Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ALASKA HOOSIER

IU vs IOWA 02/07/19 GAME THREAD!

1 hour ago, TXHoosierDaddy said:

Man I thought the opposite. Winning at Mich St to me was exactly the momentum this team needed for a new start especially doing it without JMo for the most part. And we got to come home to AH and play a good but not great Iowa team. Props to them for showing up. 

Maybe my words weren't right with Green. I don't want him to have the ball a lot or for us to actually rely on him. However, off the bench he is the only guy capable of hitting a few triples. For a team devoid of scoring, it's a big plus if we can get a few baskets from him. When he sunk a few at MSU I felt like it energized the other guys and they kind of played off of each other. The only guy I trust off the bench is Davis but that's not going to be enough most nights. We need another guy to step up or two. 

I agree. I thought the momentum might carry over to this game. It was the first game I actually got excited about in over a month i guess. But I drank too much and turned it off with 15 to go in the first half

I’ll yell this still my voice is hoarse, but this team had limited bigs and no established PG. Expectations were not very high for me - first weekend tourney team. If we miss, that’s disappointing, but not that far off from expectations. 

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app
Yep i have to remember my goal for them was a ncaa birth. I think some on here let their expectations rise to high and cant handle the reality that this team isn't very good. I remember thinking archie was in trouble when romeo committed because of expectations being to high. Nobody wants to be patient but reality is it takes time and as much as some on here think coaching iu would be easy and anyone of them could do it and win it is a process and takes time

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

5 hours ago, ray said:

And I’m with you both on this.

And pumpfake might be right, but if that was the case, then why is Fitzner playing before either of them. Whether Moore is better than Forrester is obviously debatable based on these threads, but from my vantage point it’s hard for me to see what Fitzner has done to beat either of them out for minutes?

True.  Of those three, I see zero upside to Fitzner getting minutes.

True.  Of those three, I see zero upside to Fitzner getting minutes.
I still cant figure out how we gave him a grant in the first place. I would say no gead transfers unless all other options are off the table.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Vonleh couldn't have cared less.  He was in college because he had to be.  Lot like Romeo if you ask me.  His talent was completely irrelevant because he was doing nothing but playing out the time he had to play.  I'm no fan of even acknowledging he played at Indiana. h He certainly couldn't care less.

And there was zero leadership on that team to hold him accountable. Yogi wasn’t a leader until his senior year. College is a time to have fun but when you’re a high level athlete it’s also a time to prove yourself.

Romeo is a phenomenal talent but there’s not a leader on this team that will hold him accountable. He’s just another guy in the mood of Morgan, Smith, and Green. I’m just going to kind of go about my business, play hard for a bit, and see where that leaves us at the end of the game.

Neither team had any consistent heart or effort and that’s mostly to blame on the upperclassmen. If you don’t understand that’s not acceptable, even more so as an upperclassmen, then you don’t understand Indiana basketball.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

39 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

Just a disappointing collapse that’s happening before our eyes

I don't think it's a collapse as much as it's a mish mash of players with no leadership and pieces that don't fit.  Any team that counts on DeVonte Green (and I just heard Colin Hartman substantiate as much) to play major minutes is in trouble.

To heck with making the ncaa or nit tournaments.
I’m hoping we get into the B1G tournament at this point.

Come on HOOSIERS!
SURPRISE the HELL OUTTA US!

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners
My guess is the season will be over March 14th. Fred will then say we are Indiana and we do not play in the CBI. He is good at that speech.

3 hours ago, ALASKA HOOSIER said:

Ok everyone- I did it! I cursed us for this game. Please accept my apologies, i will never again start a game thread. Damn, i suck :(

Your punishment is to go stand in a corner and yell Purdue Sucks 100 times.

57 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

I don't think it's a collapse as much as it's a mish mash of players with no leadership and pieces that don't fit.  Any team that counts on DeVonte Green (and I just heard Colin Hartman substantiate as much) to play major minutes is in trouble.

Old Friend is referencing Colin's time with Kent Sterling earlier today.  It's a 14 minute segment and if you don't want to listen to the entire segment just jump to around 8:45 when they start discussing Devonte.

44 minutes ago, Bailey7878 said:

We actually play better on the road then we do at home.

Wtf. Because of one road win? We lost at Rutgers and Northwestern (who we beat at home), But sure, what ever we play better on the road because of one game. Who cares that outside of that one road game we've sucked on the road

Wtf. Because of one road win? We lost at Rutgers and Northwestern (who we beat at home), But sure, what ever we play better on the road because of one game. Who cares that outside of that one road game we've sucked on the road
We got run off our home court by nebraska and michigan. The road games were closer than those.

I didn't necessarily expect to go on a new run, but I thought MSU could be a game to build off of.  Last night sucked though; effort overall was better but was still inconsistent even in the second half.

Green, oof.  I think the best way he could help us is as a spot up shooter taking shots that come within the flow of the offense.  He's not particularly good shooter but he's too careless to be looking for his own shot and frankly sucks out loud as a primary ball handler.

I am going to be at the game on Sunday and my dad said that when DG gets in he's going to the concession stand.

Don’t forget to start the game thread before leaving. No pressure, but we’re all counting on you.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app