Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

RaceToTheTop

Dan Dakich during Flor/Kent game

Won 53% of his games as a coach. Not sure that gives him much credibility to criticize our current coach the way he does. "Little" Archie is a completely immature and belittling thing to call another man. Among coaching circles,  Archie is well respected. Dan was an average player and below average coach. Let's not make him out to be anything other than a bitter alumni with a microphone.

We just love to eat our own... or is that stating facts? The lines are so blurry and perspective is everything. I’m glad he’s doing well for himself but he’s definitely not my cup of tea.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

9 minutes ago, southsidehoosier said:

He’s calling Thursday’s game

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Well, something to look forward to. He will talk incessantly about the Hoosier fans going after him. And even if they do, let it die. Don't keep poking the bear.

3 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

We just love to eat our own... or is that stating facts? The lines are so blurry and perspective is everything. I’m glad he’s doing well for himself but he’s definitely not my cup of tea.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

DD is usually the first one in the buffet line when it comes to eating.

Bingo...we have a winner.   I'm reading some of the posts on here and it sounds like a few 7 year old kids wondering how so many people can be so STUPID to LIKE something so STUPID!    Just comical. 
Dakich is what he is.  Like him or not.   His show just won "best mid day show" for 2018, and we have people nitpicking the language of that and others comparing it to winning some YMCA basketball award.  Jealous much? Dakich is as loyal to Indiana University as anyone anywhere...which does NOT mean he has to keep his mouth shut if he has a critique.  And he also says nobody eats their own like IU.  Look at some of the posts here.  He ain't wrong.

He is right about Indiana eating their own and he is Joey Chestnut

Yeah!   (That made me smile....thanks)  Did you stomp your foot, too?
I may have another stalker.  Sweet.
There's a saying - "if everywhere you go smells like ****, maybe it's time to check your shoes"

You ever think you post in such a way that it really rubs people the wrong way? There's 0 reason to be so snarky and a know it all in LITERALLY every post.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

3.6/2.0/1.6

Its entirely possible to have a popular radio show without being a complete dbag. Calling Archie "little Archie" isn't "just telling it how it is". The guy's a jerk. Putting him in the Skip Bayless and Stephen A. Smith category is disrespectful to those two guys. They say wild and outrageous things to get attention, but they're always respectful to their guests. 

Unless "little Archie" was a reference to someone else's Twitter posting (AJ Guyton, I think) who said "Big Glass better get this one right."    It was something other than a shot...

9 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

Unless "little Archie" was a reference to someone else's Twitter posting (AJ Guyton, I think) who said "Big Glass better get this one right."    It was something other than a shot...

Little Archie is very obviously a shot at his height. Did he ever call Crean "little Crean"?

1 hour ago, Andrew_114 said:

There's a saying - "if everywhere you go smells like ****, maybe it's time to check your shoes"

You ever think you post in such a way that it really rubs people the wrong way? There's 0 reason to be so snarky and a know it all in LITERALLY every post.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Or maybe you and those who gave you trophies need thicker skin?  Maybe.   I don't think about the way I post.  That's for you.  I don't care one bit what you think about it.  Not some. 

There are...10-12 guys maybe who seem to take issue with what I say, and it's as predictable as the sunrise.  Yet they generally reply.  They generally snark right back (see your post above).  And they generally exaggerate (see your post above).   In this case, I'm Dakich, you're the listener who can't turn the show off.  I'm not profane and only personal when I give it back.   So what's your real problem?  And yeah..YOUR problem, since we're YELLING at each other.

So okay..."LITERALLY" every post.  You know what "literally" means, so..find me the snark in these (just from yesterday).  I'll hang up and listen   :

FWIW, he got off the bus, lifted his bag with his left arm and said "it's all good" when someone asked him.   I, Tim Garl, was behind him and had been treating him the entire flight home.

* Team win.  Complete team win.  For every negative there was at least one positive and we out rebounded MSU by 8 in their building.   Lots to work on and much to improve; but there's no reason to go negative tonight.  Great and much needed win even with lots left to improve and correct.  Props to Smith and Davis for their performance on the boards.  That was key.  Smith 13 points, 10 boards, 3 blocks.  'Atta' boy.

I'd like to see that. And heck yes he baits people to respond. That's what he's paid to do. That helps numbers....and it's my point. I doubt he really buys into a lot of the things he says that are ridiculous.

Not sure if it was a separation or a dislocation, but he couldn't raise his arm. That he was in uniform and part of the post game scrum is a positive sign

Yeah, I hope not. There are better braces now.

* Laughing. I saw it. And yep. I just shook my head again. Yeah..MSU was down too many bodies. Indiana would know nothing of that, would they?? =)

* He's incorrect with some of his predictions....everyone is. But as it relates to where things are relative to Indiana University and the department of athletics....which is what I was referring to? He ain't wrong.

*  Ever read "Getting Open." by Rachel and Tom Graham?    Highly recommended if you haven't.  Tells the whole story and how involved Herman B. Wells was.

Edit :  Here's the Amazon link.  Seriously worth the read and the $12 bucks if you buy it used.

https://www.amazon.com/Getting-Open-Story-Garrett-Integrat/dp/1451643179

EVERY POST, I tell you.  LITERALLY!!!

Grow up.

3 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Little Archie is very obviously a shot at his height. Did he ever call Crean "little Crean"?

I took it as a relationship to his boss "Big Glass."   The "Big Glass" wasn't referenced during Crean's tenure.  To me?  Some people are looking for reasons to be critical; frequently not understanding the reasons or the whole story.  It was only "very obvious" if you didn't in this case.   If you did know, it's not quite so obvious and at the very least, open to interpretation.  There are always 2 sides to a story.

Just perspective. 

Edit :  Here's Guyton's tweet :  Well, Big Glass, you made the move. We’ll see if he can do better than 10th in the Big 10 his first time out. (Can’t do worst than Crean’s first three years at Bloomington, anyway.)

It was definitely a shot at Archie on his radio show. He said it 3 times in a week on his show back when I was listening and then went further disrespecting IU’s coach when talking about him saying his name was Sean, Bob or whatever the heck his name is. That and him putting $U out on his Twitter feed referring to I’m guessing Romeo or Ostrom was my turning point in not wanting to listen anymore.

1 minute ago, Uspshoosier said:

It was definitely a shot at Archie on his radio show. He said it 3 times in a week on his show back when I was listening and then went further disrespecting IU’s coach when talking about him saying his name was Sean, Bob or whatever the heck his name is. That and him putting $U out on his Twitter feed referring to I’m guessing Romeo or Ostrom was my turning point in not wanting to listen anymore.

It wasn't "definitely."  See edit above.  It was a reference to something else.  Overdone, maybe.  But not at all a definite shot. In your perspective?  Perhaps.  Not necessarily "definite" though.

4 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

I took it as a relationship to his boss "Big Glass."   The "Big Glass" wasn't referenced during Crean's tenure.

Just perspective. 

I don't think it's a coincidence that he referred to the short IU coach that he's shown obvious disdain toward as "little Archie". If you think he deserves the benefit of the doubt I can understand that, but given his history I'm not giving it to him. 

It wasn't "definitely."  See edit above.  It was a reference to something else.  Overdone, maybe.  But not at all a definite shot. In your perspective?  Perhaps.  Not necessarily "definite" though.

He has said it since Archie was hired. It’s not like a one off thing.

Just now, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I don't think it's a coincidence that he referred to the short IU coach that he's shown obvious disdain toward as "little Archie". If you think he deserves the benefit of the doubt I can understand that, but given his history I'm not giving it to him. 

Completely your prerogative.   I've got a different perspective.  I've heard him compliment Archie enough to believe he doesn't have some personal vendetta against him; and I know him personally (and a couple of his close friends) to know he's not close to the person he's painted as here.   I also agree with him enough that I hear what he says differently than some do.

“Why does the IU fan base give Archie a pass? Why is he your guy IU fans? What the heck as Little Archie done to deserve this? Don’t @ me with your stupidity today IU fans.” That’s from one of the last shows I listened to