Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

OliviaPope40

IU vs OSU 2/10/19

I've screamed many things at my TV this season, but I think No. 1 on my list is, "GRAB THE DAMN BALL!" ... We lose so many 50-50 balls and seem to be so lazy in rebounding. Stop tipping it around or slapping at it and GRAB IT AND SECURE IT! 

3 minutes ago, Feathery said:

why is Smith shooting a jump shot on the way down? 

If I was the father of a recruit, the question I would ask is, “Your staff in 2 yrs has not shown the ability to improve skills. What are you going to do differently to improve my son’s skill set?”

Ok I’ve cut Arch some slack this year. But this bad stretch of ball we’ve witnessed this year is all on him. When you have lack of hustle, continued poor shots, and turnovers; it’s his job to send a message. And his message is to continue to play the likely culprits. Either learn and get better or  go coach at Georgia.

1 minute ago, HoosierAloha said:

I think Smith is like 7 of 16 outplaying the opposing starting 4 this season.

Who on this teams gives a damn if we’re winning or losing?

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Smith reminds me a lot of Hollowell. Both give off the impression that the could care less on the court. I want players with fire who compete not mope around when things get hard

That's what I can't figure out. 13-11 doesn't look good, but I think the tournament is still there if we stop farting around and play hard and win some games -- especially with this stretch at home. ... Even Bonner said most had us in until the Iowa loss ... But this is a dead-a$$ team. They just seem as if they don't care. 

The season is much like every game. We give a little energy and want to in a short spurt then just quit coming up short. I feel a “just outside” making the tourney happening this season.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

6 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

Is there anyone left who still thinks we "need" DeVonte Green?  He is easily the most careless player I have ever seen and I cannot stand to watch him.   

Yes, especially with Phinisee really struggling over the last 5 games. Green makes plays that no one else on the team can make. He's high risk high reward. 

Just now, Bowhunter said:

Archie with too much emphasis on defense and not enough on offense. The polar opposite of Crean. Even Langford who had never lacked confidence doesn’t have any after coming here.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

We have a winner.  

Man Juwan looks so tired out there. Another missed jumper and he's trying to rebound against 4 OSU players. I still don't get why it's fully necessary to send 4 IU players back instead of just 1 or 2 guards. By design, we won't ever be an offensive rebounding unit under Arch unless he changes approach.