Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

9 hours ago, southernindianahoosier2 said:

This is the safe space thread for complaining. I think our uniforms are bad. I came to this thread to say that. No vendetta.

We still haven’t played a road game. Wisconsin is not any good this year. Let’s see how we do against a good team on the road. I’ve put a figurative asterisk on most of my posts that I’m giving Archie time to prove himself, and until he does, I’m skeptical.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

8 hours ago, Old Friend said:

With thanks to SouthernIN for keeping this thread alive, I think your silence (and that of a couple of others) is comical and deafening and I'm sure not only is the SUCCESS killing you but the fact I've been right about all of it has to be making you crazy.  (Awaits rambling retort...) 

Your agenda and cynicism is noted.  How'd THIS gem age (from FSU game the other night, right after halftime)?  You seemed to take pleasure in a slow start...but then went into a cave.  Deafening, I tell you.  

Alford Bailey replied to mamasa's topic in Indiana Men's Basketball

Not the start to the second half I was looking for lol.

Damn....foiled by success, yet again.  8-0 and #16 in Sagarin under a coach you wanted to get fired.  Football finishes 8-4, wins the Bucket, and headed to a bowl under a coach you wanted to get fired.   You must be about ready to jump off a building by now.  And by the way, the rambling tirade?   With all of that truth in it?  Truth it's obvious you can't handle?  Maybe 12 minutes.  Thanks for reading.  You and the other 2 Muppet men should go find another team or at least a balcony.  Know your opponent, indeed.  Mine's a troll.

Must be a miserable existence waiting for the team you claim to love to fail so you can gloat to a bunch of dudes you don't know.  SEE!?!  We suck!!  Told ya'!!   Congratulations.  You win....nothing.  But at least you've been outed.

Go IU

You seem to consistently believe that some people on this board don't want IU to win, when the entire reason people were complaining was because we hadn't been... Winning. Because, you know, people wanted IU to win. So it's not really a surprise that people aren't complaining now. IU is doing exactly what we wanted them to do for years. 

*people complain about IU losing* 

*IU starts winning*

"why aren't people complaining anymore?!"

Wtf.

Our "big 3" programs are 23-5! Not to mention the success of the other teams. Can't we appreciate the product we're putting on the floor/field? It's an exciting time to be a Hoosier! I agree about sustainability, but you have to start somewhere. 

Tom Allen gets 7 year extension:

What do contracts do for the school? It seems like the coach can walk away from them without penalty but the school is handcuffed. Anyone, maybe Stu understand the specifics and why any school would want to grant such a long contract? Why not 3 or 5 as you can always extend?

If Allen loses every game for the next 3 years we are stuck paying off the remaining 4 years but if he wins 10 games a year for the next year he could get poached by florida state and be gone with no penalty right?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

50 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Uniforms? Uniforms??? After the way we're playing that is what we decide to complain about. 

Thanks - I was wondering if I was the only one who thought some were creating things to complain about. 

I’m cautiously optimistic. Florida state can’t score over 70 against any good teams. Again as I’ve said all along, I’d take Chris beard even if Archie wins 20 games this year. I’m giving Archie 4-5 years total and I’m counting his first year as year 1. I’m not upset we are winning, but at the moment we’ve won one game that should hold up come selection Sunday. Wisconsin is not good this year, neither is ND or UConn. So even if we win all those, we haven’t really proven anything. Let’s see how we hold up against Michigan, mich state, OSU, Purdue, etc before we say this season is a success.

As far as the uniforms and drop ceilings. Those are just anecdotal evidence that not all parts of the program are on par with other championship caliber programs

2 hours ago, HinnyHoosier said:

Wow. AB really took that conversation to heart. For...weeks, apparently. Also, am I one of the muppet men? Can you clarify that for me AB?

No.  I'm sick of the negativity, the stalking, and hoping Indiana loses.  Nothing to do with you.

28 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

You seem to consistently believe that some people on this board don't want IU to win, when the entire reason people were complaining was because we hadn't been... Winning. Because, you know, people wanted IU to win. So it's not really a surprise that people aren't complaining now. IU is doing exactly what we wanted them to do for years. 

*people complain about IU losing* 

*IU starts winning*

"why aren't people complaining anymore?!"

Wtf.

When you want coaches fired....you want the team to lose so they get...fired.   There were threads wanting Fred Glass fired.  Archie Miller fired.   And Fred Glass fired.  Both coaches within the first 3 years of their contracts, and nothing had even begun to play out.    Miller had played exactly one season with even a single of his recruits....FIRE HIM!!!  You wanted Indiana to win...."immediately" or fire the coach.   That continued even after football season began. You're right.  People were complaining.  Without thinking or paying attention to what was happening right before their eyes.  Did they not see it?  Not understand it?  Or were they rooting against it and ignoring it?  Has to be one of the 3.  Some still wallow when things don't go perfectly every second of every game.   Same guys who wanted coaches and the AD fired.  

Only after Indiana won did anybody come around.    You don't get to have it both ways.   You don't get to scream for a coach to be prematurely fired because you want to win NOW when it's just not that simple; and then tell me all you want is to win, so now you're quiet and happy about the same coach you wanted fired 7 weeks ago.

Are those people fair weather fans?  So many preached how Indiana is a joke of an athletic program, Indiana won't invest, Indiana has settled for mediocrity.  Blah, blah, blah.  FIRE THE COACH!!  (Translated....I hope we lose so this coach gets fired and I can be proven right about how miserable Indiana is)   Oh...now we're winning with that same coach I wanted fired!   Yay rah!  Go IU!!!  You can't have it both ways.  You can't want a coach fired and then claim you wanted that coach to win.  Doesn't work that way.

And.....if you think the people who were mad and impatient are the only ones who want IU to win, you're out of your mind.   

9 minutes ago, southernindianahoosier2 said:

I’m cautiously optimistic. Florida state can’t score over 70 against any good teams. Again as I’ve said all along, I’d take Chris beard even if Archie wins 20 games this year. I’m giving Archie 4-5 years total and I’m counting his first year as year 1. I’m not upset we are winning, but at the moment we’ve won one game that should hold up come selection Sunday. Wisconsin is not good this year, neither is ND or UConn. So even if we win all those, we haven’t really proven anything. Let’s see how we hold up against Michigan, mich state, OSU, Purdue, etc before we say this season is a success.

As far as the uniforms and drop ceilings. Those are just anecdotal evidence that not all parts of the program are on par with other championship caliber programs

Have you seen a DR? They have happy pills these days that make you not so down all the time. Or you can visit Michigan or ILL where the green is legal now. The uniforms are your opinion about what's on par with other programs. I can't stand Louisville or UNC uniforms. Also we have more meaningful wins then TT this year and less bad losses.

1 hour ago, HoosierAloha said:

While I agree with you on several things, disagree with you on a few, and laugh about some of it I just can’t get behind this. I don’t see any reason to bring in “standing on a building ready to jump,” figuratively or literally.

The “waiting for the program to fail” fans are annoying as a hemorrhoid that just wont go away. I called one of them names the other day when IU won in 2OT. I should know better than jumping into the stye with them.

Everything else I agree with. A lot of programs are trending up and I’m sure it’s frustrating for those drop ceiling fools to watch the success. It’s even crazier when IU does well and they’re nowhere to be found. It’s telling and anyone with half a brain can see why.

Be better Old Friend, don’t stoop to their level.

Noted. Thanks.

Winning a road game and 2 neutral court (Quad 1 or 2 games) games against teams that will be in the conversation for being tournament teams wouldn’t be proving anything? Lol. You want to wait and see how they do against top 10 teams and Purdue. Regardless of if you think ND, Wisky (road), UConn are good the committee will view each of these games as quality wins if that were to happen.

3 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Winning a road game and 2 neutral court (Quad 1 or 2 games) games against teams that will be in the conversation for being tournament teams wouldn’t be proving anything? Lol. You want to wait and see how they do against top 10 teams and Purdue. Regardless of if you think ND, Wisky (road), UConn are good the committee will view each of these games as quality wins if that were to happen.

I think maybe we have to go undefeated for 3 straight seasons.  That might convince him.  

16 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

When you want coaches fired....you want the team to lose so they get...fired.   There were threads wanting Fred Glass fired.  Archie Miller fired.   And Fred Glass fired.  Both coaches within the first 3 years of their contracts, and nothing had even begun to play out.    Miller had played exactly one season with even a single of his recruits....FIRE HIM!!!  You wanted Indiana to win...."immediately" or fire the coach.   That continued even after football season began. You're right.  People were complaining.  Without thinking or paying attention to what was happening right before their eyes.  Did they not see it?  Not understand it?  Or were they rooting against it and ignoring it?  Has to be one of the 3.  Some still wallow when things don't go perfectly every second of every game.   Same guys who wanted coaches and the AD fired.  

Only after Indiana won did anybody come around.    You don't get to have it both ways.   You don't get to scream for a coach to be prematurely fired because you want to win NOW when it's just not that simple; and then tell me all you want is to win, so now you're quiet and happy about the same coach you wanted fired 7 weeks ago.

Are those people fair weather fans?  So many preached how Indiana is a joke of an athletic program, Indiana won't invest, Indiana has settled for mediocrity.  Blah, blah, blah.  FIRE THE COACH!!  (Translated....I hope we lose so this coach gets fired and I can be proven right about how miserable Indiana is)   Oh...now we're winning with that same coach I wanted fired!   Yay rah!  Go IU!!!  You can't have it both ways.  You can't want a coach fired and then claim you wanted that coach to win.  Doesn't work that way.

And.....if you think the people who were mad and impatient are the only ones who want IU to win, you're out of your mind.   

I wanted Allen fired because he wasn't getting the job done. I have nothing personal against Tom Allen. Never met the guy. I don't care who the IU football coach is as long as he wins. So, yeah, I'm going to be happy when he wins. That's what I wanted. I truly don't understand how you don't get it. 

I've never once said that I want Archie Miller fired. You know that, as I've consistently said in posts to you that I don't want him fired, but you continue to bring him up and make it seem like I wanted him fired. Why? 

"You can't want a coach fired and then claim you wanted that coach to win.  Doesn't work that way." 

Why doesn't it work that way? People wanted a coach fired because he didn't win. That quite literally suggests that people wanted him to win. If they didn't want him to win then they wouldn't have wanted him fired for losing. I wanted Allen fired because I didn't think he was good enough to win at IU. He proved me wrong. So I can't be happy about IU winning and say I wanted him to win? That makes no sense. The only way it wouldn't work that way would be if people simply just didn't like Coach Allen and didn't want IU to win with him because of their personal feelings. 

"Blah, blah, blah.  FIRE THE COACH!!  (Translated....I hope we lose so this coach gets fired and I can be proven right about howmiserable Indiana is)"

I'm sorry, but that quote from you is bs. You don't get to pass off your own opinion as a fact. You have no idea what people were thinking. You believe that wanting the coach fired means you want him to lose. Other people haven't said that, but because it's what you believe you pass it off as what other people believe too. It doesn't work that way.

52 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Beating those teams doesn't mean we're going to win the Big 10, or even make it past the first weekend, or even make the tournament. 

I'm just patiently waiting to see how the season plays out. I have been vocal that I'd rather have Chris Beard, but that doesn't mean I don't want us to win. If Archie wins a Natl Championship, I'd be so happy. 

I complained about the uniforms a few years ago when our players were rolling out their shorts because they were too big/long. I made the comment that a program with total awareness would/should have capitalized and changed the shorts, maybe even made a funny campaign with it. Fred Glass released his standardized uniforms a few years ago which puts handcuffs on the creativity of the basketball program when it comes to designing uniforms.He's the one that forced football to remove the names on the back.I believe it was his idea to put the stars on the shorts. Its like he's a restaurant owner and he's not letting his head chef's have any ownership of the menu. 

I still think there's some dysfunction in the Athletic Department. I think Fred has a smug attitude and the reality of the programs he's running is different from his perception of it. Although I think he's improved from 10 years ago, he's had to learn on the job and I still don't think he really knows what he's doing. The fact that he hired a consulting firm to tell him whether or not selling beer at football games was a good idea, was beyond me. How about he just walk through the tailgate before the game, or go to any NFL game, etc. Don't understand why he had to pay someone to say this was a good idea. 

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe Fred's changed, but TBD. I really like Tom Allen now and was wrong about him. But I was cautiously optimistic with him as well and I'll get behind and support him 100%. I do think that we have lots of momentum going forward in football. Basketball is different because unless archie makes a deep tournament run this year or next, i'd be ready to move on, but only for Chris Beard. 

3 minutes ago, southernindianahoosier2 said:

Beating those teams doesn't mean we're going to win the Big 10, or even make it past the first weekend, or even make the tournament. 

I'm just patiently waiting to see how the season plays out. I have been vocal that I'd rather have Chris Beard, but that doesn't mean I don't want us to win. If Archie wins a Natl Championship, I'd be so happy. 

I complained about the uniforms a few years ago when our players were rolling out their shorts because they were too big/long. I made the comment that a program with total awareness would/should have capitalized and changed the shorts, maybe even made a funny campaign with it. Fred Glass released his standardized uniforms a few years ago which puts handcuffs on the creativity of the basketball program when it comes to designing uniforms.He's the one that forced football to remove the names on the back.I believe it was his idea to put the stars on the shorts. Its like he's a restaurant owner and he's not letting his head chef's have any ownership of the menu. 

I still think there's some dysfunction in the Athletic Department. I think Fred has a smug attitude and the reality of the programs he's running is different from his perception of it. Although I think he's improved from 10 years ago, he's had to learn on the job and I still don't think he really knows what he's doing. The fact that he hired a consulting firm to tell him whether or not selling beer at football games was a good idea, was beyond me. How about he just walk through the tailgate before the game, or go to any NFL game, etc. Don't understand why he had to pay someone to say this was a good idea. 

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe Fred's changed, but TBD. I really like Tom Allen now and was wrong about him. But I was cautiously optimistic with him as well and I'll get behind and support him 100%. I do think that we have lots of momentum going forward in football. Basketball is different because unless archie makes a deep tournament run this year or next, i'd be ready to move on, but only for Chris Beard. 

Obviously you don't and cannot understand because you are not an AD at a university. There are risk management policies in place that need to be considered when you offer alcohol at a college campus. Given the increase in high profile drinking related accidents at IU and universities around the country, this is a topic that requires additional scrutiny. 

Also, hiring a consulting firm allows for an unbiased third party perspective which is likely part of university policy for liability reasons. 

Walking through the tailgate field during games? This is such a simplistic point of view. It's a good idea for making money, possibly a way to encourage greater attendance (although, if you can drink beer in the tailgate field, do you really want to go pay $8 for the same beer in the stadium? No guarantee there), and potentially a disastrous idea from a risk management perspective.

I'm fine with people having different views on how things should be done, but I find it ridiculous when people assume things are as simple as stated on this board.