Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mark1981

(2019) SG Romeo Langford (2.0)

Just now, colonel06 said:

Dakich is really rippin Shoe Guy now!!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

For some reason, I actually was somewhat interested to hear what he had to say today. I went online and tuned in for about 10 minutes. After that, I had a massive headache. 

I don't think it matters if Romeo doesn't score a point the rest of the season -- or if he's projected as a lottery pick or the 28th pick or 48th pick. After a somewhat promising season has turned into a complete sh-t show -- especially if the stories about the locker room fracas are true -- he will want to get the hell outta dodge. I'd say the chances of him being in an IU uniform next year are 0.0 percent. 
I would say less than 0.00.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Look the truth is the truth.  All the "projections" don't mean squat until draft time.  Romeo is a talented piece of clay.  He's 18 with "kid" muscles.  He needs a lot of molding and growing.  He's not ready for the NBA.  Sure there are NBA people who think they can get him ready -- but he is every bit of 1-2 years out.  Will someone take a chance -- probably.  And Romeo should go -- you can't give up that kind of money.  Regardless, it's on him to get better where ever he plays next season.   IU and the fans need to move on to the next recruits.  

2 hours ago, colonel06 said:

Sorry,Dakich name for Romeo.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I would love if someone had Dakich on their show and introduced him as "unemployed coach Dan Dakich". He's such an @$$ to everyone.

8 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

I don't think it matters if Romeo doesn't score a point the rest of the season -- or if he's projected as a lottery pick or the 28th pick or 48th pick. After a somewhat promising season has turned into a complete sh-t show -- especially if the stories about the locker room fracas are true -- he will want to get the hell outta dodge. I'd say the chances of him being in an IU uniform next year are 0.0 percent. 

Locker Room fracas? Haven't heard, please expand.

I don't think there is any chance Romeo is back next season.

And honestly I wish him well but unless a drastic change I don't know that I would want him back.

I am sure I will get slammed for saying that since he is Mr Basketball, Top mock draft lotto pick, etc... but I yell at him (on TV) the 2nd most of anybody on this team... He gets his points quietly and we would for sure be worse without him this year... but he is also very costly in my opinion... his turnovers are bad... very bad, his basketball IQ was once considered a strength but I don't see it being very good. He doesn't know where to go with the ball, he doesn't move without the ball, and he has hero mentality.

If we are down and making a comeback, we get it to down 3 I bet there is a 99% chance he is shooting a 3 the next time down the floor. Sometimes they fall but more often they don't and they end the momentum we had up to that point in the comeback. He fumbles easy passes, he doesn't make crisp passes and telegraphs where every pass is going before he passes it.... I think he is uber talented and will eventually be a great NBA player even, but he needs work.... and I would not blame him nor be upset if he gets that work while making millions.