Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

OliviaPope40

IUBB @ MSU- Game Thread

I just finished watching that play. I saw nothing inherently dirty about it. All the players Including Smith and Morgan were going after the ball. I don't think people on here, would call it a dirty play if it was an IU player landing on an MSU player. I took a video of it, but I can't upload it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I wasn’t really trying to imply the kid tried to hurt Juwan but he dove and his dive to the ground landed directly on juwan’s back and shoulder. It was a foul vs a jump ball but it wasn’t called

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I wasn’t really trying to imply the kid tried to hurt Juwan but he dove and his dive to the ground landed directly on juwan’s back and shoulder. It was a foul vs a jump ball but it wasn’t called

I agree it was a foul. I get hustling and all that and love diving on the floor. What I took issue with was the part after the whistle that goes unnoticed. The unnecessary rip out was what hurt Juwan’s shoulder. If I had been Justin Smith, I would have at least pushed the guy to the floor.

That’s the image the Big Ten has been running with for awhile now; tough and physical. I’ve read articles explaining that the Big Ten isn’t winning any basketball nattys because the population is moving away from the Midwest and the Big Ten can’t land the elite talent. I think the Big Ten can land elite talent but they 1) aren’t as dirty recruiting talent but 2) allow for a dirtier form of basketball. Just my .02 cents.

I’m glad Smith didn’t push him. It might have cost us the game and Smith some time.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Edit: in hindsight I’m glad he didn’t. In the moment, I probably would have been stoked to see some emotion and togetherness from Smith taking up for JMo.

Gotcha! I must have read it wrong. Thanks for the clarification.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I still like watching games like that though. The “let em play” games. Love uncalled contact if it’s both ways. I do agree with calling a foul in the Morgan situation. That loose ball situation needs adjustment for sure. It’s not a fumble, and nobody is wearing pads and a helmet. I don’t want to go back to the days when every loose ball would end up in a traveling call but, a bit of regulation might prevent injury there.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

2 Things.

1. It was amazing that we ended up winning this game. CRUCIAL errors at CRUCIAL times. MSU thankfully had some of their own.

2. It was GREAT to see Juwan back on the bench after that terrible looking shoulder injury. But, I wonder why he never got back in the game.... he was applauding and resting his elbows and forearms on his knees. Seems like both of those activities would hurt his shoulder.... no?

Thanks for posting this replay link.

GO HOOSIERS!!

2 Things.

1. It was amazing that we ended up winning this game. CRUCIAL errors at CRUCIAL times. MSU thankfully had some of their own.

2. It was GREAT to see Juwan back on the bench after that terrible looking shoulder injury. But, I wonder why he never got back in the game.... he was applauding and resting his elbows and forearms on his knees. Seems like both of those activities would hurt his shoulder.... no?

GO HOOSIERS!!

Maybe only reason he didnt get back in was they want to be cautious and couldn't do a test to look at it at the game? Just a guess but i am hoping

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

Maybe only reason he didnt get back in was they want to be cautious and couldn't do a test to look at it at the game? Just a guess but i am hoping

It’s seemingly almost that IU is afraid that Morgan & Morgan are in the stands ready to file suit.
In Juwan’s case it would be Morgan & Morgan & Morgan

GO HOOSIERS!

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

10 hours ago, Whoozhers said:

2 Things.

GO HOOSIERS!!

We got the W but I wondered the same thing. He didnt look hurt.

I don't think he was actually hurt. (Joking) This was juwans way of bringing the team together again

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, maharkn said:

fisch makes everything better

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Sure looks like that was alot of pressure being let go of in the locker room after the game. Hope this pulls them back to playing together the right way!