Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

2 hours ago, Old Friend said:

You seem to live in a world where everything has to go your way or you whine that it needs to change immediately.  That someone needs to lose his job, despite reality, because YOU aren't happy.  All about you.  All about satisfying your current whims, whatever they may be.   All about crying in your crib and expecting to be fed within 10 seconds or you just cry louder until you get what you want.   You let me know how frequently the revolving door is successful.   I'll be more than happy to close my mouth when you can do that with even a modicum of consistency.

It would serve you very well to take circumstances into consideration before you hold someone accountable to whatever results you deem successful.  Nobody said Archie gets 5-6 years to make the tournament.  Nobody said he shouldn't continue to have more success each season.  But damn, dude.  You act like Indiana was in great shape when he took over and somehow he's failed.  

As if DeRon Davis didn't rupture his achilles two years ago.  Like Colin Hartman didn't miss a bunch of time with injury.  Like Zach McRoberts WASN'T 5th on the team in minutes played (yeah,....we were THAT bad in terms of talent).   Once Davis got hurt, I'll let you tell me how he was expected to play with Big Ten big men with Juwon Morgan, Freddie McSwain (who might be 6'6"), Clifton Moore, and Tim Priller.  I'll let you tell me how that team was supposed to gel learning a system 180* from Crean's and without a single one of his recruits.

Last season was far better, especially late, but Phinisee still got hurt and really missed over a month...by far IU's best ball handler.  Green missed 7 games.  Davis missed 5 and hadn't regained any quickness yet.  Langford missed 3 games.  McBob, who IU counted on the year prior missed 9.   The improvement was there even if the results didn't please you yet.  They didn't make me happy either; but are you really naive enough to see what's going on and tell me he has to do ______  THIS season or he should lose his job?  To who?  And what would that person do differently??   Mike Davis won right away.  How'd that work out for you....in your precious "right NOW century of the 2000's?"   How do you think the Cleveland Browns feel about firing Bill Belichick because he didn't win quickly enough?  Mike Krzyzewski had a .553 winning % at Army and then losing records 2 of his first 3 seasons at Duke.  Think they should have fired him?   

This has nothing to do with an era.  It has everything to do with impatient brats having zero idea how to build a long term succesful college basketball program.   

Romeo didn't miss any games until the NIT last season. We lost 12 games during a 13 game stretch. One win during a 1.5 month period in big ten play. Last season was a complete disaster. Sure, it's way too early to be calling for Archie's head. But, it's reasonable for fans to have expectations for their team. An NCAA tournament appearance is a perfectly reasonable expectation this season. 

I've mentioned this in the past, but good lord our uniforms are atrocious. After watching Ohio State vs NC and Lou vs Mich. I can't help but notice that their uniform tops match their bottoms. They look fantastic, especially Ohio State's uni's last light. Ours are bizarre. I did read Freddie's initiative where he designed all the uniforms, he really learns how to delegate.

I've mentioned this in the past, but good lord our uniforms are atrocious. After watching Ohio State vs NC and Lou vs Mich. I can't help but notice that their uniform tops match their bottoms. They look fantastic, especially Ohio State's uni's last light. Ours are bizarre. I did read Freddie's initiative where he designed all the uniforms, he really learns how to delegate.

I wish we would go back to the original look with the larger IU emblem on the sides of the shorts

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Gotta keep the hate alive somehow, huh? Teams are doing well so you have to find anything to further your vendetta

Gotta keep the hate alive somehow, huh? Teams are doing well so you have to find anything to further your vendetta

This is the safe space thread for complaining. I think our uniforms are bad. I came to this thread to say that. No vendetta.

We still haven’t played a road game. Wisconsin is not any good this year. Let’s see how we do against a good team on the road. I’ve put a figurative asterisk on most of my posts that I’m giving Archie time to prove himself, and until he does, I’m skeptical.

On 10/31/2019 at 10:59 PM, Alford Bailey said:

A typical Old Friend rambling tirade. 

With thanks to SouthernIN for keeping this thread alive, I think your silence (and that of a couple of others) is comical and deafening and I'm sure not only is the SUCCESS killing you but the fact I've been right about all of it has to be making you crazy.  (Awaits rambling retort...) 

Your agenda and cynicism is noted.  How'd THIS gem age (from FSU game the other night, right after halftime)?  You seemed to take pleasure in a slow start...but then went into a cave.  Deafening, I tell you.  

Alford Bailey replied to mamasa's topic in Indiana Men's Basketball

Not the start to the second half I was looking for lol.

Damn....foiled by success, yet again.  8-0 and #16 in Sagarin under a coach you wanted to get fired.  Football finishes 8-4, wins the Bucket, and headed to a bowl under a coach you wanted to get fired.   You must be about ready to jump off a building by now.  And by the way, the rambling tirade?   With all of that truth in it?  Truth it's obvious you can't handle?  Maybe 12 minutes.  Thanks for reading.  You and the other 2 Muppet men should go find another team or at least a balcony.  Know your opponent, indeed.  Mine's a troll.

Must be a miserable existence waiting for the team you claim to love to fail so you can gloat to a bunch of dudes you don't know.  SEE!?!  We suck!!  Told ya'!!   Congratulations.  You win....nothing.  But at least you've been outed.

Go IU

20 hours ago, southernindianahoosier2 said:

It’s the shorts. The stripe across the waistband makes the uniform look weird. 

With thanks to SouthernIN for keeping this thread alive, I think your silence (and that of a couple of others) is comical and deafening and I'm sure not only is the SUCCESS killing you but the fact I've been right about all of it has to be making you crazy.  (Awaits rambling retort...) 
Your agenda and cynicism is noted.  How'd THIS gem age (from FSU game the other night, right after halftime)?  You seemed to take pleasure in a slow start...but then went into a cave.  Deafening, I tell you.  
Not the start to the second half I was looking for lol. Damn....foiled by success, yet again.  8-0 and #16 in Sagarin under a coach you wanted to get fired.  Football finishes 8-4, wins the Bucket, and headed to a bowl under a coach you wanted to get fired.   You must be about ready to jump off a building by now.  And by the way, the rambling tirade?   With all of that truth in it?  Truth it's obvious you can't handle?  Maybe 12 minutes.  Thanks for reading.  You and the other 2 Muppet men should go find another team or at least a balcony.  Know your opponent, indeed.  Mine's a troll.
Must be a miserable existence waiting for the team you claim to love to fail so you can gloat to a bunch of dudes you don't know.  SEE!?!  We suck!!  Told ya'!!   Congratulations.  You win....nothing.  But at least you've been outed.
Go IU

Wow. AB really took that conversation to heart. For...weeks, apparently. Also, am I one of the muppet men? Can you clarify that for me AB?

1 hour ago, HinnyHoosier said:

Wow. AB really took that conversation to heart. For...weeks, apparently. Also, am I one of the muppet men? Can you clarify that for me AB?

The post above was a little hard to read due to formatting of quoting from another thread.... 

AB said - Not the start to the second half I was looking for lol.

The rest of that post was Old Friends response.

The post above was a little hard to read due to formatting of quoting from another thread.... 
AB said - Not the start to the second half I was looking for lol.
The rest of that post was Old Friends response.

I know. I was too lazy to quote the rest of the preceding conversation. Thank you though

Not the start to the second half I was looking for lol. Damn....foiled by success, yet again.  8-0 and #16 in Sagarin under a coach you wanted to get fired.  Football finishes 8-4, wins the Bucket, and headed to a bowl under a coach you wanted to get fired.   You must be about ready to jump off a building by now.  And by the way, the rambling tirade?   With all of that truth in it?  Truth it's obvious you can't handle?  Maybe 12 minutes.  Thanks for reading.  You and the other 2 Muppet men should go find another team or at least a balcony.  Know your opponent, indeed.  Mine's a troll.
Go IU

While I agree with you on several things, disagree with you on a few, and laugh about some of it I just can’t get behind this. I don’t see any reason to bring in “standing on a building ready to jump,” figuratively or literally.

The “waiting for the program to fail” fans are annoying as a hemorrhoid that just wont go away. I called one of them names the other day when IU won in 2OT. I should know better than jumping into the stye with them.

Everything else I agree with. A lot of programs are trending up and I’m sure it’s frustrating for those drop ceiling fools to watch the success. It’s even crazier when IU does well and they’re nowhere to be found. It’s telling and anyone with half a brain can see why.

Be better Old Friend, don’t stoop to their level.

23 hours ago, southernindianahoosier2 said:

Uniforms? Uniforms??? After the way we're playing that is what we decide to complain about.