Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
scoot

Depth Chart

https://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-depth-charts/depth-chart/indiana/90728

I'm sure this will change and get updated as needed.  I would also imagine a lot of the younger guys will be fighting for 2 and 3 spots.  And some of them actually getting a lot of playing time.  Because we all know injuries happen.  They're a young bunch.  I hope CTA can get some quality wins and have them playing in December or January.  

Yeah I can see some changes and depth changes already.....starters on defense if I had to put money on it Thomas Allen will not be starting most of the season.....first two games....I think there will be a heavy rotation between James Miller and Thomas, I wouldn’t be surprised if DK plays as a true freshman, just because of his sideline to sideline speed and his build already. Cam Jones will literally play everywhere besides the line. Khalil Bryant is a consistent player, but I think he gets beat out by a younger guy. DL, I am very excited to see Juan play again....sounds like independence was a reality check and he’s bought in to the hard work pays off and is a completely different kid and mindset....and then the CC transfer we got from garden city his name is blanking......but he is another big body that moves so well and plays hard and fast for a guy his size...helps with interior depth. Sio I think can get early playing time as well just because of his size and strength....technique probably needs some work, but if you need someone to plug up some gaps and holes in short distance situations....throw him and Juan in there and get the job done. OL I think we will be better than what many think, from what I’ve heard is the young guys have developed well over the spring and summer so far with individual workouts. As for true freshmen linemen.....I think Katic and Bedford play in 4 games maybe more.....Bedford might even be number 2 at either tackle....most likely left tackle....but can fill right if needed. Heard Katic is what we saw in film...a mean dude who is already built for the big ten size wise....just needs to get in playbook and make better reads...still an 18 year old...kid is a MAULER with a mean streak though, reminds me of Quentin Nelson of the colts. Brit beery and Raferty have blossomed this offseason as well from what I’ve heard. 

17 minutes ago, lucel15 said:

Yeah I can see some changes and depth changes already.....starters on defense if I had to put money on it Thomas Allen will not be starting most of the season.....first two games....I think there will be a heavy rotation between James Miller and Thomas, I wouldn’t be surprised if DK plays as a true freshman, just because of his sideline to sideline speed and his build already. Cam Jones will literally play everywhere besides the line. Khalil Bryant is a consistent player, but I think he gets beat out by a younger guy. DL, I am very excited to see Juan play again....sounds like independence was a reality check and he’s bought in to the hard work pays off and is a completely different kid and mindset....and then the CC transfer we got from garden city his name is blanking......but he is another big body that moves so well and plays hard and fast for a guy his size...helps with interior depth. Sio I think can get early playing time as well just because of his size and strength....technique probably needs some work, but if you need someone to plug up some gaps and holes in short distance situations....throw him and Juan in there and get the job done. OL I think we will be better than what many think, from what I’ve heard is the young guys have developed well over the spring and summer so far with individual workouts. As for true freshmen linemen.....I think Katic and Bedford play in 4 games maybe more.....Bedford might even be number 2 at either tackle....most likely left tackle....but can fill right if needed. Heard Katic is what we saw in film...a mean dude who is already built for the big ten size wise....just needs to get in playbook and make better reads...still an 18 year old...kid is a MAULER with a mean streak though, reminds me of Quentin Nelson of the colts. Brit beery and Raferty have blossomed this offseason as well from what I’ve heard. 

Great insight @lucel15, what's your read on the rotation at RB?  Between Stevie, Cole, Ronnie, and Sampson...I don't see enough carries to keep everyone happy - and all four are exceptionally talented.

26 minutes ago, MemphisHoosier said:

Great insight @lucel15, what's your read on the rotation at RB?  Between Stevie, Cole, Ronnie, and Sampson...I don't see enough carries to keep everyone happy - and all four are exceptionally talented.

I actually think those 4 will be happy including Ivory winters will have a big role as well. I will just list the players and what I see from them all.....because I truly believe that most of them will see the field plenty during the games.....touches idk how many...but to some people’s thoughts yes it will be hard to keep everyone happy, but if you look at great teams in today’s game....for example OSU and Georgia (I’m choosing them because they’ve been doing it for awhile and I think more and more teams have adopted a running back by committee type playbook and it’s not just 1 Star and the other 2-3 are blah players, these teams have legit 2-4 stars in their back field). Almost every team has a RB who can motion out to slot and for me that will be gest or even winters (need to see if he can catch first, because I’m not sure on that point), but anyways deboer will rotate and play as many guys just like his tight ends. We will see multiple back formations if he stays true to who he is as a coach. Now to the players in now particular order.

Stevie Scott- I believe he will be starter come season and most of the season, offers power with deceptive speed and plays with great Patience...we all saw that develop relatively fast during his freshman season....he will lose touches, but I expect him to still put up great stats, will probably get most touches around the goal line if I put money on it.

Sampson James- to start off being an Avon alum, I wish and hope nothing but the best for him and knowing what his family life is....on to the season outlook, he’s rehabbed nicely from his knee surgery this off season, just had to do some repair to a bone I believe, if I remember correctly (hurt it mid season last year....reason why stats were dropped off). If you look at what he’s done since enrolling early, adding almost 30lbs of good weight up to 220 and btw his upper body looks like a body builders peep coach deboers pool party pic.  I think he plays in 4 games and it will be interesting to see if they hold him to that and RS given our depth, technically you could play him in 4 and then rest and then throw ivory in 4. He is very similar to Stevie in the aspect to size and speed, he might have Stevie beat when it comes to his lateral moves or Xbox juke moves, not afraid of contact. Overall, he is what he was advertised as coming into his senior year before injury hurt his stats. 

Cole Gest- first off I’m glad he’s healthy and I hope he can stay healthy. His upside is he is lighting fast and can catch the ball out of the backfield or from a wide position. Only thing he needs to work on is waiting for the hole to be there and then turn the jets on, he hasn’t been able to really work on that when it comes to actual playing time, potential is there, he just needs to stay healthy. Overall if healthy he will have a productive season and my prediction is he provides multiple big play or explosive plays of over 20+ yds for us.  

Ivory Winters- huge dark horse in my eyes. Played in a small division in Missouri and dominated. Not only in football, he dominated in track as well. The kid ran for almost 3000 yards and had 59 TDS as a senior.....he’s also got size but is breakaway fast.  That’s why I believe he will be a dark horse entering the season and might even for arguments sake and topic sake, crack top 2 or 3 in depth chart. I’m not sure on his catching ability, but if it matches his overall athleticism then let’s go, also I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s retiring kicks or punts by end of the season, let alone the start of it.

Ronnie Walker- kid showed us glimpses of why he was a 4* kid. Besides his youth and some decision making he knew when to hit holes and when to cutback, and showed he is shifty and fast. From my understanding is he had a hard time with the playbook and just overall adjusting to the speed of the college game which is understandable. I look forward to seeing him take a step forward in development and becoming what we all saw from his senior film.

gosh darn are we deep with depth and talent at RB. Not to mention everyone is so young.  That goes for a lot of positions on this team as well  another sleeper on offense is David Ellis, he will play everywhere and anywhere in this offense his explosiveness is already being demonstrated in the weight room....ivory winters and him could make for a very very dangerous return game  

On 7/2/2019 at 11:40 AM, lucel15 said:

Just look at this duo. Sampson is probably 190 in this picture.....he’s supposedly around 220 right now. 

70A7ACE5-3405-4A75-AA6E-2AC99577E4E4.png

I was kinda hoping Winters was going to play defense given his size/athleticism and our young depth at RB. Any talk of him making that switch? Hearing him in interviews he seems to really enjoy getting after people 

16 hours ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

I was kinda hoping Winters was going to play defense given his size/athleticism and our young depth at RB. Any talk of him making that switch? Hearing him in interviews he seems to really enjoy getting after people 

He will stay at RB. There were no talks of LB or defense during his recruitment. He wasn’t a Stevie Scott LB/RB see where he fits.  Speed and versatility out of the backfield is a high ceiling. Top teams have backfields 4-5 deep offering versatility. He will also have a chance in return game as well....not front runner right now but has the opportunity there. Our LB depth is better than what many think. Aaron Casey will be hard to keep off the field....had a great spring and is having good first couple practices. Other than that depth is young and it looks like Cam Jones will be in LB, he will play stinger I believe, talks were about safety/husky and LB but from interviews and what I’ve heard is Jamar Johnson and Lino Ball are the huskys. Cam will be an athletic and physical LB.  

3 hours ago, lucel15 said:

He will stay at RB. There were no talks of LB or defense during his recruitment. He wasn’t a Stevie Scott LB/RB see where he fits.  Speed and versatility out of the backfield is a high ceiling. Top teams have backfields 4-5 deep offering versatility. He will also have a chance in return game as well....not front runner right now but has the opportunity there. Our LB depth is better than what many think. Aaron Casey will be hard to keep off the field....had a great spring and is having good first couple practices. Other than that depth is young and it looks like Cam Jones will be in LB, he will play stinger I believe, talks were about safety/husky and LB but from interviews and what I’ve heard is Jamar Johnson and Lino Ball are the huskys. Cam will be an athletic and physical LB.  

Thanks for the info. Can’t hurt having 5 scholarship guys at this position especially with how young we are. Will also be curious to see if Pechac is able to earn some carries this season.

If Cam added 10lbs in the off season he’ll be absolutely frightening at LB. He’s a kid who can lay some wood on opponents and can fly to the ball. I was actually kind of hoping to see him at strong safety this season and have a Bob Sanders-esc guy back there but I know Burgess should be really good also. 

34 minutes ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

Thanks for the info. Can’t hurt having 5 scholarship guys at this position especially with how young we are. Will also be curious to see if Pechac is able to earn some carries this season.

If Cam added 10lbs in the off season he’ll be absolutely frightening at LB. He’s a kid who can lay some wood on opponents and can fly to the ball. I was actually kind of hoping to see him at strong safety this season and have a Bob Sanders-esc guy back there but I know Burgess should be really good also. 

Very young and talented and like I said need numbers as in bodies back there. I know we are no Georgia but look what they’ve done and heck even Ohio state with their RB corals they’ve built. 4-5 kids get meaningful carries every season it seems like. Pechac has moved to DB it looks like....will be interesting. Don’t have a lot of info on him in all honesty. 

Cam Jones is going to be a beast at LB. Ik he was looking at safety/husky rotation. Safety is pretty deep and sounds like young guys (I know Cam is young as well) have developed nicely. Starters I think will be fitz and burgess. Depth there will be Khalil, Devon Matthews, sounds like jusevitch is playing well and heck I’ll throw in freshman josh sanguitti (spelling is wrong) I liked his film and what he can bring as a ball hawk/centerfield Safety  . Now cam could eventually go back there, but my cousin has told me he’s only seen him with LB group.