Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

OliviaPope40

IU vs OSU 2/10/19

Smith is one of those guys who has so much athletic potential. He just seems so hesitant and never looks composed when he has the ball in his hands, despite playing major minutes. It leads to unforced turnovers, errant passes, and bad shots.. I'd love to see what this kid can do with a shot of confidence. Hopefully it doesn't take until his senior season to figure all this out.  

10 hours ago, Bailey7878 said:

Happened before Archie’s press conference, was 3 teammates and blame is starting to get pointed in directions.  Team is crumbling.  Possible suspensions coming for this I’m told.

Thats the post.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

If it happened there'd better be suspensions.  I'd be seriously disappointed if there wasn't.

7 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Depends on the start. If it started because Green or Smith was complaining about not being a focal point that’s suspension worthy

Nah; that's "sit your backside on the far end of the bench while Jake Forester plays your minutes" worthy.

I think whether or not their suspensions or benchings will all depend on what really happened and how far it really escalated. If it was just a teammate confronting others about their effort and holding them accountable then good. If it was someone blaming the loss on others an things got physical that could be a problem that could linger for a while.  

1 hour ago, ap2345 said:

I think whether or not their suspensions or benchings will all depend on what really happened and how far it really escalated. If it was just a teammate confronting others about their effort and holding them accountable then good. If it was someone blaming the loss on others an things got physical that could be a problem that could linger for a while.  

Exactly. Anyone who's played team sports (especially football and basketball) at a high level knows it can and will get chippy between teammates at times. You never like to see it but it happens and you deal with it. Now if punches get thrown and it escalates to a full on fight then someone has to sit or be kicked off the team but if if it's just a pissing/shoving match, that's to be expected when a team sucks as bad as IU does right now.

Thing is, if it was just a player trying to hold some guys with issues accountable, are those guys gonna react positively and take it as motivation and the kick in the rear they needed, or are they gonna take it negatively and cry about it, being the softies a lot of people think they are, and react in a bad way because they didn’t enjoy being called out and getting their widdle feewings hurt. Depending which way that goes could drastically change the effort level we see the remainder of the season (not that the effort level was up there in the acceptable range to begin with)....unless it ends up being something Archie rids of right away and says enough is enough.

11 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

I actually listened to Dakich for about 10 minutes today, but couldn't continue after that -- I had a massive headache. Basically, his message: I know what's wrong with IU basketball, and you don't. So don't hit me on twitter, don't tell me I'm wrong, don't come back at me, Frat Boy. ... Well, I'm not a frat boy, but sheesh -- I couldn't take the arrogance. And he went back to (for the umpteenth time) how he told Fred Glass that the next coach (after Crean) needed to be an Indiana guy, because someone who isn't an Indiana guy just wouldn't get it? So, what Indiana guy would anybody want? 

Alford? NO! He hasn't accomplished any more than Crean. And the whole Pierre Pierce thing will always be a huge black mark on his resume. I get the opinion Dakich thinks Alford and IU would be this magical elixir -- some marriage made in heaven. But the guy got fired at UCLA. Are his coaching deficiencies suddenly gonna disappear just because he's hired at IU?
Woodson? Had limited NBA success, but never has recruited. 
Wittman? Good guy, but hasn't really been successful as a coach. 
Fife? Not ready. 
Smart? Never coached college ball; never recruited. Wasn't a very good NBA coach
Lewis? Not ready.
Isiah? No. 
Calbert? Absoutely love the guy (my all-time favorite Hoosier), but he's never been a head coach.
Himself (Dakich)? You're kidding, right? 

My opinion? Dakich is still pissed that he didn't get the gig after Sampson quit. And after that, he was pissed that his buddy Alford didn't get the job when Crean was fired. And he just can't let that go. 

And keep in mind Bob Knight was not an Indiana guy when he got the job (and for the love of God, I'm not someone who can't get past the halcyon days of Bob Knight. I'm just sayin' -- he's from Ohio). 

Is Archie the right guy? I still don't know. But what "Indiana guy" could go the job. I just don't see anybody. 

Think you hit it on the head. Dakich is pissed that 1) he didn't get the job after Sampson and 2) Archie got hired instead of Alford. I don't think it matters how Archie does at IU, as long as he's here I expect constant criticism from Dakich. He won't let it go. 

It's more than that his son wanted to walk-on and he wanted to be a grad transfer, his current wife wanted the softball job and didn't get it. Then add to it no one takes his advice on what IU should do and he is bitter. Funny thing is his daughter works for The Millers I believe. 

He’s stated that multiple times that his daughter works for Archie. I really do think he knows what is going on behind the scenes with the team but has been told not to disclose it.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app