Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

RaceToTheTop

Dan Dakich during Flor/Kent game

1 hour ago, Old Friend said:

Or maybe you and those who gave you trophies need thicker skin?  Maybe.   I don't think about the way I post.  That's for you.  I don't care one bit what you think about it.  Not some. 

There are...10-12 guys maybe who seem to take issue with what I say, and it's as predictable as the sunrise.  Yet they generally reply.  They generally snark right back (see your post above).  And they generally exaggerate (see your post above).   In this case, I'm Dakich, you're the listener who can't turn the show off.  I'm not profane and only personal when I give it back.   So what's your real problem?  And yeah..YOUR problem, since we're YELLING at each other.

So okay..."LITERALLY" every post.  You know what "literally" means, so..find me the snark in these (just from yesterday).  I'll hang up and listen   :

FWIW, he got off the bus, lifted his bag with his left arm and said "it's all good" when someone asked him.   I, Tim Garl, was behind him and had been treating him the entire flight home.

* Team win.  Complete team win.  For every negative there was at least one positive and we out rebounded MSU by 8 in their building.   Lots to work on and much to improve; but there's no reason to go negative tonight.  Great and much needed win even with lots left to improve and correct.  Props to Smith and Davis for their performance on the boards.  That was key.  Smith 13 points, 10 boards, 3 blocks.  'Atta' boy.

I'd like to see that. And heck yes he baits people to respond. That's what he's paid to do. That helps numbers....and it's my point. I doubt he really buys into a lot of the things he says that are ridiculous.

Not sure if it was a separation or a dislocation, but he couldn't raise his arm. That he was in uniform and part of the post game scrum is a positive sign

Yeah, I hope not. There are better braces now.

* Laughing. I saw it. And yep. I just shook my head again. Yeah..MSU was down too many bodies. Indiana would know nothing of that, would they?? =)

* He's incorrect with some of his predictions....everyone is. But as it relates to where things are relative to Indiana University and the department of athletics....which is what I was referring to? He ain't wrong.

*  Ever read "Getting Open." by Rachel and Tom Graham?    Highly recommended if you haven't.  Tells the whole story and how involved Herman B. Wells was.

Edit :  Here's the Amazon link.  Seriously worth the read and the $12 bucks if you buy it used.

https://www.amazon.com/Getting-Open-Story-Garrett-Integrat/dp/1451643179

EVERY POST, I tell you.  LITERALLY!!!

Grow up.

A all of words for someone that does not care about what people say about him.  Oy vey.

1 minute ago, Old Friend said:

=)   You started it

Actually I am lmao.  I was "accused" of being Dakich on another site.  I had the mods change my avvy to Dan.  I don't listen to Dan much anymore unless I am bored and stream it.  The guy doesn't bother me one bit.  

1 minute ago, mookied39 said:

Last night an unranked IU team beat a top 10 team on the road for the first time since 82.  And then there is this thread.  

GO HOOSIERS!!!

As I said on another site, if they would have had a Top 25 in '82 we would have been ranked.

IMG_0211.thumb.jpg.b038a468d939594350d1f8768187b755.jpg
Here was his list of predictions for IU wins and losses. I don’t see the $U that was talked about.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

These were from Nov 1 he did 3 of them. One for Butler, IU and Purdue. The butler sheet is gone from Twitter now but if you look at Purdue’s check the right side of the sheet
https://mobile.twitter.com/dandakich/status/1058040273140355074/photo/1

1 minute ago, Rico said:

Actually I am lmao.  I was "accused" of being Dakich on another site.  I had the mods change my avvy to Dan.  I don't listen to Dan much anymore unless I am bored and stream it.  The guy doesn't bother me one bit.  

=)  I've been accused of far worse.  Lord knows what avvy's have been applied to me over time.  I happen to see the state of IU exactly as he does and for the same reasons.  I know why Sampson was hired.  I know we passed on Urban Meyer in favor of Gerry DiNardo.  It was idiotic.  He has said it was idiotic.  Same with hiring Mike Davis without doing a search.   Same with avoiding IU guys altogether.  Same with the "kumbaya" state of things and the complete indifference of Michael McRobbie and his band of yes men.  All of that stuff, as far as I know is absolutely accurate and I hate it as much as he does. 

Wow, all this because someone heard "coach" instead of "approach."

And they thought it was random even though it was not random at all.

I got tired of Dakich and don’t follow him or listen to his show anymore but some folks just jump past the facts to feed their narrative about him being an IU hater.

I started the thread and haven't posted in it for awhile.  The last thing I will say is that while talking about IU during an SEC game might not gave been random if it was proceeded by a promo, putting one of the two teams down is both random and unnecessary.  As a television announcer, part of his job is to get people interested in watching the network.  You don't do that with the implication that one of the teams in an upcoming game has a 'bad approach'.  Click baiting for your own radio show isn't a good reason to imply to viewers that an upcoming game on the TV network you are on isn't going to be worth watching.  He simply doesn't do a credible job of separating his jobs.

These were from Nov 1 he did 3 of them. One for Butler, IU and Purdue. The butler sheet is gone from Twitter now but if you look at Purdue’s check the right side of the sheet
https://mobile.twitter.com/dandakich/status/1058040273140355074/photo/1

I see the IU on the right side of the sheet where his Butler predictions are written down. It doesn’t look like he intentionally wrote “$U”. It looks like he hurriedly wrote IU and let his pen get lazy.

I see the IU on the right side of the sheet where his Butler predictions are written down. It doesn’t look like he intentionally wrote “$U”. It looks like he hurriedly wrote IU and let his pen get lazy.

How dare you try and use logic. That’s just not the way thing work when it comes to how people view DD.

You can decipher intent in someone else’s money signs? Damn

You can decipher intent in someone else’s money signs? Damn

No, I’m saying that others may be reading intent into sloppy handwriting when maybe it’s just that, sloppy handwriting. If you look at the sheets, he definitely doesn’t set himself up as the Paragon of Penmanship. I’m trying to view the matter objectively, being neither a defender, opponent, nor listener of his. I actually don’t pay him any mind at all.