Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

RaceToTheTop

Dan Dakich during Flor/Kent game

1 minute ago, mdn82 said:

He has said it since Archie was hired. It’s not like a one off thing.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

So what?  Same reference.  (And for what it's worth, I listen at least 3x/week and I've never heard it.  Not once.  Truth.  So it's not as if it's an all the time thing.  I'm interested why that's such an issue?)

So what?  Same reference.  (And for what it's worth, I listen at least 3x/week and I've never heard it.  Not once.  Truth.  So it's not as if it's an all the time thing.  I'm interested why that's such an issue?)

Then you aren’t listening much like when people respond to you on here. You hear what you want. You are better than that lol.

Just now, Uspshoosier said:

“Why does the IU fan base give Archie a pass? Why is he your guy IU fans? What the heck as Little Archie done to deserve this? Don’t @ me with your stupidity today IU fans.” That’s from one of the last shows I listened to

Okay.  And?   Why DOES Archie get a free pass?  Like I have said several times....his style's not for everyone.  I get that.  I just pointed out that the guy has a pretty damned successful show; he's wildly popular with IU fans, and his ratings are growing.  There's a reason.

3 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Then you aren’t listening much like when people respond to you on here. You hear what you want.

There are a lot of people who tell me things like they're facts.  If I cared, I wouldn't be here.   Did I go on a profane tirade the other night?  Oh wait....that was you.   Hearing what I want to hear and not giving a damn are different things.

Edit :  And much like Dakich's show...people keep reading and responding.  It's actually kinda' fun.   Lots of guys get all worked up - same as they do about Dakich,  and the replies just keep on comin'.   Especially from the same guys.  It's a neat experiment.

Okay.  And?   Why DOES Archie get a free pass?  Like I have said several times....his style's not for everyone.  I get that.  I just pointed out that the guy has a pretty damned successful show; he's wildly popular with IU fans, and his ratings are growing.  There's a reason.

If it’s not a shot at Archie why use little? Couldn’t he have just said what has Archie done to get a pass? You don’t think using little Archie in that way is a shot at Archie? Not disagreeing with you that he has an extremely successful show because I agree with you he does. But to say he doesn’t take shots at Archie and IU would be wrong. It’s what he does

There are a lot of people who tell me things like they're facts.  If I cared, I wouldn't be here.   Did I go on a profane tirade the other night?  Oh wait....that was you.   Hearing what I want to hear and not giving a damn are different things.

Lmao I know it hurt your feelings. My “profane” tirade was edited. It’s not my fault words hurt you. Never once was any of that at you. It was to Josh your number 1 stalker am I right? It’s funny of all people you snitched on me trying to get me in trouble. Mr. Words don’t matter. You are better than that lmfao. Weak. You aren’t as important as you think you are. Still here and kicking old man.

If it’s not a shot at Archie why use little? Couldn’t he have just said what has Archie done to get a pass? You don’t think using little Archie in that way is a shot at Archie? Not disagreeing with you he has an extremely successful show. But to say he doesn’t take shots at Archie and IU would be wrong. It’s what he does

That’s what I am saying. He would have never said that to Cal, Izzo, Beilein, Painter, etc. You can’t tell me he is not trolling Archie. It’s also not a one off thing. It’s a respect thing and he has none for Archie since he is not Alford.

8 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Lmao I know it hurt your feelings. My “profane” tirade was edited. It’s not my fault words hurt you. Never once was any of that at you. It was to Josh your number 1 stalker am I right? It’s funny of all people you snitched on me trying to get me in trouble. Mr. Words don’t matter. You are better than that lmfao. Weak. You aren’t as important as you think you are. Still here and kicking old man.

Laughing.  Get over yourself.  Seriously.  Your profane tirade wasn't even aimed at me.  

And now we turn to insults?  Speaking of "weak."   That would be an attempt to make words hurt, right?   You've been around way too long to have posted the way you did the other night which is why I said you should back away for a while.  You elected not to.... Do I think I'm "important?"  I'm not the one who constantly makes things about me.   Think about that for a second.   And you've posted here over 12,000 times...  Who's the one worried about "important?"

It wasn't "definitely."  See edit above.  It was a reference to something else.  Overdone, maybe.  But not at all a definite shot. In your perspective?  Perhaps.  Not necessarily "definite" though.

Blind ignorance. Come on man...

Laughing.  Get over yourself.  Seriously.  Your profane tirade wasn't even aimed at me.  
And now we turn to insults?  Speaking of "weak."   That would be an attempt to make words hurt, right?   You've been around way too long to have posted the way you did the other night which is why I said you should back away for a while.  You elected not to.... Do I think I'm "important?"  I'm not the one who constantly makes things about me.   Think about that for a second.  

Actually you do think everything is about you. You continuously make outrageous claims and then when people respond to your outrageous claims on a message board no less, they are a stalker. Hell you did it in this thread to a random person. You are the most self absorbed person on this message board. It’s funny because you have followed everyone to three different boards beyond Scout BECAUSE OF YOU.

Just now, mdn82 said:

Actually you do think everything is about you. You continuously make outrageous claims and then when people respond to your outrageous claims on a message board no less, they are a stalker. Hell you did it in this thread to a random person. You are the most self absorbed person on this message board. It’s funny because you have followed everyone to three different boards beyond Scout BECAUSE OF YOU.

And yet..you keep responding.  Why do you suppose that is?  Keep pointing fingers....

I have followed no one.  No one worth following.  (I think you're claiming other boards have closed because of me, which is false....completely false.  One went down in part because a guy gave out my personal information, which is against the law; but I digress.  That's a long story that ironically involves someone who actually went on a radio show and claimed how important HE was.)  

For the most part, I just talk IU sports, same as you.  I see things differently than you do and it's not always popular.  So what?   The "stalkers" are the ones who make it about me rather than just talking about the games, the team, the situation, whatever.  My perspective on those things is sometimes very different than the mainstream, and it's THEN things get personal.  Like now.   It's THEN that other people make it about me. At that point, they're stalkers.  I love disagreement.  Debate. When it's done civilly, it's a terrific exercise.  But when things are said which are erroneous and nothing but personal, things change.

For example, what outrageous claim have I made?  Give me one example.  A single "outrageous" claim.  (If I continuously do it, this should be easy)  You're now making claims about me.  YOU are making it about me.  All I'm doing is giving a different perspective about a radio personality who happens to be an IU alum.  It's not a popular position.  It's not what many people think or are willing to say.  

At the end of the day, I'm not someone to get in line and agree with things I either know to be untrue or incomplete.  That style rubs some the wrong way.  Obviously you.  And I'm fine with that.  

13 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Nah. It’s just blind. You go through so much effort to defend Dakich. You claim to have common sense and speak the truth, but you can’t see this? Come on.

I agreed it was perhaps overdone.  I just don't think the initial "little Archie" was made with malice.  I think it was in response to something else.  My real point is his style is with intent and the intent works.    I also think he's exactly right as it relates to the state of Indiana University and it's board of trustees.  That's truly all I'm trying to say here.  The explosion has been interesting.  As have the claims.  Amazing what riles people up.

And yet..you keep responding.  Why do you suppose that is?  Keep pointing fingers....
I have followed no one.  No one worth following.  (I think you're claiming other boards have closed because of me, which is false....completely false.  One went down in part because a guy gave out my personal information, which is against the law; but I digress.  That's a long story that ironically involves someone who actually went on a radio show and claimed how important HE was.)  
 For the most part, I just talk IU sports, same as you.  I see things differently than you do and it's not always popular.  So what?   The "stalkers" are the ones who make it about me rather than just talking about the games, the team, the situation, whatever.  My perspective on those things is sometimes very different than the mainstream, and it's THEN things get personal.  Like now.   It's THEN that other people make it about me. At that point, they're stalkers.  I love disagreement.  Debate. When it's done civilly, it's a terrific exercise.  But when things are said which are erroneous and nothing but personal, things change.
For example, what outrageous claim have I made?  Give me one example.  A single "outrageous" claim.  (If I continuously do it, this should be easy)  You're now making claims about me.  YOU are making it about me.  All I'm doing is giving a different perspective about a radio personality who happens to be an IU alum.  It's not a popular position.  It's not what many people think or are willing to say.  
At the end of the day, I'm not someone to get in line and agree with things I either know to be untrue or incomplete.  That style rubs some the wrong way.  Obviously you.  And I'm fine with that.  

Well I keep responding because you are on a damned message board and if I disagree with you I am going to respond. Kind of the purpose of this place. As for one ridiculous claim I would go with your recruiting stance. Then you take offense when others including myself or Josh disagree. Then he became a stalker. See the difference between you and I don’t ball one opinion up into every opinion or mean that person is a stalker when they respond. If you quit calling people stalkers for responding to you on a message board I will gladly leave you be and only respond to posts I agree with or disagree with. Deal?

I'd like to see that.   And heck yes he baits people to respond.  That's what he's paid to do.  That helps numbers....and it's my point.   I doubt he really buys into a lot of the things he says that are  ridiculous.

IMG_0211.jpg
Here was his list of predictions for IU wins and losses. I don’t see the $U that was talked about.

IMG_0211.thumb.jpg.b038a468d939594350d1f8768187b755.jpg

Here was his list of predictions for IU wins and losses. I don’t see the $U that was talked about.

Can you find his butler prediction sheet as well. It should be around the same time. It was on there at one point because people on Twitter went nuts

30 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Well I keep responding because you are on a damned message board and if I disagree with you I am going to respond. Kind of the purpose of this place. As for one ridiculous claim I would go with your recruiting stance. Then you take offense when others including myself or Josh disagree. Then he became a stalker. See the difference between you and I don’t ball one opinion up into every opinion or mean that person is a stalker when they respond. If you quit calling people stalkers for responding to you on a message board I will gladly leave you be and only respond to posts I agree with or disagree with. Deal?

Curious as to my "recruiting stance."   What about "I think - because I also think there's a reason Indiana is a targeted state around the country due to youth basketball, how the game is taught, and the passion we have for it here - Indiana should recruit from the inside out" is outrageous?   Serious question.  (Or are you referring to something different?)    That is absolutely my stance; and I don't think it's outrageous at all.  I believe in it strongly and I'll continue to do so.   But outrageous?   I would disagree.

Yes.  This is a damned message board, which in itself is very unimportant; so I would disagree that I think I'm important (at least here.  Nobody is).   The stalker label comes when guys make things about me.   Started on the football board when one guy posted something like 12 straight posts in response to mine over a 3-4 day window.  All of them strongly disagreeing and several personal.  Like he was following me around just to attack me when I posted. Just a moniker.  No big deal.  There may be two Josh's.  One guy for years followed me around and slammed me every chance he got. If the current Josh is a different "Josh" - possible, and I have acknowledged and apologized, then mea culpa. 

I'll extend an olive branch to you as well.  You acknowledge all I'm here to do is talk IU and I'm going to do so with positions that aren't always popular or mainstream - that is intentional because I don't see things the way others do; and I'll leave you be just the same.   Worry about how treat you.  Not everyone else.  You do you.  And we'll get along just fine.  You've been around here way too long.

And....we all, including Dakich want the same thing.