Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

OliviaPope40

IU vs OSU 2/10/19

Excellent set coming out of a timeout for Holtman. They wanted to get Smith to make a tough decision and they did, excellent slip to the basket. If you guys remember, Smith got caught in a bad slip to the basket vs MSU in the last minutes of the game. 

Bottom line, Smith isn’t good on defense

1 minute ago, Free Jurkin! said:

This board is blinded by Green hate. He had the best +/- on the team. The reason he couldn't pass on the last possession is because Juwan and Langford ran right at him and brought their defenders with him to trap instead of spreading the floor. That was on them, not Green

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My favorite Green play was actually after he did something right, he made a hustle play, then went and shot a three with a guy right on top of him, because yolo. Lets also forget that whenever Green gets the ball that means Green must shoot the ball

1 minute ago, Free Jurkin! said:

This board is blinded by Green hate. He had the best +/- on the team. The reason he couldn't pass on the last possession is because Juwan and Langford ran right at him and brought their defenders with him to trap instead of spreading the floor. That was on them, not Green

Agreed. I have no idea what Morgan and Langford were doing there. They deserve at least as much blame as Green for that last possession. 

40 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Yes, especially with Phinisee really struggling over the last 5 games. Green makes plays that no one else on the team can make. He's high risk high reward. 

So what??   His playmaking doesn't help and his good far outweighs his bad.  You don't need that kid.  You need him to disappear. Take the last play for example  He never looked for anyone else.  Never attempted to make a slice cut to the middle of the floor to find someone open.  A completely selfish play that had almost no chance to succeed.

Turned it over with a garbage pass to Morgan's feet on a critical possession late.  He was only given credit for 2 TO's, but he was responsible for at least 4.

Indiana is 4-9 in the Big Ten with him (and yes, I know he missed 3 games).  The football team has been 5-7 the last 2 seasons with Ramsey and you're still on his bandwagon despite his being 106th in the country in YPA.    Maybe you and I look at things that differently; but I don't see "need" in that kid at all.

Start the game down 11-2 and Smith comes out. We get on a little run and he comes back in only for us to get further behind. It’s painfully obvious that he needs to sit and maybe come off the bench. He and a green go through stretches that are just too much to overcome. This team also doesn’t know the game of basketball. Hopefully they’re doing much better in the classroom.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

5 minutes ago, Free Jurkin! said:

You watch a very different game than some do.  

4 minutes ago, Free Jurkin! said:

I see you missed that he once again led the team in turnovers and once again had multiple plays (missed defensive assignments, stupid shots) that didn't count as turnovers but hurt the team just as much.

7 minutes ago, hoosierfan84 said:

Yep. Romeo isn’t what everybody thinks Romeo is, or has been touted as. 

He'll get drafted in the lottery because the NBA drafts on potential, but I think whoever drafts him will regret it. He can't shoot, has a low basketball iq and a questionable motor. I don't think he's a bad kid, but he reminds me of someone who was a prodigy growing up and got by on his abilities. Now that the level of competition is raised he can't just out-talent everyone. 

Just now, JSHoosier said:

I see you missed that he once again led the team in turnovers and once again had multiple plays (missed defensive assignments, stupid shots) that didn't count as turnovers but hurt the team just as much.

“Led the team in turnovers” ......along with the 3 other guys that had the same amount of turnovers and similar FG%. Lol come on man. Same post, different game.