Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

OliviaPope40

IU vs OSU 2/10/19

17 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Think you hit it on the head. Dakich is pissed that 1) he didn't get the job after Sampson and 2) Archie got hired instead of Alford. I don't think it matters how Archie does at IU, as long as he's here I expect constant criticism from Dakich. He won't let it go. 

What's the beef between Dakich and Archie?  Is there something other than Alford didn't get the job?  Dakich consistently has coaches from the area on, or opposing coaches who just beat IU on his show the next day.  (Christ Holtman was to be on today)

Fisch is on every Monday but never once have I heard Archie on his show.  Is it as petty as they hired Archie over Alford?  

12 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Dakich has bad mouthed him a lot in the last 3 weeks. Dakich tried to get Archie on after the MSU game but he declined saying they were concentrating on coaching the team.  

Which is nonsense by Archie; there is ALWAYS time to give the top rated talk show in the state 15 minutes for an on-air congratulatory piece.

Based on what you're saying Chris, Archie was not going to allow Dakich to congratulate him on a good day after publicly slamming him, the program, and one of his star players (Romeo) so much in the recent months. 

The bad blood between Archie and Dakich will be hard to shake.

Just now, Stuhoo said:

Which is nonsense by Archie; there is ALWAYS time to give the top rated talk show in the state 15 minutes for an on-air congratulatory piece.

Based on what you're saying Chris, Archie was not going to allow Dakich to congratulate him on a good day after publicly slamming him, the program, and one of his star players (Romeo) so much in the recent months. 

The bad blood between Archie and Dakich will be hard to shake.

Now Dakich said they were all cool at practice before the Iowa game except for Bruiser who had some words for Dakich. 

It's all about Dakich and keeping his ratings up.  I'm not all that convinced he truly cares about IU basketball.

Much like there were times for Crean to be less like Crean when recruiting this state, there are times for Dakich to be less like Dakich on the air. He backs off for PU, MSU, OSU, UM, and Kentucky all the time. I haven’t heard too many pet names for the above listed school or their players. He has always prodded IU. Some people are cool with that, some aren’t. I am personally not.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

He’s stated that multiple times that his daughter works for Archie. I really do think he knows what is going on behind the scenes with the team but has been told not to disclose it.

He has holtmann on now. Holtmann seems pretty happy after the latest win at assenbly hall which is a pretty easy place to win at these days.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Dakich is all radio shtick.   And it's BS about an "Indiana" guy.  WTF does that even mean?  Some farmer Brown from Kouts?  How about we get the best coach available.    Archie et. al. needs to just ignore it and focus on the task at hand.

It's a pretty simple formula.  Recruit the state.  Be cool, not a ******, so as not to PO all the in state coaches.  Attract the best players available -- nationwide.  Sign them.  Win games.  Year after year compete for Big10 Title.  Make runs in the tournament.  Get to a Final Four, Championship game and maybe another banner.  It's  a numbers game -- more chances you take, you'll eventually hit one.  Then go to your statue ceremony.  

Dakich is all radio shtick.   And it's BS about an "Indiana" guy.  WTF does that even mean?  Some farmer Brown from Kouts?  How about we get the best coach available.    Archie et. al. needs to just ignore it and focus on the task at hand.
It's a pretty simple formula.  Recruit the state.  Be cool, not a ******, so as not to PO all the in state coaches.  Attract the best players available -- nationwide.  Sign them.  Win games.  Year after year compete for Big10 Title.  Make runs in the tournament.  Get to a Final Four, Championship game and maybe another banner.  It's  a numbers game -- more chances you take, you'll eventually hit one.  Then go to your statue ceremony.  

I think this covers it pretty close to verbatim to how I feel.

If archie and iu was winning alot nobody would care what dan said and imo he wouldn't have anything bad to say. We are all mad cause our team is trash right now. If that gets fixed everyone will be happier. The only positive thing I can say towards the future is archie has not had enough time. If you asked me to give reasons to be positive about our future i couldn't list a single one right now. That is bad

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

If archie and iu was winning alot nobody would care what dan said and imo he wouldn't have anything bad to say. We are all mad cause our team is trash right now. If that gets fixed everyone will be happier. The only positive thing I can say towards the future is archie has not had enough time. If you asked me to give reasons to be positive about our future i couldn't list a single one right now. That is bad

And least we wont have heightened expectations next year. Making the ncaa will almost be a pleasant surprise. It will be less stressful having zero expectations imo.

Recruiting strategy has immediately been successful and continues to look successful in the future. I’ve also seen a lot of great defense from the Hoosiers of late, with break downs usually attributable to the same individuals...

1 minute ago, Bailey7878 said:

And least we wont have heightened expectations next year. Making the ncaa will almost be a pleasant surprise. It will be less stressful having zero expectations imo.

It does help reduce the stress. Next pre-season I am just going to try to pretend I am a Clemson grad with zero basketball expectations. 

Recruiting strategy has immediately been successful and continues to look successful in the future. I’ve also seen a lot of great defense from the Hoosiers of late, with break downs usually attributable to the same individuals...

Thanks. Yes defensively we have looked good. Recruiting i want to see a couple more sign for next season. One thing last year i got caught thinking smith would be a star this season but i missed. Al improved and i expect him to be solid next year but can't see him turning into a huge impact guy. Hope I am wrong again this time

3 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Getting Brooks would be a great shot in the arm. Having him commit, with TJD and a healthy Hunter (along with others such as Rob, Al etc) there would be some hope. 

It does help reduce the stress. Next pre-season I am just going to try to pretend I am a Clemson grad with zero basketball expectations. 
I am certainly going into it not expecting to make the NCAA given losing our two vest players. Maybe I will be surprised but I wont expect it and that will be very low stress.

Getting Brooks would be a great shot in the arm. Having him commit, with TJD and a healthy Hunter (along with others such as Rob, Al etc) there would be some hope. 
Yes it would be massive and losing him would do just the opposite. The longer it goes on the more I feel he may not come to IU.