Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Walking Boot of Doom

Random Archie/Basketball Talk

I typically don’t like to bring up Bob Knight references when discussing current coaches. I have to believe that RMK would have been playing the walk-on’s about halfway through the 2nd half yesterday. And I’m guessing a few players would have been removed by now. I know different times, but for the sake of the future, Coach Miller needs to light these guys up and see who he has left.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

If I'm Archie there are a few players that I'm sitting down with at the end of the season and telling "It would be in your best interest to transfer elsewhere. You will not see the floor next year because I don't trust your work ethic." 

________

That won't work.  Coach won't have five players left to put on the floor.

•  

1 hour ago, Ranger78 said:

I typically don’t like to bring up Bob Knight references when discussing current coaches. I have to believe that RMK would have been playing the walk-on’s about halfway through the 2nd half yesterday. And I’m guessing a few players would have been removed by now. I know different times, but for the sake of the future, Coach Miller needs to light these guys up and see who he has left.

Sent from my iPhone using 

About 8-9 games ago actually. 

https://thegruelingtruth.net/podcast/indiana-basketball-weekly-recapiu-minnesota-post-game-show-w-steve-risley-and-collin-hartman/

Good listen with former players from the current and glory eras. It's a full hour, and I could only get through the first 30 so far. Covers lots of ground.

Some of you will like it. Others won't. Pay attention to Collin Hartman's insight.

Yes, I agree it’s long overdue. I’m guessing it should have taken place after the Nebraska home loss. In all fairness, hard to say what’s been going on at practice. We can only judge by the product on the floor during games.

If Archie only has 4 players left that buy in, I would play with 4.

Of course, easy for me to say on a IUB forum.

4 hours ago, Honkyman said:

If I'm Archie there are a few players that I'm sitting down with at the end of the season and telling "It would be in your best interest to transfer elsewhere. You will not see the floor next year because I don't trust your work ethic." 

________

That won't work.  Coach won't have five players left to put on the floor.

•  

My team's on the floor.

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

I am concerned that he will never play competitively again.

No certainty, but one of the real possibilities.

Maybe I'm late to the party..  He was practicing to some degree two weeks ago.  Enough to the point where both Don Fischer and Dakich said they were really encouraged about Hunter's future.  Has something happened since?

4 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

Maybe I'm late to the party..  He was practicing to some degree two weeks ago.  Enough to the point where both Don Fischer and Dakich said they were really encouraged about Hunter's future.  Has something happened since?

Ive heard setbacks.

And when it’s a “medical condition” and not a physical injury, that’s worrisome 

Nothing changed he hasn’t been cleared for full contact. All he can do is put up shots. Dakich just watched him do light shooting drills. He is a very long way from getting cleared or being in a position to play at the D-1 level. Full recovery expected but at this point no answers on when he will get cleared

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Just now, Uspshoosier said:

Nothing changed he hasn’t been cleared for full contact. All he can do is put up shots. Dakich just watched him do light shooting drills. He is a very long way from getting cleared or being in a position to play at the D-1 level. Full recovery expected but at this point no answers on when he will get cleared

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Dakich and Fischer both said pretty glorifying things about what he was doing in practice to have it be nothing more than light shooting drills.  Interesting.