Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

RaceToTheTop

Dan Dakich during Flor/Kent game

Don't know if this has been posted already...

For anybody that still thinks Dakich 'is just saying the truth'.....here is a tweet of thirteens seconds of him 'announcing' during the Kentucky/Tennessee game today.

https://twitter.com/marcum89/status/1091862164367966209

So dead in the middle of an SEC game he randomly attacks Indiana basketball once again.  This isn't about him 'telling the truth'.  This is about him griding an axe.  Personally, I'm sick of it and I can't understand why ESPN puts up with his egotistical @$$.

2 minutes ago, southsidehoosier said:

Did he say bad ‘approach’ or ‘coach’

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I can't tell.....it didn't sound like 'coach', maybe 'approach' but wouldn't swear by it.  But what in the hell did his comment have to do with anything with the Florida/Kentucky game?  Completely out of left field, unprompted, and just meant to shake trees.

His radio show was rated the #1 local sports talk show in the country.   What is your particular problem with him?  

I listen frequently.  He's an entertainer.  Paid to do just that.  He's not paid to be boring and put on an act.  He's not paid to tell listeners what they want to hear or sugar coat.  That'd be just like everyone else.  Like Mike Greenberg.   No thank you.

Guy's being himself and personally?  I hear a hell of a lot more truth than I do "insufferability."  He's spot on as it relates to the BOT and Fred Glass's bull crap and he's spot on about lots of things.  

People may hate him, but they listen.  Same as they listen to Rush Limbaugh.   Sometimes, raw and unpopular truths don't sit well.  Think of his rating for a minute.  In Indianapolis, IN....The #1 local sports talk show in the country.   He's doing a whole lot very, very right.

4 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Is it cool if we have an opinion or nah? I couldn’t give less of a **** what his radio show was rated. 

Guess only YOUR opinion is okay?   Just making sure you (collective) sorta' get that it may be a "you" problem.

10 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

Guess only YOUR opinion is okay?   Just making sure you (collective) sorta' get that it may be a "you" problem.

USPS said it better than I planned on doing, but I’ll sum my point up with I personally don’t enjoy listening to (or reading) the guy that thinks he’s the smartest person in the room. For me (again personally) he is an insufferable listen. 

Not sure where you got me saying only my opinion is okay. 

20 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

His radio show was rated the #1 local sports talk show in the country.   What is your particular problem with him?  

I listen frequently.  He's an entertainer.  Paid to do just that.  He's not paid to be boring and put on an act.  He's not paid to tell listeners what they want to hear or sugar coat.  That'd be just like everyone else.  Like Mike Greenberg.   No thank you.

Guy's being himself and personally?  I hear a hell of a lot more truth than I do "insufferability."  He's spot on as it relates to the BOT and Fred Glass's bull crap and he's spot on about lots of things.  

People may hate him, but they listen.  Same as they listen to Rush Limbaugh.   Sometimes, raw and unpopular truths don't sit well.  Think of his rating for a minute.  In Indianapolis, IN....The #1 local sports talk show in the country.   He's doing a whole lot very, very right.

I guess the same way that I hate a large percentage of these posts but still read and respond lol!

I live out of state these days. I listen to him at times on iheart. Not necessarily because I want to hear him but many times more because I want to hear his guest talk about IU or the Pacers. At times it seems that if he's not careful he's going to end up like his college coach... cranky,  just because he can be and kinda full of himself. 

1 minute ago, southsidehoosier said:

IMG_2761.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I simply don't get it.  There are people in the world who just want to argue and find the worst in everything and everybody.  Whoever TheHoosierFanatic is has 45 followers and 228 tweets.   Sorta' insignificant in the scheme of things.  Just another guy with a keyboard and a problem.   Dakich is a talk show host who has a show as successful as a local talk show can be.  Pays a compliment to a team he's been hard on and this is the response.   Every announcer I know of loves doing games with him.  He's got 155,000 Twitter followers....for a reason.  Just shaking my head.   Some don't like his style, and I get that, but he ain't wrong!

My opinion? People make too big a deal out of him. Period. There's a hundred others like him. They just aren't former players with their own radio shows. I listen to him sometimes. Some days I agree with him, some days I don't. Either way I don't really care.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I simply don't get it.  There are people in the world who just want to argue and find the worst in everything and everybody.  Whoever TheHoosierFanatic is has 45 followers and 228 tweets.   Sorta' insignificant in the scheme of things.  Just another guy with a keyboard and a problem.   Dakich is a talk show host who has a show as successful as a local talk show can be.  Pays a compliment to a team he's been hard on and this is the response.   Every announcer I know of loves doing games with him.  He's got 155,000 Twitter followers....for a reason.  Just shaking my head.   Some don't like his style, and I get that, but he ain't wrong!

Before the season Dakich tweeted out IU’s schedule with wins and losses on it on how he thought the Hoosiers would do. He spelled IU $U on it. It was an unnecessary shot at IU and baiting IU fans to respond.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

51 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

I can't tell.....it didn't sound like 'coach', maybe 'approach' but wouldn't swear by it.  But what in the hell did his comment have to do with anything with the Florida/Kentucky game?  Completely out of left field, unprompted, and just meant to shake trees.

I was watching when he said it.  It was prompted by a promo for the IU/MSU right before.  If I remember right, Schulman made a comment about MSU, and then a comment about IU losing seven straight.  Then came Dakich’s comment.