Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

OliviaPope40

IU vs OSU 2/10/19

16 minutes ago, Free Jurkin! said:

This board is blinded by Green hate. He had the best +/- on the team. The reason he couldn't pass on the last possession is because Juwan and Langford ran right at him and brought their defenders with him to trap instead of spreading the floor. That was on them, not Green

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True.....still can’t stand him. 

And yet Archie then starts Smith in the second half, because his name is on the laminated starter card, and we start out with 2 points in 5 minutes.  I DON’T GET IT.

Having a healthy Hunter or Davis would have helped a lot. I’m not sure why Davis went to the bench with about 3 minutes left and didn’t return. I don’t like calling out specific players over one game but man, we’re just a dumb, soft team. Our coaching staff needed to bench players earlier in the season to get the message across. We now see it as acceptable to give just enough effort not to be blown out.

Who on this team looked like they thought or wanted to win out of the timeouts late in the game. Who is the leader on this team or the player you look at that actually care. We go through the motions. We get punched and just look around for our safe space. We’re long on athletes and short on leaders, basketball players, and competitors. I’d trade several of these athletes for a few basketball players any day of the week.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, TXHoosierDaddy said:

Did anyone else think Justin Smith looked like he couldn't have cared less today? I saw him a few times look like he was trying to give as little effort as possible. I'm sure there were a few more guys too. Very disturbing. 

Not unusual for him, unfortunately.

2 minutes ago, TXHoosierDaddy said:

Did anyone else think Justin Smith looked like he couldn't have cared less today? I saw him a few times look like he was trying to give as little effort as possible. I'm sure there were a few more guys too. Very disturbing. 

I guess that is a better explanation for his defense on the go ahead dunk where he looked legit confused as to what was going on

1 minute ago, TXHoosierDaddy said:

There was a specific play in the 1st half when he went to the top of the key to set a screen. After Rob(I think) went to the right, Justin walked the other way and wasn't even looking in the direction of the ball in case Rob had to use him as an outlet.

What I disliked more than anything was once when he was subbed out race tried to give him a high five and smith just sat down. That’s being a poor teammate

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Well what else is there. Said it before will say it again He's in over his head in the B1G. He'll get 4 years but needs to figure out how to coach n B1G. I agree losing recruits with his coaching performance. If we see that he can't coach they can too.

14 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

He'll get drafted in the lottery because the NBA drafts on potential, but I think whoever drafts him will regret it. He can't shoot, has a low basketball iq and a questionable motor. I don't think he's a bad kid, but he reminds me of someone who was a prodigy growing up and got by on his abilities. Now that the level of competition is raised he can't just out-talent everyone. 

I couldn’t say it any better. I’ve watched him closely since 6th grade. Is he athletic? Yes. Is he talented? Yes. But I can say firsthand that he was not served well while in high school. It’s showing big time now.

1 minute ago, HoosierDYT said:

What I disliked more than anything was once when he was subbed out race tried to give him a high five and smith just sat down. That’s being a poor teammate

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I've seen tension between him and Romeo a few times this year.  Makes me think not only is the leadership lacking but there is some divide within the team. Not trying to start rumors but it would explain the lack of cohesion we see so often with this team. 

When was the last time he looked like he cared? We have more players that look like this than players that look like they give a damn.

9 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

You're right, he tied for the team lead in turnovers.  So much better.

What's said is a person can post that exact same thing about Green after every game, and be right more often than not.

Oh I know. You do. 

Flipping channels and watched SMU run the same 3 man weave we run.  It was 1 successful possession but I noticed something.  

The difference was the speed and effort in which they did it.  Like they were on a fast break. With purpose. We do it (and everything) like it’s a walk through.  

2 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

When was the last time he looked like he cared? We have more players that look like this than players that look like they give a damn.

That's the thing. We have more talent than we show but we have too many guys that just want to go through the motions. Need more Al Durham's. Very few guys willing to bust their butts on every play.