Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ALASKA HOOSIER

IU vs IOWA 02/07/19 GAME THREAD!

So it’s okay to just want in the NIT for this year? You are right about the firepower, it just hurts to miss another tournament with Morgan and Romeo on this team.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Free Jake!!

It’s ok to make the NIT when making the tournament now looks like a pipe dream.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m hoping Hunter can shoot from 3. We will need him and others to spread the floor so badly next year if we want to stop losing.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I hope Hunter is pissed that he’s sitting on the bench watching this effort. I hope when he’s able to return to the team full go that he gives a damn. I hope that he’s more of the solution than another problem. He can learn to shoot: see Durham. I’m not sure some of these players can learn to care.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

4 minutes ago, VO5 said:

Rob dauster thinks we’re still in the tourney. Comfortably, even. Hard to believe, but the Marquette, Louisville, MSU wins are huge for us still

We might be in TODAY but we are tracking towards 6-14 or 7-13 in the conference which will not cut it.  Hopefully we will go on a surprising run but I’m not holding my breath.

1 minute ago, theriverpilot said:

I don’t mind criticism of coaching but the “Archie s*cks” stuff are just blanket, empty statements. At least give some observations to support your opinion. I’m fairly certain Archie didn’t tell Romeo to miss a defensive assignment or shoot an air ball on a FT attempt. Or have Fitzner throw it right to an opposing player for a turnover. Or Juwan to make some suspect decisions and get into foul trouble.

“Archie should play someone else” you say?? Well who?? We are what we are. Our talent is what it is. We don’t have a shooter, our best big is barely 6’8”, and our 5 star freshman has been inconsistent. Facts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nah, I'm right there with you. It is year 2, it takes time to completely change a system and culture. A lot of the screw Archie posters are the guys who wanted a different hire and were vocally displeased when Archie was named head coach. I don't really read many of their comments and think, man they're right. Its more of they're still pissy the guy they wanted didn't get the job. 

And people are gonna call for Jake. I mean, he brought energy, and fouls...... he isn't fixing this

They’ll be good until Late February/March.

You know normally every other year I would agree with you. I am usually the first saying this. Their schedule has to be the easiest remaining. If they collapse like every other year I will truly feel bad for them.

Two things that killed me:

1) when Justin missed a contested layup and then fell going for the Oreb and then laid on the ground instead of getting back on defense and his guy had an open three
2) the double teamed fade away 30 foot dagger as we were back within 3 and had momentum. Defense was playing well. That just sucked.

Man, some can’t, but I saw plenty of times where the offense was flowing and our defense was intense and steadfast. We have the wrong pieces on this team and without fail someone eventually slacks or makes a mistake or gets selfish and it knocks everything out of rhythm.

Also, I know we all said De’Ron doesn’t fit Archie’s offense last year, but damn. He’s played so so well through everything this year. So impressed. He could have had a really great career at Indiana.

Yeah I was definitely wrong on Deron. I love his attitude he plays with and feel it was something missing prior to that MSU game.

Yeah I was definitely wrong on Deron. I love his attitude he plays with and feel it was something missing prior to that MSU game.

He looks different this year. He’s a surgeon in the post. Patient and precise.

1) when Justin missed a contested layup and then fell going for the Oreb and then laid on the ground instead of getting back on defense and his guy had an open three
2) the double teamed fade away 30 foot dagger as we were back within 3 and had momentum. Defense was playing well. That just sucked.

Man, some can’t, but I saw plenty of times where the offense was flowing and our defense was intense and steadfast. We have the wrong pieces on this team and without fail someone eventually slacks or makes a mistake or gets selfish and it knocks everything out of rhythm.

Also, I know we all said De’Ron doesn’t fit Archie’s offense last year, but damn. He’s played so so well through everything this year. So impressed. He could have had a really great career at Indiana.

Completely agree. Got to be there tonight and the energy was just sucked out of the place in those two plays. I don’t know that the pouting will ever be taken out of Justin or Devonte after a bad play. As for the 3, if a guy is gonna hit that, just shake his hand...all you can do.

9 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

We might be in TODAY but we are tracking towards 6-14 or 7-13 in the conference which will not cut it.  Hopefully we will go on a surprising run but I’m not holding my breath.

Yeah, I just meant as of today. Have to finish with 18 wins before BTT in my opinion

10 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

I really admire De’Ron and how he has dealt with, and fought through, all of the injuries. He and Al often seem to be two of the players that care the most and give consistent effort (even though they are dreaded Crean players...sarcasm intended).

I hope he comes back next year and has an injury free season.  I have somewhat of an understanding what Archie is trying to do defensively but his offensive “system” still eludes me. Even if De’Ron does not fit Archies offense, and I am not sure that is the case, I think posters are crazy to think we don’t need his size next  year against MSU, MD, PU, Wiscy, IA etc.  

I really admire De’Ron and how he has dealt with, and fought through, all of the injuries. He and Al often seem to be two of the players that care the most and give consistent effort (even though they are dreaded Crean players...sarcasm intended).
I hope he comes back next year and has an injury free season.  I have somewhat of an understanding what Archie is trying to do defensively but his offensive “system” still eludes me. Even if De’Ron does not fit Archies offense, and I am not sure that is the case, I think posters are crazy to think we don’t need his size next  year against MSU, MD, PU, Wiscy, IA etc.  

Yeah I don’t see a clear offense either, but do see when they move the ball and move off the ball instead of standing around.

1 minute ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Yeah I don’t see a clear offense either, but do see when they move the ball and move off the ball instead of standing around.

Agree 100%.

The Marquette game in particular was a thing of beauty. They way they moved the ball that game really made me excited for the season. 

I think I just read somewhere that De’Ron had 7 assists. I’ll try to find stats to confirm. Yeah man, he really is impressing. That injury to his Achilles should have ended him. I can’t imagine the pain he must be in every morning. Imagine if it had not happened. Different season? Forget all the other injuries for just a second. De’Ron only. If he never misses a game this season? Damn.

Just now, cappymo14 said:

I think I just read somewhere that De’Ron had 7 assists. I’ll try to find stats to confirm. Yeah man, he really is impressing. That injury to his Achilles should have ended him. I can’t imagine the pain he must be in every morning. Imagine if it had not happened. Different season? Forget all the other injuries for just a second. De’Ron only. If he never misses a game this season? Damn.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/boxscore?gameId=401082383

I also got a little excited and/or thought we might have turned a corner after MSU. The fact is, however, that we did not turn the corner but rather the MSU game was an outlier. The results from the last 8 games back that up.
Yeah its sad but true. Ohio state sunday is likely one of our best remaining chances for a win.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk