Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2019) C Tre Mitchell to UMass

2 hours ago, schoosier said:

I was joking and read it somewhere here. I believe the rumor has been backed up based on Jakes dad tweeting. So this may not be made up conjecture although most rumors would probably fall into this.

Jake's dad has never tweeted anything about transfering. Just that he thought Smith's play has been bad and he felt like Jake or Race or Clifton should get more opportunities. "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is lunacy" is the worst thing he has tweeted. 

14 hours ago, ViaSwiss said:

Jake's dad has never tweeted anything about transfering. Just that he thought Smith's play has been bad and he felt like Jake or Race or Clifton should get more opportunities. "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is lunacy" is the worst thing he has tweeted. 

Thanks for the update and I don’t recall stating his dad tweeting he was transferring. Keep me posted though.

Is Tre a guy that isn’t expected to play much early like Moore and Forrester or could he see much action next year

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Well he’s a top 100 kid. Jake and Moore weren’t although I think Moore was close late because the tankers fell in love with his upside. So yeah I think he would see some time fairly early on.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Well he’s a top 100 kid. Jake and Moore weren’t although I think Moore was close late because the tankers fell in love with his upside. So yeah I think he would see some time fairly early on.

Cool thanks. Don’t know much about him. Scrolled back a few pages to read up and thought I saw that one site had him as a 3*. Hopefully he can be ready to play if he were to come.

Cool thanks. Don’t know much about him. Scrolled back a few pages to read up and thought I saw that one site had him as a 3*. Hopefully he can be ready to play if he were to come.

Rivals: 4* #72
247: 4* #105
ESPN: 4* #73
This what he is ranked by these three sites. He is also staying in the 2019 instead of moving to 2020 like he had the option of doing.

Why would we need him to play. 
We got Race, Davis and TJD for a front court with hopefully Jake being ready

We may not need him but with the injuries we had this year we may. I was more curious if he was more likely to be a guy who helps us more in 2-3 years than next year. I would like to see a guy come in a little more prepared to play if I had my choice.

Let's say we get Keion and have room for one more. I'd have a hard time between this guy and Harlond Beverly. We need 2 healthy legitimate 5s on the roster. Clifton and Jake are not that. We played Juwan out of position almost all year, and had to deal with one of our best players on the bench with foul trouble. Positionless basketball sounds awesome until you need someone to guard the 5. I think we have enough 3-4 depth. I'd take Mitchell just for roster construction.

7 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

We may not need him but with the injuries we had this year we may. I was more curious if he was more likely to be a guy who helps us more in 2-3 years than next year. I would like to see a guy come in a little more prepared to play if I had my choice.

Not going to get many of those to come be 3rd string unless somebody gets hurt. Solid guys who contribute years 2-4 are key to building a program. 

He is a kid that is just starting to realize his athletic potential.

Reminds me of Meeks from UNC.

That having been said, seems much more likely that he’ll be staying out east for college. 

He is a kid that is just starting to realize his athletic potential.

Reminds me of Meeks from UNC.

That having been said, seems much more likely that he’ll be staying out east for college. 

Surprisingly IU is the third closest school to Pittsburgh, where he is from. Syracuse was the closest then VT

I really like this guy. I really hope we somehow can get him. He’s the kind of guy we need to build this program- late bloomer, somewhat under the radar, smart, physically strong, only gonna get better and play somewhere for 3-4 years.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners