Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

OliviaPope40

IU vs OSU 2/10/19

5 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

Archie brought in three guys (Hunter, Romeo,Rob) in his first class that are players to rebuild around. The rest of these guys are junk. Including Morgan. Leftover Crean JUNK.

Pretty stupid to use a 1 and done for a multi year rebuild

7 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

Archie brought in three guys (Hunter, Romeo,Rob) in his first class that are players to rebuild around. The rest of these guys are junk. Including Morgan. Leftover Crean JUNK.

Sorry but you aren't building around Romeo when he will be in the NBA next year. As for the other guys on the team you are right except for Durham I think Durham is a decent role player as a 6th - 8th man on a good team but he's not a starter. 

2 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

Sorry but you aren't building around Romeo when he will be in the NBA next year. As for the other guys on the team you are right except for Durham I think Durham is a decent role player as a 6th - 8th man on a good team but he's not a starter. 

And we can't judge Hunter or Thompson, hell we haven't seen either one yet!

Hunter may never be healthy and ro.eo will be gone next year. So it will be year three but basically year one. I guess we are on a crean plan.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

23 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

False. Curses are made to be broken just ask Boston and Chicago. The only problem is the curse of Bobby Knight doesn't seem to be getting broken any time soon.

It would be if Indiana had the foresight to either hire basketball coaches instead of a system coach or a guy who had one good season because he had a hall of famer and 2 other NBA players on a team or another guy who......well, I have no idea why we hired Mike Davis. Or go find people who truly understand how to succeed at a fishbowl like Indiana and guys who embrace it (Fife and Lewis?  Here's a check.  Put numbers on it and get on Indiana's bench next to Archie.) 

Bruiser?  You're an east coast guy.  A bad coach who seems to offer nothing,  You won 53% of your games as a head coach.  Wow.  That's pretty mediocre. You're not doing a good job.  Bye.

Ed Schilling?  Everyone's buddy?  You ran a great camp; but you obviously can't "x and o."  You're not holding kids accountable or expecting anything of them.  Bye.  

Tom Ostrom?  Your mentors before Archie were  Billy Donovan, Clem Haskins and John Pelphrey?  Seems you should have learned something.   Maybe?   Bye.

Indiana is not cursed.  Indiana has made a series of incredibly dumb decisions from which it is becoming harder and harder to recover.

35 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Okay so Marshall was the only realistic one.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Agreed but for the fan who think IU is dream job, it’s not. Everyone thought Archie was a homerun based on one good tourney run and success in a subpar conference. We’ll see what he can do next year with mostly his players but I think he needs to look the mirror this offseason and make some adjustments to his schemes. 

7 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

It would be if Indiana had the foresight to either hire basketball coaches instead of a system coach or a guy who had one good season because he had a hall of famer and 2 other NBA players on a team or another guy who......well, I have no idea why we hired Mike Davis. Or go find people who truly understand how to succeed at a fishbowl like Indiana and guys who embrace it (Fife and Lewis?  Here's a check.  Put numbers on it and get on Indiana's bench next to Archie.) 

Bruiser?  You're an east coast guy.  A bad coach who seems to offer nothing,  You won 53% of your games as a head coach.  Wow.  That's pretty mediocre. You're not doing a good job.  Bye.

Ed Schilling?  Everyone's buddy?  You ran a great camp; but you obviously can't "x and o."  You're not holding kids accountable or expecting anything of them.  Bye.  

Tom Ostrom?  Your mentors before Archie were  Billy Donovan, Clem Haskins and John Pelphrey?  Seems you should have learned something.   Maybe?   Bye.

Indiana is not cursed.  Indiana has made a series of incredibly dumb decisions from which it is becoming harder and harder to recover.

You’d fire the recruiter for the last repeat champions?  Doesn’t seem smart

So does that mean year three is year one like on the fred glass honeymoon scale.

Honestly, I couldn’t care less what you’d like to call it. The team needs to play better and the coach needs to coach better. It just doesn’t calculate how you could be a division 1 player and couldn’t care less how you perform. I know you love rolling around in this though...

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Honestly, I couldn’t care less what you’d like to call it. The team needs to play better and the coach needs to coach better. It just doesn’t calculate how you could be a division 1 player and couldn’t care less how you perform. I know you love rolling around in this though...

Not really just trying to figure out what expectations should be for a coach in his third year.

Not really just trying to figure out what expectations should be for a coach in his third year.

Better than this. Better overall . Improvment. Get better at free throws. Get better at shooting threes. Run a better offense.

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

No way Archie had more talent in his sweet 16 team that came to Memphis than our current team.
So what’s the problem??

Archie..... this beyond SUCKS!
Expected MUCH better.
NEED MUCH better!
Do you have it in you Archie?
You’re losing the most loyal fans in college basketball.
NO BUENO!

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

NCAA?

Of course that should be expected at iu every year. I still say archie will be a winner here i just think he has to get the right guys. Will it happen I am losing confidence but still hoping. If recruiting goes totally south i say we cut our losses and move on though. If that makes any sense lol

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

5 minutes ago, FraneT said:

For those of you who want Archie gone after this season, who could we realistically replace him with?

If you fire a coach after his second year you won't get any good coaches unless they just bet that they will do better or they have a connection to IU. So the only guys that I would say would say yes for sure are Alford, Fife, and Lewis. The most realistic from that group would be Alford but everyone would throw a tantrum that he isn't a good coach, Pierre Pierce, and whatever else there is to complain about. I could make a case for him but I'm not wasting my time on that. The issue with the other two is that there is a lot that goes on behind the scenes that is different for the head coach verses being an assistant. That being said it would have to be an IU guy or a very confident coach to take over after only two or three years for CAM. That being said CAM isn't going anywhere unless it is his decision. 

It shouldn’t matter what year the coach is in for his kids to play smart and with consistent effort. This problem won’t be fixed with another year. There needs to be some kids who ride the pine for dumb decisions and lack of effort or find another opportunity to play D1 basketball.

Are you missing any more games this season? You seem to be absent when the team has played decent basketball.

I didn’t read the thread so if this has been stated I apologize but, Archie has to sit Justin Smith. His half @$$ sloppy efforts all over the court is killing us. Play smaller if you have to, play bigger if you have to but he has no business on the court. He has all the tools but jogs around aimlessly out there and I cannot stand watching it anymore

1 minute ago, MikeRoberts said:

I didn’t read the thread so if this has been stated I apologize but, Archie has to sit Justin Smith. His half @$$ sloppy efforts all over the court is killing us. Play smaller if you have to, play bigger if you have to but he has no business on the court. He has all the tools but jogs around aimlessly out there and I cannot stand watching it anymore

There are a few guys that it seems like CAM is afraid to sit when they make a mistake. That is one of the best ways to lose a locker room as a coach when you aren't winning and you are not holding everyone on the team to the same standards.