Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

OliviaPope40

IU vs OSU 2/10/19

15 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

I would love to see Lewis and Cheaney with the program. I don’t see it ever happening but having Fife with the program would be great too.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Fife is one I thought about too.

I wanted Guyton when we were filling out the staff, he didn't have college coaching experience but was a 3x champ and 2x COY in PBL.  Now he has some college experience as well.

9 hours ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Come on. He’s been signing autographs since middle school or high school or something. Fans line up expecting it now. He gives a damn.

You’re painting a picture that just isn’t accurate.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Nobody said he shouldn't sign autographs.  Not the point.  At all.   Who cares what fans expect?  That's their problem.

4 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

The point isn't whether or not Romeo should have been out signing autographs it's that Dakich would have taken an opposite position solely to stir the waters.  He's nothing but a huckster for Dan Dakich.

I disagree.   Sure he should sign autographs.  They all should.  But not in uniform, laughing with family, 10 minutes after the 9th loss in 10 games and 3rd straight at home.   It's a very bad look.

Dakich has made the point many times that Indiana is now just like everyone else.  This kind of thing is part of that.  

3 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

I re-watched the play a few times. Smith got caught halfway on the screen; that no-man's land where he didn't jump out hard enough to interfere with the pass, and didn't recover hard enough to stay with the screener/cutter when the screen was slipped. AND, Romeo's reaction was just a little too slow to provide weak-side help. 

In other words, whether they want to admit it or not Romeo Langford and Justin Smith were on the same team for that play. :(

Agreed....   I can almost understand Smith.  Same play over and over again, and his hedge did the job most of the time.  OSU's players coming off that ball screen weren't turning the corner and getting vertical; so I'm sure in his 19 year old brain, what he did was exactly what he was supposed to do.

Romeo on the other hand was only late because he was out of position.  Help defense is on the rim line.  Romeo was 3-4 feet away from the rim line, and he actually reacted pretty quickly.  He just couldn't get there.  That was the problem as I saw it.

2 hours ago, schoosier said:

Lewis would light our team up no doubt. I remember a game Knight went off on him and he gave it right back. No _____ given.

Knight had told him to stay with (I think) a kid named Bullock from Michigan.  No exceptions.  Play happens that Lewis could have helped off him to cut off a drive; and Knight got upset.  Lewis yells back "you told me not to leave Bullock!"    I bet Knight LOVED it.

2 hours ago, schoosier said:

Lewis would light our team up no doubt. I remember a game Knight went off on him and he gave it right back. No _____ given.

I remember and loved that exchange.  How many players fired back at RMK?  How many got away with it?  Loved his fire and would love him on our sidelines.

19 hours ago, Old Friend said:

Am I the only one who thinks Bruiser Flint is absolutely worthless?   Guy has skirted NCAA trouble a few times and I think all he does is play yes man to Archie and collect a pay check. Was a very mediocre head coach and I just don't know what he brings.  At least Schilling has in-state connections or I'd feel the same about him.  Who's the "x and o" guy on this staff?

I've wondered the same thing myself. I have no clue what he brings to the table. Seems like an AAU coach to me, don't much care for that!

10 hours ago, Chris007 said:

If he leaves which I have heard talk of, who takes his place? Mike Lewis since he will be looking for a job or another African American assistant since there would not be one on staff. 

We need AJ Moye's @$$ on this team somehow, someway!

Fischer is a good guy but he is paid by IU and always seems to stop short of anything that would damage that.

He flat out agreed with Dakich on the autograph thing. That’s all I was saying. Wasn’t just Dan.

38 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

What are Bruisers responsibilities? Im asking because Im not around the program on a daily basis to know and Im guessing most of you arent either. So how the hell do you know if he is doing a good job or not??

I am in agreement with you.  All most of us see is the limited time at games on the bench.  To me, he looks like an intense dude and usually about ready to rip a kid's head off most of this year that I've seen him.