Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

HOLY CRAP WE WON AT MSU! THREAD

2 hours ago, rcs29 said:

Mr. Garl?

Sent from my Pixel XL using BtownBanners mobile app

FWIW, he got off the bus, lifted his bag with his left arm and said "it's all good" when someone asked him.   I, Tim Garl, was behind him and had been treating him the entire flight home.

1 minute ago, Bailey7878 said:

People rip on green but he can hit the threes when hot. That is needed

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I think he needs to be used more as a spot up shooter.  He's not a lights out shooter by any means but it'd reduce us having to rely on his handling and laughable decision making.

He had about a quarter of our TOs and I wanted to strangle him after that one late.

Justin Smith gets some hate but a big double double. If he could just find his groove him and Al can really help us the next couple years

I’m one that has been hating on Smith because he seems to just cruise, makes a terrible play, makes a great play, and then just sorta loses what he’s supposed to be doing. If he can make the right play, not the highlight or wtf play, more consistently it’ll change this team and season.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

I think he needs to be used more as a spot up shooter.  He's not a lights out shooter by any means but it'd reduce us having to rely on his handling and laughable decision making.
He had about a quarter of our TOs and I wanted to strangle him after that one late.

He can defend when he is focused too. He has talent but, like Smith, can be all over the place in the same game. We need consistency from those too not the peak of the roller coaster and then the bottoming out before the flips, twists, and turns.

3 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

I’m one that has been hating on Smith because he seems to just cruise, makes a terrible play, makes a great play, and then just sorta loses what he’s supposed to be doing. If he can make the right play, not the highlight or wtf play, more consistently it’ll change this team and season.

Still thinking if we can get Brooks we look stacked in 20-21 because of Smith and Al. Especially Al. Archie needs to send Crean a thank you note. 

I absolutely despise the Facebook fan pages. 1st issue is, these people have to learn that one simply cannot “loose” a basketball game. Nor can IU be accused of being on a “loosing” streak. 2nd issue is a post of this quality. No not just the quality, check out the time....coming out with this jem, 3 hours after the game just makes me boil.IMG_0483.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

18 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

He can defend when he is focused too. He has talent but, like Smith, can be all over the place in the same game. We need consistency from those too not the peak of the roller coaster and then the bottoming out before the flips, twists, and turns.

I would argue Green is a top 3 talent on our team behind Juwan and Romeo. He has everything you want in a guard. He just can’t put it fully together mentally. When he does, he’s huge. When the opposite happens, it’s just terrible. He’s had maybe 1 or 2 games in his entire career where he’s put it all together. 

Any extended highlights out yet? I missed the game at my kids soccer game.

Man that stinks. It seems you always miss out on the big wins. I remember this happening to you before.

There is definitely potential in the guys on the roster. It’s not about the potential though. It’s about leadership and competing.

We need the upperclassmen DeRon and Smith in Cook Hall with Thompson, Moore, Forrester, and Jackson-Davis. They need to be showing them the defense; rotations, tendencies of bigs in the Big Ten, where guards need help, boxing out, free throw competitions, etc.

They need to compete everyday.

Green, Al, and Phin need to be doing the same with the guards and wings.

We need a hierarchy of leadership. We need competitors that will do what it takes to build a winning culture. I think we’ll slowly get there but having Smith step help would help a lot. I’m not sure his personally is that of a leader though.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Sorry if it's already been mentioned, but funny how much better this team looked without McRoberts spending 20+ minutes being a black hole.

Not sure anyone really said anything. Surprising really. I admit, for my part, I was certainly thinking that thought when trying to pinpoint what was different about this game. Rarely found the team playing 4 on 5 on offense tonight. Has to be said. I do like Zach, and believe he still has valuable minutes to offer. But, not in a game like this. My opinion.

3 minutes ago, cappymo14 said:

Not sure anyone really said anything. Surprising really. I admit, for my part, I was certainly thinking that thought when trying to pinpoint what was different about this game. Rarely found the team playing 4 on 5 on offense tonight. Has to be said. I do like Zach, and believe he still has valuable minutes to offer. But, not in a game like this. My opinion.

What was also different, and was different last game, is that we did not spend the first 20 seconds of each possession doing the #&#$ weave. 

Man that stinks. It seems you always miss out on the big wins. I remember this happening to you before.

Yeah i know but sports every weekend. Followed on my phone. Just happy my last minute iu prediction of a three point win was reality. Screw the izzone.

Tired. Didn't see this thread but felt it should be seen since I'm not sure who'll still go to the game thread.

Again, watched most of the game while making dough bartending (over 300 in tips on an 1100 dollar bar....) Deliberately scrolled back to quote this. Saw in the horrid Facebook page the same thing. Not saying anything against you jbell, but the hate shown towards Morgan on that page was insane. Just plain stupid. Morgan goes the whole game? It's over in regulation. On the page they're suggesting HE'S the problem in the locker room. Sorry. Not buying it. Had a good crowd at the Shrine bar for the end with several rounds of shots bought after!

Sent from my SM-G965U using BtownBanners mobile app

Sent from my SM-G965U using BtownBanners mobile app