Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

I kind of refuse to believe their were that many trolls. I mean Kent Sterling was saying on the radio that he was in contact with former IU basketball players and they were all under the impression they got their guy, which was Billy D. Such a strange event. 

That’s fine if you refuse that, but’s that’s what happened.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Just wanted to take an opportunity to say this, since I forgot to post it the other night:

Just.

Like.

FOOTBALL.

Take that UConn and Nebraska! We beat you in football AND basketball! Bow to our athletic superiority in both major sports!

Man, that felt good. On the rare occasions when we beat somebody in football, our basketball team usually sharts. We tried to in both games this week, but this was just meant to be.

Just-like foot-ball!

On 12/10/2019 at 7:41 PM, southernindianahoosier2 said:

IMG_1576024868.680296.jpg

Fred, hire this man!

0% chance he leaves Texas Tech. He has 3 daughters who live in Lubbock and he’s made it very clear that it was his “dream job.” He took the UNLV job (much better program) and immediately spurned them once T. Tech called. Get used to Archie. This job isn’t what we think it is. Many good coaches wanted nothing to do with coaching here. I’m not sure I blame them either. It seems we have a lot of things working against us. 

0% chance he leaves Texas Tech. He has 3 daughters who live in Lubbock and he’s made it very clear that it was his “dream job.” He took the UNLV job (much better program) and immediately spurned them once T. Tech called. Get used to Archie. This job isn’t what we think it is. Many good coaches wanted nothing to do with coaching here. I’m not sure I blame them either. It seems we have a lot of things working against us. 

Not with that attitude

I could see this as a lot of different things. It could be McRobbie is hamstringing Glass as some people think so Glass is getting out (although I think McRobbie is retiring soon to as well) since he doesn't have the support or he could be tired of it and there is nothing going on that is not in the press release. Really not sure

For the good it does mean if Archie or Tom Allen fail the new AD will not feel an attachment to hold on to him for to long since his job does not ride with these hires. The bad is if McRobbie hires a lap dog who also really doesn't understand sports (as is alleged and quite possible) it could get worse.

This could go many different ways and its hard to know what is behind this. A telling thing will be if we hire an AD with previous experience who has done well at other schools. If we do that then clearly the administration cares more about sports than we think. If they hire someone with no experience or a University VP like Clapacs in the past it gives credence to IU crowd who thinks IU wants to take athletics secondary.

Interesting turn of events. 

Appreciate what Glass has done, but hope our next AD can take the next step with our basketball program, especially if change is needed (praying that we don’t and Archie takes us back to a blue blood).

Still, regardless of how I feel about certain things, Glass did do a great job with a lot of things.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

4 minutes ago, HoosierDYT said:

My guess is Scott dolson

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I don't know alot about Scott, other than him being an Indiana grad and IUBB manager and with the school for some time. Would people like this hire? 

Wonder if some will want IU to go completely outside of the Indiana family, i.e., no Chris Reynolds, Dolson, etc.