Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
HoosierAloha

CFB - NFL Pick em RESULTS (OVERALL)

Finally, I had time to fix, (I mean calculate), the overall scores for the football season pick ems.  My excel has decided to crash on multiple occasions and I've gone back to input week 9 through the end of the season.  I'd like to thank everyone that has played for your time and patience in getting this off the ground.  Hopefully, next season will go much smoother having a template (if excel last that long). 

Before we get to the overall results, I'd like to post the results for the final week (week 12).  Congrats to Natty for knocking it out of the park and having his best result of the season.  21/25 picked correctly!

Week 12.png

Now!  For the good stuff, Old Fart and I tied with the most overall points (203) but because I had a worse week (11 points to 13 points) I won the overall football pick ems (192 to 190).  I really appreciate everyone playing.  I thought it was a pretty good time but would like to have a better ending.  If you have any ideas I'd be completely open to making it better next season. 

Attached:  Overall standings with total points, low score, and score (total points - low score)

The other attachments are week by week scores if anyone would like to go through them. The yellow indicates high score for that section (college/NFL) and green indicates winner of the week. 

Overall.png

Overall 1.png

Overall 2.png

Overall 3.png

Looking through some of the numbers...

Weekly winners:

1. 3 wins - LamarCheeks (weeks 6, 8, 11)
  2. 2 wins - Old Fart (weeks 3, 7)
  3. 2 wins - WayneFleek (weeks 9, 10)
  4. 1 win - mamasa (week 1)
  5. 1 win - biteoftheapple (week 2)
  6. 1 win - HoosierAloha (week 4)
  7. 1 win - rcs29 (week 5)
  8. 1 win - Naturalhoosier (week 12)

Highest Weekly scores:

1. 22 (WayneFleek)
  2. 21 (Old Fart, LamarCheeks, Naturalhoosier)
  3. 20 (Old Fart x2, WayneFleek, HoosierAloha,

Highest College scores (total):

1. 124 (HoosierAloha, Old Fart)
  2. 123 (WayneFleek)
  3. 121 LamarCheeks

Highest NFL scores (total)

1. 79 (HoosierAloha, Old Fart, LamarCheeks)
  2. 75 (biteoftheapple)
  3. 74 (WayneFleek)

Highest College scores (weekly)

1. 14 (WayneFleek, biteoftheapple, Naturalhoosier)
  2. 13 (HoosierAloha, rcs29, Josh, LamarCheeks, WayneFleek x2, Old Fart)
  3. 12 (HoosierAloha, LamarCheeks, biteoftheapple x2, Josh, LIHoosier, Johnsoniu)

Highest NFL scores (weekly)

1. 10 (Old Fart)
  2. 9 (WayneFleek)
  3. 8 (mamasa, Old Fart x2, Naturalhoosier x2, LamarCheeks, biteoftheapple, HoosierAloha)

8 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

Now!  For the good stuff, Old Fart and I tied with the most overall points (203) but because I had a worse week (11 points to 13 points) I won the overall football pick ems (192 to 190).

Funny how the guy running the contest manages to win!   lol     Thanks for all the work you did in putting it together.

You’re welcome, it was fun playing but not so fun managing. Recreating the basketball spreadsheet made it much easier to roll over each week so the labor is inputting the predictions while the football spreadsheet was a pain. Hopefully, I’ll have something better next season so it’ll be much easier.

What would you like to see in terms of duration and included games? Should we start with the first week of college ball and end with bowl games? Should we end the NFL with a playoff pick em, where you predict who will make the playoffs? Should we add a bonus round where we pick the playoff teams at the beginning of the season? Any and all input is welcomed.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Funny how the guy running the contest manages to win!   lol     Thanks for all the work you did in putting it together.

The fix is in!  Hmmmm....hahah  Good times!  Thanks for managing.

The fix was definitely in! I had to give myself some bonus points to win. The only difference between Old Fart and myself was my suckiest week was suckier than his suckiest week.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app