Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Chris007

B1G Programs on the Downward Slide

25 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I'm guessing the Illinois fan base is just fine this morning

After last night? No doubt. And, Underwood has some really nice pieces going forward.

It's the Nebraska, NW, and Penn St fan bases that ought to be concerned. Those wells are running dry this year AND going forward.

5 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

After last night? No doubt. And, Underwood has some really nice pieces going forward.

It's the Nebraska, NW, and Penn St fan bases that ought to be concerned. Those wells are running dry this year AND going forward.

No way Chambers can play the “we hustle” card and get out of this one. 

34 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Remember how Collins was going to go to Duke a few years back because he was a great coach for going to the tourney?  Pepperidge farms remembers 

8 minutes ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

O can see Chambers and Miles being fired after the season

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I guess it's possible that Miles gets dumped, but Nebraska fan interest and attendance has been at an all-time high under Miles, and with Palmer, Watson , Copeland, and Bourchard gone after this year, if they start over that program is gonna take on a major rebuilding aura that it will have trouble digging out of. Although, I guess with those players gone they'll be in rebuild mode with Miles too, but not as much so.

Conclusion? Nebrasketball is screwed.

Just now, Brass Cannon said:

Remember how Collins was going to go to Duke a few years back because he was a great coach for going to the tourney?  Pepperidge farms remembers 

I thought that Collins was gonna get it going at NW like no one else has; it sure doesn't seem that way, and Pardon and Law are seniors. 

Anyone speculating that Collins seat could get warm?

33 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I am still trying to figure out why Collins is still at NW.  He has to have had offers or contacts from other schools?  Or maybe he is like Fitzgerald?

10 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I thought that Collins was gonna get it going at NW like no one else has; it sure doesn't seem that way, and Pardon and Law are seniors. 

I doubt his seats warm. Maybe another 2 years. Could see him getting out on his own

8 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

My apologies, I didn't see you had started a new thread.

Collins is an interesting one for sure.  He has the genes and the pedigree.  I don't know about his seat getting warm.  But I can see him leaving at the end of the season.

59 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I guess it's possible that Miles gets dumped, but Nebraska fan interest and attendance has been at an all-time high under Miles, and with Palmer, Watson , Copeland, and Bourchard gone after this year, if they start over that program is gonna take on a major rebuilding aura that it will have trouble digging out of. Although, I guess with those players gone they'll be in rebuild mode with Miles too, but not as much so.

Conclusion? Nebrasketball is screwed.

Part of me thinks: Miles has been good for Nebraska basketball. As you said, fan interest/attendance is at an all time high. Did he have a hand in getting the new facilities there? If so, even better as I know their facilities are impressive.

The other part of me thinks: They have Big Ten money and can certainly afford to lure a better coach if one is willing to come. The prospect of starting over may be attractive to some coaches with a built in grace period to put their system in place.

9 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Part of me thinks: Miles has been good for Nebraska basketball. As you said, fan interest/attendance is at an all time high. Did he have a hand in getting the new facilities there? If so, even better as I know their facilities are impressive.

The other part of me thinks: They have Big Ten money and can certainly afford to lure a better coach if one is willing to come. The prospect of starting over may be attractive to some coaches with a built in grace period to put their system in place.

I think Miles is a good fit. He seems really well liked there but at some point you have to ask yourself how much longer can we keep a guy that can't get to the tourney? He is in his 7th year and its looking highly unlikely it happens in 2019 meaning he will have had 1 tourney team throughout his tenure that lost in the 1st round. He's had some bad luck on the injury front losing Copeland this year but 7 years is plenty of time to build a program and it's his/AD's  fault they didn't make the tourney last year with their absolutely horrible non-con scheduling. They graduate a lot of their big time guys so if you are going to make a change I think you make it and hope for a fresh restart. Miles is a good coach and somebody will swoop him up and maybe he has better success there. 

1 hour ago, Rico said:

My apologies, I didn't see you had started a new thread.

Collins is an interesting one for sure.  He has the genes and the pedigree.  I don't know about his seat getting warm.  But I can see him leaving at the end of the season.

Collins would have been smart to move a year or even two ago. I don't think he's viewed as highly as a hot commodity anymore and any talk of him succeeding K at Duke has been put to bed. In other words, Its hard to gauge who would have interest in him. I also don't see his seat warm yet. Chambers is a goner for sure. 

20 minutes ago, TXHoosierDaddy said:

Collins would have been smart to move a year or even two ago. I don't think he's viewed as highly as a hot commodity anymore and any talk of him succeeding K at Duke has been put to bed. In other words, Its hard to gauge who would have interest in him. I also don't see his seat warm yet. Chambers is a goner for sure. 

Agree...Collins should have left when his star was shining.

Now Chambers, I don't know what Penn St. wants/expects from their basketball program.

Now Miles, that is the one.  Nebraska put a lot of money into their basketball facilities.  That tells me they want to compete at a national level.

Pat Chambers Career at Penn State:

• 38-97 Big Ten Record
• 54 single digit losses
• 0-9 in conference this season
• Losses to George Mason, Albany, Rider and Bradley within the last 3 seasons
This was a tweet I saw a week ago

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Checked in with my son that works in Illinois to see how his co-workers were feeling this morning. His text was, "They have drank the orange koolaide."
Ain't that the truth. My FB newsfeed is full of Illinois fans talking lots of smack.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

He does. I kinda like the Giorgi kid. I know some of us poked fun at his ranking coming in but he isn't that bad. Looks like he's turning into a "solid" player. You can tell that kid plays with confidence

Collins is doing just fine at NW. already has taken them farther than any coach in their history. They also dismissed who was supposed to be their starting PG before the season. If you don’t have a PG in this league, then you are in trouble. He will have plenty of leash to fix the roster and he is recruiting well for NW standards.