Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

HOLY CRAP WE WON AT MSU! THREAD

Something I was going to mention in the game thread but how does Ward get away with a two handed shove on every screen? Not sure I’ve seen that around college basketball as much as I saw it by him today.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

I can’t say I noticed it. Was he pushing off after contact to aid in a change of direction for the roll?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I can’t say I noticed it. Was he pushing off after contact to aid in a change of direction for the roll?

Our defender on Winston would typically try to go over the screen and he’d put both hands onto their back and push as he began to roll to the basket. I noticed it on numerous occasions and was (not) shocked it wasn’t called.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Yeah i know but sports every weekend. Followed on my phone. Just happy my last minute iu prediction of a three point win was reality. Screw the izzone.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Oh wow, did you really? In the pre league? Nice call man. Ballsy.

Our defender on Winston would typically try to go over the screen and he’d put both hands onto their back and push as he began to roll to the basket. I noticed it on numerous occasions and was (not) shocked it wasn’t called.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

I’ll have to re-watch later today. Sounds like something Archie might have needed to complain about to get attention paid. Not at all surprising. I don’t think it’s a joke at all when people say that the typically “top tier” teams are officiated differently because “they just don’t foul”. I think it’s a big problem in this conference.

Oh wow, did you really? In the pre league? Nice call man. Ballsy.

Not that i really believed it but here it was.

I am changing my tune. We upset them by 3 and the season turns around. The izzone goes dead silent on national tv.

Fitzner sinks 4 threes.

I had to work tonight, but was able to watch bits and pieces of the game -- without sound. I'm going back to watch it now and just saw Romeo lose his balance and fall into the lane on an MSU free throw. So the kid got another foul shot. Bilas says that the violation affects the rebound, not the shot, so Sparty (or the team not committing the violation) should get the ball instead of another FT. Is he on crack? That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. "That's a rule in basketball that needs to change," he says. How many times does the shooting team get the rebound on an FT? I'm guessing less than 10 percent -- so how does that affect the rebound? 

I’m sure it’s been touched on but I’d love to offer my thoughts:

- this is the type of performance, effort, and coaching we IU fans expect
- I REALLY like our future. We have some great core players to build around, we just need them to buy in
- there is no better fan base than the Hoosiers. When we win, it is AWESOME

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I had to work tonight, but was able to watch bits and pieces of the game -- without sound. I'm going back to watch it now and just saw Romeo lose his balance and fall into the lane on an MSU free throw. So the kid got another foul shot. Bilas says that the violation affects the rebound, not the shot, so Sparty (or the team not committing the violation) should get the ball instead of another FT. Is he on crack? That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. "That's a rule in basketball that needs to change," he says. How many times does the shooting team get the rebound on an FT? I'm guessing less than 10 percent -- so how does that affect the rebound? 

I screamed the same thing at that. Offense wouldn’t get the board anyway! He was really starting to get under my skin. Then there was his commentary on the hook&hold later on. Not a questionable call at all.

1 hour ago, LamarCheeks said:

Yeah, he needs to put the crack pipe down.  Vitale 2.0

This is more of a broad assessment, but I believe Fans complaining about the product on the floor, lack of team effort, and coaching staff decision making was exactly what was needed. Tough love is what I call it. Indiana fans are smart and grew up with basketball as the primary sport in the state. Archie felt the pressure too and calling his team soft is exactly what they needed to hear. Last night was an awesome team effort that is Indiana basketball.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

7 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

I usually like Bilas, but he had some terrible takes last night. Seemed he completely ignored bad calls on us and was talking about missed calls against MSU. Didn’t think Romeo was hooked when it was obvious. didn’t think Ward traveled. That terrible FT comment. Those are just a few. Bad night for him