Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

OliviaPope40

IU vs OSU 2/10/19

6 minutes ago, ray said:

I'm not willing to read any of this and I got a late finish to the game, so my apologies if it was already stated...but, man, Phinisee was wide open beyond the arc on that last possession with time for the pass and shot.  Instead, it was taken by someone else with four men guarding.

To summarize the thread :  Green had no interest in anyone else taking that shot.  His selfish, playground mantra got the best of him.  Nobody was surprised.  Some think we still need him.  A couple (me included) disagree.  Davis didn't play enough; Smith played too much. Smith and Green took too many shots.  Morgan and Durham (who nobody seemed to see today) didn't take enough.  And we still don't fit.

So we are ready to fire a coach forced to inherit a bad roster, who successfully recruited Romeo Langford and then had virtually every player capable of contributing get injured?

Glass is that you? Hey look, I have never said “fire Archie” and I am far from that mindset.

However, nobody needs to make any excuses for what we are seeing on the court. There needs to be a lot of improvement made and it is ridiculous to think we need to wait until he has a full roster of his players.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

After the Michigan game, somewhere among these threads, I claimed that IU’s next 7 games WERE the season. The prediction was meant to show that a record of at least 3-4 was needed to keep hope alive for the tournament. We went 1-6, far exceeding even my worst hypothetical predictions. Because of the strength of the remaining schedule, I find it highly unlikely that the team can navigate the rest with only 1-2 losses. 14 is too many, regardless of who you beat at that point.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

1 minute ago, cappymo14 said:

After the Michigan game, somewhere among these threads, I claimed that IU’s next 7 games WERE the season. The prediction was meant to show that a record of at least 3-4 was needed to keep hope alive for the tournament. We went 1-6, far exceeding even my worst hypothetical predictions. Because of the strength of the remaining schedule, I find it highly unlikely that the team can navigate the rest with only 1-2 losses. 14 is too many, regardless of who you beat at that point.

Cheer up.....we got the BTT.

How about one or two wins. I am more worried we may not win again.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Archie needs to have some guys see some major pine time...Green and Smith.  If the season is to be salvaged it would be better off without them.
The problem is that never happens.

Cheer up.....we got the BTT.

Great, But I have to work during the opening round games. That’s what we’re looking at here. I feel I’m fairly positive overall, but reality has taken my confidence in the program and IU has taken my love of the NCAA tournament. I buy a set of tickets every other year to go watch IU VS Wisconsin at Assembly Hall. It is a hefty price tag for me considering the 500 miles of travel, good seats, lodging, meals and many, many drinks. I’m thinking of selling the tickets. They are going to whale on us and I can’t bear to spend the money watching it happen. Go IU for life, but I’m thinking seriously of saving $800

Great, But I have to work during the opening round games. That’s what we’re looking at here. I feel I’m fairly positive overall, but reality has taken my confidence in the program and IU has taken my love of the NCAA tournament. I buy a set of tickets every other year to go watch IU VS Wisconsin at Assembly Hall. It is a hefty price tag for me considering the 500 miles of travel, good seats, lodging, meals and many, many drinks. I’m thinking of selling the tickets. They are going to whale on us and I can’t bear to spend the money watching it happen. Go IU for life, but I’m thinking seriously of saving $800

I know I would. And have. My passion for IU basketball is at an all time low. Selling my tickets. Won’t wear my gear out. Turning games off with 12-15 mins to go in the 2nd half bc I just can’t bear to watch it anymore. Idk about Archie anymore. His seat is gotta be warm imo. I know, program is young. But so is a lot of others out there in this day and time. I was a big fan and was extremely excited about the hire but man I really don’t see it anymore. I’d give him one more season at best at this rate. I don’t like some of the crap he’s doing since our losing streak. We are seeing players going through the motions, not hustling back on defense and etc. what punishment is there for it? Absolutely none! It would be different if it were every now and then but this has been going on all year, even before the losing streak.

27 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Hearing on HSN that there was an altercation in the locker room after the game involving 3 players. Team is crumbling.

That can either be used as a time to crumble or a time for someone to step up and lead.  If there was indeed an altercation, I hope it included players being pissed at some of the selfish and ridiculously brainless things that seem to happen game after game.

Hearing on HSN that there was an altercation in the locker room after the game involving 3 players. Team is crumbling.
Happened before Archie’s press conference, was 3 teammates and blame is starting to get pointed in directions.  Team is crumbling.  Possible suspensions coming for this I’m told.

Thats the post.

If true, I doubt they landed more than 10% of their punches.

Ouch, we’re a decent team from in close so I’ll take the over. Although, there probably wasn’t much of an effort so it wouldn’t be surprising if nothing landed.

On a serious note, maybe some of the players actually cared. I don’t think this will solve the collective bball IQ but maybe help with the effort...?with Davis back and Race possibly being able to play, there are a few players that might help the team by being suspended.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app