Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

OliviaPope40

IU vs OSU 2/10/19

There’s a saying that goes something about wrestling pigs in their sty. You get **** all over you but they love it. That’s how I feel about Dakich and some posters on here. DD does some good and does some bad but man, he really loves him some ****.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

1 hour ago, coonhounds said:

If archie and iu was winning alot nobody would care what dan said and imo he wouldn't have anything bad to say. We are all mad cause our team is trash right now. If that gets fixed everyone will be happier. The only positive thing I can say towards the future is archie has not had enough time. If you asked me to give reasons to be positive about our future i couldn't list a single one right now. That is bad

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

Hang in.  We lost that game by 3 points.  Sure we shouldn't have even been in that situation.  If we had anyone who could consistently shoot, we win.  

8 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Depends on the start. If it started because Green or Smith was complaining about not being a focal point that’s suspension worthy

I should've worded my post differently in hindsight.  It depends on specifics really, but "suspensions are possible" doesn't sound good IMO.

If it happened at all.

On 2/10/2019 at 7:06 PM, Old Friend said:

I have no interest in lowering my expectations.  Of anything.  Nothing great is ever accomplished with lowering expectations.  I'm glad you had a great time at the fair.   That you made a choice that was better for you today.  I've done the same and it sometimes feels better to DVR the game and never watch it because I was doing something else.  Been there, done that.   Good advice.   But....that does not mean my expectations are lowered.

You really should lower your expectations on things you can't control.  Keep them high on things that you can. 

3 minutes ago, Josh said:

You really should lower your expectations on things you can't control.  Keep them high on things that you can. 

That's probably good advice, but I've spent almost 50 years emotionally invested in Indiana Basketball and lowering my expectations seems like losing hope.  

12 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

That's probably good advice, but I've spent almost 50 years emotionally invested in Indiana Basketball and lowering my expectations seems like losing hope.  

Agree completely.  I'm there after 40.  Good luck.  Go Hoosiers.

Face it, 1987 was a long time ago. IU is no longer a top basketball program, and has a LONG way to go to be one again

Still in the shadow of Knight

Sad we are talking now about next season instead of being in the hunt in the Conference and looking to the Big Dance.

We have been , are now , and look to be too small to compete in the physical Big Ten.  Juwan plays his guts out when he should have

bigger bangers to help. 3 and 4 guards on the floor gives you a 1-9 streak

1 hour ago, Josh said:

Agree completely.  I'm there after 40.  Good luck.  Go Hoosiers.

Thanks.  It's more sad to me than anything.  More because the university has made a conscious decision that winning isn't important.  Guaranteed scholarships, 24 programs, 1 team, kumbaya, BS.   I just don't want to be apathetic about Indiana Basketball.  I miss caring about it.  Go Hoosiers.

7 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

And if he hadn't stayed and signed, Dakich would have probably bitched about him not representing IU in a favorable light.

Not the case at all.  You guys paint a picture of Dakich that just isn't accurate.  He was exactly right about Romeo today.  No reason for any player to be out of the locker room...in uniform, laughing with his family 10 minutes after a loss.   The autograph hounds can wait.  Family will be there.  If you give a damn, it doesn't happen the way it did happen.  

10 hours ago, Chris007 said:

Now Dakich said they were all cool at practice before the Iowa game except for Bruiser who had some words for Dakich. 

Am I the only one who thinks Bruiser Flint is absolutely worthless?   Guy has skirted NCAA trouble a few times and I think all he does is play yes man to Archie and collect a pay check. Was a very mediocre head coach and I just don't know what he brings.  At least Schilling has in-state connections or I'd feel the same about him.  Who's the "x and o" guy on this staff?

Not the case at all.  You guys paint a picture of Dakich that just isn't accurate.  He was exactly right about Romeo today.  No reason for any player to be out of the locker room...in uniform, laughing with his family 10 minutes after a loss.   The autograph hounds can wait.  Family will be there.  If you give a damn, it doesn't happen the way it did happen.  
True but the nba culture created this. Romeo would not even be in college without the one and done rule.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, Bailey7878 said:

True but the nba culture created this. Romeo would not even be in college without the one and done rule.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Absolutely.  Couldn't agree more.  But....regardless of what entity created it, as long as he's at Indiana, he really needs to either be part of this team and play the role he should play or get on with his life and leave the team.   The situation at Indiana right now is unacceptable and it was Romeo out of position on that slipped screen back door cut that won the game for OSU.   He was 3-4 feet from where he should have been, and he was too low.  He's where he should be, tat dunk never happens.   He's not helping anything doing what he did and if he's about Romeo and not Indiana, that kills a locker room and a team's chemistry.

Absolutely.  Couldn't agree more.  But....regardless of what entity created it, as long as he's at Indiana, he really needs to either be part of this team and play the role he should play or get on with his life and leave the team.   The situation at Indiana right now is unacceptable and it was Romeo out of position on that slipped screen back door cut that won the game for OSU.   He was 3-4 feet from where he should have been, and he was too low.  He's where he should be, tat dunk never happens.   He's not helping anything doing what he did and if he's about Romeo and not Indiana, that kills a locker room and a team's chemistry.

Not sure if we are talking about the same play but if we are, I saw it as Justin Smith not staying in front of his man when he cut to the basket off the screen. He was caught out in no man’s land and then jogged back

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app