Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

OliviaPope40

IU vs OSU 2/10/19

2 minutes ago, schoosier said:

So far Archie has proven he is not up to the task. Injuries aside, we should have 3 more conference wins and looking towards March madness. His inability to get Romeo better looks combined with a stagnant offense has me greatly concerned. 

It’s baffling, really. Apparently our best play for Romeo is setting a screen up top with Juwan, throwing it back to Juwan where he screens/hands it off to Romeo, and Romeo takes his man 1-on-1. That is not a play, it’s just pseudo ball movement with ISO from the top. Legit that is the only play we run for him. Where are some elevator screens? Why isn’t he cutting more through the middle? We are not using him to his strengths. We ran 1 lob for Romeo all season and it worked. Haven’t seen it since. Romeo is not a good enough ball handler to take his man all the time. We have nothing on Offense and it’s greatly concerning. 

11 minutes ago, TXHoosierDaddy said:

Did anyone else think Justin Smith looked like he couldn't have cared less today? I saw him a few times look like he was trying to give as little effort as possible. I'm sure there were a few more guys too. Very disturbing. 

He looks like that almost every game. Also, he is a horrible basketball player. He’s good at jumping high and occasionally playing defense. Outside of that he is just a warm body. Makes me sick to think we have to deal with 2 more years of him. Archie was dealt a rough hand in many ways but he’s crapping the bed. You can see it in his face that he knows he’s outclassed. This job is way too big for him. He and Coach Holtmann have both struggled in year 2 but it’s not even close who the better coach is. It’s Holtmann. Has Archie ever coached a great offense? Bc this is one of the worst brands I’ve ever watched as an IU fan. Crean’s offense was MUCH more exciting. I really feel sick for saying that.

Why do we start games featuring Smith while JMo and Romeo don’t get shots? I get that defenses are focusing on them but we throw a couple of passes, sometimes, then Smith gets it and tries to make something happen that’s not there. Smith isn’t a good basketball player but that’s on the coaches for not getting through to the team to not take terrible shots.

I’d love to see Davis start with Morgan at the 4. Let Smith watch the game for awhile then maybe bring him off the bench. If he plays like he doesn’t care sit him for the rest of the half and let Forrester, Moore, or Thompson play his minutes.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

21 hours ago, Free Jurkin! said:

This board is blinded by Green hate. He had the best +/- on the team. The reason he couldn't pass on the last possession is because Juwan and Langford ran right at him and brought their defenders with him to trap instead of spreading the floor. That was on them, not Green

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Green is just the scapegoat for posters who don’t have the balls to blame Morgan, Smith and Rob for having terrible games and Archie for not being able to coach this team out of a paper bag. Archie may build a winning team but his inability to adapt his system to the players he has and to the teams he faces is inexcusable. IU deserved a better hire but sadly it isn’t the draw it used to be and it probably never will be. 

Edited by KzooHoosier82

Honest question. Would you rather have this same team next year or take the APR punishment and try with new people that actually want to play/care?

Give me Durham, Phin, Davis, and the rest of the freshmen and start over. We have too many of the “well I guess I’ll give a little effort now” guys on this team. Archie is a competitor but it looks like his team is the opposite. We need more dawgs and less .... on this team.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Freaking gag me.

We are such a joke.  Fans don't care, players don't care, and coach doesn't know how the hell to fix this.

Indiana is such an also-ran in terms of sports.  Athletics don't mean anything to this administration, except for the fact it's run in the black and things are done "the right way".  Bonus points for promoting the whole "24 sports, 1 team" bullsh1t mantra.

2 minutes ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

it isn’t the draw it used to be and it probably never will be

$ and nattys make IU always appealing. Granted the last championship was over 30 years ago. Compared to the Red Sox, we still have much more pain in store.

1 minute ago, schoosier said:

$ and nattys make IU always appealing. Granted the last championship was over 30 years ago. Compared to the Red Sox, we still have much more pain in store.

Then why were we turned down three times on our way to hire Archie? Don’t bother saying Glass didn’t offer enough money...wasn’t the case. He had a blank check. 

1 minute ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

Then why were we turned down three times on our way to hire Archie? Don’t bother saying Glass didn’t offer enough money...wasn’t the case. He had a blank check. 

Glass also doesn't even know what a really good basketball coach even looks like. Chris Mack was right down the road at Xavier and look at what he is doing with Lville this year. 

I think people just blame Green regardless of how he plays because he's an easy target. He's the backup point guard. 10/3/2 and 40% from 3 is good production for a backup point guard, especially in a 55-52 game. For the talks about his turnovers it's important to remember that we had to burn our last timeout because Phinisee couldn't get the ball in bounds. Morgan had 3 points on 1-7 shooting. Durham had 2 points and only took 2 shots. How can you put the blame all on him when he was one of the few players who came to play. I can imagine the posts had Green had Phinisee's statline and forced us to burn our last timeout. 

Who turned us down?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app