Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ALASKA HOOSIER

IU vs IOWA 02/07/19 GAME THREAD!

1 minute ago, Hovadipo said:

You’re blatantly baiting then saying “Who? Me?” when you get called out on it. 

Not sure what else to tell you. 

I'm saying that goes both ways.  Good night.

Yeah. A legit team just beat us. It sucks. They hit the shots good teams hit.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Iowa hit tough shots, but we are at home and should not have let them get the big lead. This could cost us the tournament. I want to be positive but it’s hard. We never lose this many home games. We played a lot harder at MSU. Iowa is the better team but many times the home team wins these games. We let the visitors get big leads which gives them confidence. It’s a bad recipe!

Free Jake!!

Just now, Bailey7878 said:

For sure. I got a little delusional after last weekends win but they are who they are. One or two more wins may be it.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I also got a little excited and/or thought we might have turned a corner after MSU. The fact is, however, that we did not turn the corner but rather the MSU game was an outlier. The results from the last 8 games back that up.

I’m hoping Hunter can shoot from 3. We will need him and others to spread the floor so badly next year if we want to stop losing.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Big time shooters make big time shots. IU doesn’t have any big time shooters and haven’t for a while.

I mean Blackmon two years ago was a truly elite shooter that hit clutch shots in his career

We needed that win but I'm not too upset. We played pretty well in the 2nd. This team just doesn't have the firepower this year to do anything. Let's just make a little NIT run and get more Archie players in.

So it’s okay to just want in the NIT for this year? You are right about the firepower, it just hurts to miss another tournament with Morgan and Romeo on this team.

Free Jake!!

We had players not closing out to shooters, we had players moping when they turned it over, we had guys going through the motions. This doesn’t cut it in D1, doesn’t work in the Big Ten, and needs to be gone from Iu basketball. The unfortunate problem is we’d have only a few players remaining if we rid ourselves of those players.

JMo needs to know they’re going to call him for most 50/50 fouls. We’re not a fundamental Big Ten team so we won’t get the benefit of the doubt.

We have zero leadership on this team. We have to be told to huddle up more and talk. It’s almost like it’s the Crean years extended. We’ll start winning when players take responsibility and hold each other accountable. We don’t have that. We’ll start winning when we give consistent effort and show any giveadamn. This team is too talented to be 4-8 in the Big Ten.

The worst part is they’re sleepwalking and they don’t care what about the result.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

2 minutes ago, Josh said:

I'm saying that goes both ways.  Good night.

Disagreeing with you =/= what you have been doing for the better part of 2 months. You know exactly what you’re doing, I’d really appreciate if you didn’t do it anymore. 

Sweet dreams. 

Third straight home loss. Bottom half teams lose home games in February. I’m not sure what the turnover numbers were in the first half. Don’t need to. That’s where it was lost. The second Iowa switches to zone, we turn it over, they hit 3’s. Hats off to Bohannon and Iowa for hitting just huge, back breaking shots in the 2nd. In the end, still need 5 more games to have a shot at a gifted postseason.

Iowa hit tough shots, but we are at home and should not have let them get the big lead. This could cost us the tournament. I want to be positive but it’s hard. We never lose this many home games. We played a lot harder at MSU. Iowa is the better team but many times the home team wins these games. We let the visitors get big leads which gives them confidence. It’s a bad recipe!

Free Jake!!

Can’t disagree with any of that. I don’t think this team is comfortable playing at AH. I have only been to five home games this year and every time I see them they look more scared than the last time I saw them. It’s almost like the crowd expects a result and team reacts accordingly. I was there tonight and the crowd was good. But we had lulls and you could see the players demeanor has just changed this year. Almost like they feel the fans aren’t behind them and when they make a mistake it snowballs for a couple of possessions. I don’t know how their demeanor came across but when they did good it was kind of a us against the world attitude when anything good or bad happened.

Yeah. A legit team just beat us. It sucks. They hit the shots good teams hit.

Yeah Nebraska was a legit team when they beat us now they can't win a game. Rutgers was also a legit team. So tired of the excuses. Poorly coached team and players are just as bad!

Sent from my SM-G930V using BtownBanners mobile app

Third straight home loss. Bottom half teams lose home games in February. I’m not sure what the turnover numbers were in the first half. Don’t need to. That’s where it was lost. The second Iowa switches to zone, we turn it over, they hit 3’s. Hats off to Bohannon and Iowa for hitting just huge, back breaking shots in the 2nd. In the end, still need 5 more games to have a shot at a gifted postseason.

I believe we had 11 in the first half and they had 16 points off of them. It’s a different game if we cut that in half. However, we still have the same players trying to make absolutely terrible plays that should not be made in an IU Jersey.

I thought Cook would have a big game. He’s a baller and our defender on him comes and goes with his mood and effort. I also thought they had a chance to go off from deep. We didn’t give enough effort to get out to their shooters or to rebound.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app