone either way. We started December by winning four games by a combined 8 points. One or two of those go the other way and we probably have a much more realistic look at what this team was all along. 

Rob’s concussion and the Maryland collapse broke whatever cohesion this team had. 

I honestly dont know what the folks who have come to Archie's rescue the last few weeks can say after this. Zero heart, zero caring, minimal effort. It's indefensible at this point and it's very worrisome when it comes to the future of IU bball.

If you aren't worried, you must be drinking champagne with Fred Glass and must have convinced yourself this is a total "rebuild". 

28 minutes ago, Hoosierbug1!! said:

Let’s start a new thread “Who will be the next Athletic Director at Indiana”?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Chris Reynolds? Former Hoosier in the 90s. I know he is at Bradley but still. Anyone but glASS. 

I honestly dont know what the folks who have come to Archie's rescue the last few weeks can say after this. Zero heart, zero caring, minimal effort. It's indefensible at this point and it's very worrisome when it comes to the future of IU bball.
If you aren't worried, you must be drinking champagne with Fred Glass and must have convinced yourself this is a total "rebuild". 

Agree. The losses would be easier to handle if you saw a silver lining of a bright future. I’m not seeing it...

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Just now, LamarCheeks said:

I was fully in Archie's corner, but am starting to have second thoughts ... 

This team does have talent. We didn't beat the crap out of Marquette and beat Louisville and Michigan State by mistake. But there clearly is something wrong (the understatement of the season). Whether the players hate Archie or hate each other or whatever -- somewhere along the way, this train went off the rails, big-time. 

And it's incumbent upon Archie to fix it -- and he hasn't done that. I never thought we were a Final Four team, but we sure as hell aren't a 13-12 team. Early in the season, I honestly thought we were an NCAA team that could possible play past the first weekend. 

Is it that Romeo is being coddled? Or maybe the perception among teammates that he's being coddled? Is it perhaps that Justin Smith is lazy and has an attitude problem? Is Devonte the problem? Is there an assistant that the players can't stand -- and vice versa? Was Fitzner a bad addition (in relation to chemistry)? 

From 12-2 to 13-12 -- so many freakin' questions. So few answers. 

Your last paragraph sounds like a voice over previewing the next episode of a reality show! haha

11 minutes ago, Magnanimous said:

I don’t know what to make of our 12-2 start. We reeled in a few quality wins, probably should’ve beat Arkansas as well. The Marquette game was a complete @$$ kicking where everything clicked for us, but outside of that we pulled out some games that could’ve gone either way. We started December by winning four games by a combined 8 points. One or two of those go the other way and we probably have a much more realistic look at what this team was all along. 

Rob’s concussion and the Maryland collapse broke whatever cohesion this team had. 

Maryland and Nebraska. Those two games broke this team

Just now, iuecon99 said:

I would love to see Chris Reynolds as the AD.  But do we have any indication that Glass' job is in jeopardy?  I haven't seen it.

A few members of the board seemed pretty pissed at Glass. Buckner questioned his hire of Tom Allen and Shoulders told him that patience is running out. 

2 minutes ago, iuecon99 said:

I would love to see Chris Reynolds as the AD.  But do we have any indication that Glass' job is in jeopardy?  I haven't seen it.

1 minute ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

A few members of the board seemed pretty pissed at Glass. Buckner questioned his hire of Tom Allen and Shoulders told him that patience is running out. 

After this...I think that Freddy’s seat just got real real warm!

1 minute ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Well I guess that's a little encouraging then.  I would love to see somebody who clearly has basketball as a priority.  Glass doesn't seem to think there is a problem with the program?!  This is embarrassing.  Minnesota is a pretty solid team but this team didn't even compete today.

Just now, iuecon99 said:

Well I guess that's a little encouraging then.  I would love to see somebody who clearly has basketball as a priority.  Glass doesn't seem to think there is a problem with the program?!  This is embarrassing.  Minnesota is a pretty solid team but this team didn't even compete today.

Yeah Glass said they are in a "major rebuild" at the meeting. He doesn't have a clue. I think the first mistake he made was extending Crean after one good year. If our APR score is that bad then why didn't he ever step in?? The Tom Allen hire was terrible. 

Please share the tweets if you have them. 

They were comments in passing on the post game live feed from Assembly Call. Someone mentioned it was basically one half the team vs the other. Idk if I believe it because I feel like that would've picked up steam as a story by now. I want to believe it. My only hope is that this team truly is so dysfunctional behind the scenes that it's sucked away any ability to play high level basketball.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

That it takes time and he does not have his recruits yet. I said id stay positive so I will go with that.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Yeah Glass said they are in a "major rebuild" at the meeting. He doesn't have a clue. I think the first mistake he made was extending Crean after one good year. If our APR score is that bad then why didn't he ever step in?? The Tom Allen hire was terrible. 

The Crean contract was brutal and really set this program back.  I admit I thought Miller was going to work out as a hire.  Maybe he still will- but the lack of effort is really disturbing- Miller's Dayton teams always busted it all season.  Not sure what's happening here.  I wonder if it is the Langford thing- maybe having one guy who is a one and done doesn't work?  UK and Duke seem to always have multiple ones now.  or maybe Miller isn't used to it.  In any case this team probably won't even make the NIT and next year is going to be worse- not sure when it turns around.