Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

58 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

Was that a class project at Purdue?

Can't be Kentucky, it's spelled correctly; although punctuation sucks so maybe pUKe Dean's list student?

No way even a Dean's list student from UK knows the difference between "your" and "you're."

I suppose, with the absence of the apostrophe, it's possible they just spelled "your" incorrectly.

11 hours ago, Old Friend said:

The ignorance and short-sighted nature of this statement is staggering.    How has he failed at his job?   Don't tell me what you wish his job would be or use football as the sole measuring stick.   The mob has spoken.  You want a winning football team; and the way you have defined "winning," you might actually HAVE one as we speak; but because it hasn't happened in the past or with names you wanted, you're complaining.   Have you looked at baseball?  Soccer?  Swimming?  Have you seen what's happening on the basketball floor?   What's starting to happen with volleyball and softball?   Doesn't know how to win??    Why don't you apply for the job, and tell people "I know how to WIN!" and see how far you get.    

Good Lord.   Step outside the low beams for just a second and think about your statement.  

What do you want the football team to be and what do you think it can be realistically?    My assumption is you're smart enough to know the ceiling (consistently, anyway)  in the Big Ten East is 4th, right?   So 8-4 or so is the high water mark; 5-7 wins a year should be the expected norm if you're even halfway reasonable.....    Where is it right now in your eyes?  What needs to change (this is all we're talking about, right?  Football?)?   What happens if Indiana finishes 7-5 or 6-6 and goes to a bowl this season?   

Do you understand the bell cow for Indiana University Sports Properties and Indiana University Athletics is men's basketball?  Do you know that IUSP is still a top 10 revenue producer in the country?  Do you know varsity club donations have broken their own revenue records 5 times under Fred Glass?  Seriously....if football goes to a bowl this season, what will you have left to complain about?   Nothing you're upset with will be true; and I'm really not sure any of it is NOW.

I promised a long winded response and here it is:  

I'm taking a MACRO top down analysis approach for Fred Glass. 

It is a consensus on this board that the two biggest sports and what he is ultimately judged on are Foorball and Basketball so lets take a look at every season starting after October 28, 2008, the date he was hired. For this post I'm only focused on Football.

In Football, we've had 122 games under Glass with a 45-77 record, a 37% win percentage. We've never won a bowl game, and he has hired then fired Kevin Wilson, and then hired Tom Allen. The most wins IU has ever had in a season is 9, happening in 1967 and 1945. On average, under Glass, our teams are 5-7 with no bowl. The standard deviation is 1.36 wins and 1.19 Losses. This is actually promising considering  you're 2 standard deviations away from the mean of winning 8 games  (13.6% of all possible outcomes). From this I concur that a 9 win Indiana team is not impossible but highly unlikely given the state of the program. Using a SMART goal template, 8 win Indiana is specific, measurable, attainable, relevant, and time based. This is what I believe Fred Glass' goal should be for the football team. The ceiling of wins at Indiana is 13, 12 regular season and a bowl, not 5-7 wins. Currently our Peer Group is Illinois, Minnesota, Purdue, Rutgers and Maryland. The Peer group one step above IU is Michigan State, Wisconsin, Iowa, Nebraska and Northwestern. The Top Peer Group is OSU, MIchigan, and Penn State. 

People on this board always ask what I would do as the AD. Well first I would run this back of the envelope analysis and come up with my two strategies for football. Mine would be to win 8 games during a season in the next 5 years, and then move IU into the second tier of football teams in the Big10. I'd do this by studying the likes of Wisconsin, Michigan State, and Iowa, and figure out where we fall behind. Is it facilities, nutrition, coaching, salaries, etc? If so,  I will then begin to look to fund-raise. I want to showcase my vision as the AD to all in the land. I'd say IU IS WINNING 8 games, we need $X to make it happen. From there I build, hire, fire, fund-raise, and execute my 5 year vision. "We understand we are in the bottom tier and we're going to spend, build, and hire our way to the tier above us"... 

This is why I think Fred Glass is a horrible horrible AD: I have never seen or heard from Fred Glass on what his vision for the football team is. He does things in the wrong order, completely backwards as an AD. He has poor problem solving skills and is a bad fit as an AD. 

His current approach seems to be: I need to generate buzz around the program -> Solicit donations for capital improvements -> build something that is not above or beyond our peer group-> show the BOT that IU sports are profitable and moving in a positive direction-> make McRobbie happy.

What he should be doing is: What is IU's Vision -> Win 8 games in the next 5 years -> How do I get to that goal-> Fund-raise to get funds to achieve said goal -> if its facilities, build something above and beyond our current peer group -> evaluate state of the program at year end -> rinse repeat.

The outcome of Glass' current decision making process is spending money and getting no results. So throwing money just to throw money is what Fred is doing currently.  With his strategy we end up with the worst ROI of any spend at a power 5 school, staying in a 5-7 nightmare. Again because he has no strategy.... Had he said "I want to win 8 games, how do I do it?"... You don't set an 8 win strategy by arbitrarily removing the names from the backs of the football jerseys...  you do it by looking at Les Miles and Jeff Brohm when we needed a new coach.... I ask the board: what has Fred done in football to separate us from our current peer group and to try to push the program to 8 wins? What capital projects has he completed that push the envelope and set us apart from our current peer group and are in line with the likes of Michigan State and Iowa?

2 hours ago, southernindianahoosier2 said:

I promised a long winded response and here it is:  

I'm taking a MACRO top down analysis approach for Fred Glass. 

It is a consensus on this board that the two biggest sports and what he is ultimately judged on are Foorball and Basketball so lets take a look at every season starting after October 28, 2008, the date he was hired. For this post I'm only focused on Football.

In Football, we've had 122 games under Glass with a 45-77 record, a 37% win percentage. We've never won a bowl game, and he has hired then fired Kevin Wilson, and then hired Tom Allen. The most wins IU has ever had in a season is 9, happening in 1967 and 1945. On average, under Glass, our teams are 5-7 with no bowl. The standard deviation is 1.36 wins and 1.19 Losses. This is actually promising considering  you're 2 standard deviations away from the mean of winning 8 games  (13.6% of all possible outcomes). From this I concur that a 9 win Indiana team is not impossible but highly unlikely given the state of the program. Using a SMART goal template, 8 win Indiana is specific, measurable, attainable, relevant, and time based. This is what I believe Fred Glass' goal should be for the football team. The ceiling of wins at Indiana is 13, 12 regular season and a bowl, not 5-7 wins. Currently our Peer Group is Illinois, Minnesota, Purdue, Rutgers and Maryland. The Peer group one step above IU is Michigan State, Wisconsin, Iowa, Nebraska and Northwestern. The Top Peer Group is OSU, MIchigan, and Penn State. 

People on this board always ask what I would do as the AD. Well first I would run this back of the envelope analysis and come up with my two strategies for football. Mine would be to win 8 games during a season in the next 5 years, and then move IU into the second tier of football teams in the Big10. I'd do this by studying the likes of Wisconsin, Michigan State, and Iowa, and figure out where we fall behind. Is it facilities, nutrition, coaching, salaries, etc? If so,  I will then begin to look to fund-raise. I want to showcase my vision as the AD to all in the land. I'd say IU IS WINNING 8 games, we need $X to make it happen. From there I build, hire, fire, fund-raise, and execute my 5 year vision. "We understand we are in the bottom tier and we're going to spend, build, and hire our way to the tier above us"... 

This is why I think Fred Glass is a horrible horrible AD: I have never seen or heard from Fred Glass on what his vision for the football team is. He does things in the wrong order, completely backwards as an AD. He has poor problem solving skills and is a bad fit as an AD. 

His current approach seems to be: I need to generate buzz around the program -> Solicit donations for capital improvements -> build something that is not above or beyond our peer group-> show the BOT that IU sports are profitable and moving in a positive direction-> make McRobbie happy.

What he should be doing is: What is IU's Vision -> Win 8 games in the next 5 years -> How do I get to that goal-> Fund-raise to get funds to achieve said goal -> if its facilities, build something above and beyond our current peer group -> evaluate state of the program at year end -> rinse repeat.

The outcome of Glass' current decision making process is spending money and getting no results. So throwing money just to throw money is what Fred is doing currently.  With his strategy we end up with the worst ROI of any spend at a power 5 school, staying in a 5-7 nightmare. Again because he has no strategy.... Had he said "I want to win 8 games, how do I do it?"... You don't set an 8 win strategy by arbitrarily removing the names from the backs of the football jerseys...  you do it by looking at Les Miles and Jeff Brohm when we needed a new coach.... I ask the board: what has Fred done in football to separate us from our current peer group and to try to push the program to 8 wins? What capital projects has he completed that push the envelope and set us apart from our current peer group and are in line with the likes of Michigan State and Iowa?

Bravo!

5 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

But how many times has IU had a coach come to IU and then leave us shortly after for a better program? I understand why it's a concern people have, but it seems like it has happened very rarely. And you never know. Sometimes you might hire a guy who sticks around even though everyone expects him to leave. 

That would require the coach to actually have success before he bolts....

Lol unlike Drax a lot goes over your head.  
I’d throw some petty insults like you but I think your behavior towards people does more than I could ever do.  
You seem like an unhappy person. Seems like the only possibility for attacking somebody for making an inoffensive joke.  It’s probably why you attack people for having a different opinion. 
Hopefully you don’t stay unhappy but if that’s how you approach life I very seriously doubt it. 

Don’t know who Drax is and not sure who I attacked (other than gradman).

Life’s great actually! Wouldn’t expect you to know any of that about me though.

I made my point on the subject, IU should want a coach who wants to be here and spend the time required to make this a consistent and strong program. That should be a consideration for any program with as much work to do to build a winning culture as Indiana. A short increase in success followed by a fall back to failure after your superstar coach bounces is far more toxic in my opinion than continuing to fail when there are no expectations.

Don’t know if Allen is the guy. This year is as good a time as any for him to show some real promise. Needs Penix healthy though.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Don’t know who Drax is and not sure who I attacked (other than gradman).

Life’s great actually! Wouldn’t expect you to know any of that about me though.

I made my point on the subject, IU should want a coach who wants to be here and spend the time required to make this a consistent and strong program. That should be a consideration for any program with as much work to do to build a winning culture as Indiana. A short increase in success followed by a fall back to failure after your superstar coach bounces is far more toxic in my opinion than continuing to fail when there are no expectations.

Don’t know if Allen is the guy. This year is as good a time as any for him to show some real promise. Needs Penix healthy though.

It’s going to take a lot of time to build anything here. But at the same time you can spot when a coach isn’t good enough. Allen isn’t good enough. This team has regressed on defense and in discipline. But if someone wants to build IU and actually does it and leaves for Michigan or USC or something, we should be grateful they brought us that success.

4 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

It’s going to take a lot of time to build anything here. But at the same time you can spot when a coach isn’t good enough. Allen isn’t good enough. This team has regressed on defense and in discipline. But if someone wants to build IU and actually does it and leaves for Michigan or USC or something, we should be grateful they brought us that success.

Agreed. If we have success, it wouldn't be a short term gain for a long term loss. Success breeds success. I would suspect that a great hire is more indicative of a stable athletic program and an Athletic Director who's good at spotting talent, which would lead me to believe it could be replicated. Think of the Butler way. They had Matta, then Stevens, then Holtmann

Agreed. If we have success, it wouldn't be a short term gain for a long term loss. Success breeds success. I would suspect that a great hire is more indicative of a stable athletic program and an Athletic Director who's good at spotting talent, which would lead me to believe it could be replicated. Think of the Butler way. They had Matta, then Stevens, then Holtmann

The Butler Way isn’t growing on trees. They also benefit from the same advantages that IU has - basketball is the #1 passion in their state and they have a large and talented in-state recruiting pool. I’m trying and failing to think of a football program that was a football first school that was able to go from Indiana’s level to consistent bowl winner even through coaching changes.

I’m all for hiring the next up and coming coach - I have serious doubts that someone could get Indiana in a sustainable place in only a few years. This is the second worst (I believe in terms of record) FBS program in the country we’re taking about.

Meanwhile, Allen is doing some of the best recruiting this program has ever seen (I know 11th in the B1G). Hiring a coach with no head coaching experience to build a program is a risky move. We’ll see how things go this year.

In my mind, he just needs to make a bowl to capitalize on the recruiting and build momentum.

If someone actually did it - absolutely! If a (just for ease of communicating this point) Jeff Brohm type wanted to spend 5 years or so at Indiana really giving it a shot, I say sign them up. Les Miles in the twilight of his career? Not sure I see that as a recipe for success. Luckily, with that specific example, we have a pretty good comparative case study - Kansas is as bad or worse than Indiana and plays in a strong conference.

If someone actually did it - absolutely! If a (just for ease of communicating this point) Jeff Brohm type wanted to spend 5 years or so at Indiana really giving it a shot, I say sign them up. Les Miles in the twilight of his career? Not sure I see that as a recipe for success. Luckily, with that specific example, we have a pretty good comparative case study - Kansas is as bad or worse than Indiana and plays in a strong conference.

Kansas is bad now but they’ve been good. Indiana is arguably the worst football program in college football history. But it’s kind of a beautiful thing in a way. But I will say that Indiana was onto something under Wilson and hella confused under Allen. Wilson was at least giving us an offense to at least watch and we knew the defense would suck. Under Allen it’s been confusion on offense and continued bad play on defense. So I personally think Indiana needs to bring someone in who can sell tickets and hit that 6 win mark. Because if you can consistently hit that 6 win mark, you’re going to win 7 or 8 every now and then. Look at a team like Oklahoma State or Texas Tech. They aren’t national championship contenders but they have been crazy fun to watch. Oklahoma State has a good coach and they have an identity. So #1 would be setting a legitimate identity not crappy ELE or whatever it is. High flying offense that’s as fast as can possibly be and a defense that’s just there with some lucky breaks at times or a smash mouth offense that takes up as much clock as possible and a stingy defense. #2 would be a sort of rebranding. As in new uniforms and helmets. And I’m talking like awesome uniforms and not the basic stuff we have been getting. Sweet helmets that actually look great which we haven’t gotten. The adding of a color like black or gray as accents or even main uniform colors. #3 is creating an almost overloading of social media. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube and whatever else there is. You should be able to find highlight video after highlight video of Indiana football on YouTube(same for basketball). For players and the team. That’s something that Indiana themselves should be doing as well as fans capable of doing it. Because it is tough. But Indiana has to start with an actual vision and Allen doesn’t have that. Wilson at least had a vision and it started to work. So we will see if anything really ever happens like that. I’m crossing my fingers.

Cam Cameron had teams that were "crazy fun to watch," and his record was the same as Allen's has been.  Never more than 5 wins a season.  He also tried black jerseys and it failed miserably.  That's not the answer; and kids don't care.   A carousel of coaches isn't the answer, either.  The only thing Indiana can do is build a brand of their own as Mike Leach did w Texas Tech.  (Oklahoma State's not a great comparison because we don't have T. Boone Pickens)    I haven't defended and won't defend Tom Allen, but unless we can go get the next Mike Leach, Allen's recruiting classes are improving dramatically compared to some 10 years ago, and we may HAVE that consistent 6 win team you speak of.   You're writing off this season as if it's not what you're after, and we don't know yet.

I'm completely on board with the poor tackling, way too frequent personal fouls and phony toughness of Allen's defense; and his loyalty to a weak quarterback is baffling.   I just don't think constant coach turnover is the answer, and I certainly don't blame Fred Glass.

4 hours ago, Old Friend said:

Cam Cameron had teams that were "crazy fun to watch," and his record was the same as Allen's has been.  Never more than 5 wins a season.  He also tried black jerseys and it failed miserably.  That's not the answer; and kids don't care.   A carousel of coaches isn't the answer, either.  The only thing Indiana can do is build a brand of their own as Mike Leach did w Texas Tech.  (Oklahoma State's not a great comparison because we don't have T. Boone Pickens)    I haven't defended and won't defend Tom Allen, but unless we can go get the next Mike Leach, Allen's recruiting classes are improving dramatically compared to some 10 years ago, and we may HAVE that consistent 6 win team you speak of.   You're writing off this season as if it's not what you're after, and we don't know yet.

I'm completely on board with the poor tackling, way too frequent personal fouls and phony toughness of Allen's defense; and his loyalty to a weak quarterback is baffling.   I just don't think constant coach turnover is the answer, and I certainly don't blame Fred Glass.

I've been reading a lot of your posts and you seem to be totally against the notion of "throwing money at it" whether it be basketball or football. I certainly don't want an ever revolving door of coaches, but just in the case of football - should Glass be above criticism for the coaching search, or quite frankly the lack there of, that led to Allen? He may not have wanted to lose Allen after the improvement he spearheaded on the defensive side of the ball, and a lot of us fans would agree with that idea, but it doesn't change the fact that that's no way to make a hire of the head coaching position in a Power 5 conference. This was in an offseason that Les Miles, P.J Fleck and Brohm were all available. You've said that Les Miles wasn't coming to Bloomington and maybe you'd say the same for Fleck and Brohm, but in my eyes, the lack of a proper coaching search falls squarely on Glass and no one else and just appears that IU is saving a buck.

You may have addressed this already, so apologies if you have, I don't post a lot but I read daily and this is something I've just been chewing on for a bit now. IUFB has never been good in my lifetime so that doesn't fall on Glass, but that lack of a proper search can't go without criticism in my eyes when the reality is football and basketball are the revenue producers. Bball will always make the lionshare, but no reason for IUFB not to attempt to hold up their end of the bargain and conducting an actual coaching search isn't "throwing money at it" in my option it's just the Glass's responsibility as AD. Just my $0.02

18 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

If we're going to have a 5 win team, I'd rather have an exciting 5 win team that is also doing things (no matter how far-fetched) to help them build momentum and win more games. Black Uniforms signal that the status quo needs changing. It may not lead to any wins, but what it does is signal to the fanbase; "Hey, we're trying to build momentum and there is no stone left unturned". Showing that the coach is thinking about changing uniforms signals to me that they've thought about every possible way to win more games, and that is a good thing in my book.... Again from my previous post, if your goal is to win 8 games. You search for every possible way to get there. 

Serious question, and I don't intend for this to be attacking. But do you think Fred Glass should keep his job? Do you think he's done well?

1 hour ago, southernindianahoosier2 said:

If we're going to have a 5 win team, I'd rather have an exciting 5 win team that is also doing things (no matter how far-fetched) to help them build momentum and win more games. Black Uniforms signal that the status quo needs changing. It may not lead to any wins, but what it does is signal to the fanbase; "Hey, we're trying to build momentum and there is no stone left unturned". Showing that the coach is thinking about changing uniforms signals to me that they've thought about every possible way to win more games, and that is a good thing in my book.... Again from my previous post, if your goal is to win 8 games. You search for every possible way to get there. 

Serious question, and I don't intend for this to be attacking. But do you think Fred Glass should keep his job? Do you think he's done well?

First point....I don't think black jerseys signal anything but a marketing money grab.  Black isn't one of our colors, and I'd rather stay away from it.    You could sell me something different within a color scheme, but black jerseys with all of the red and white everywhere just don't fit in my opinion.  One reason is I have no interest in wearing a primary color of our main rival.

To answer your question, I need to ask you one.  What do you think Fred Glass' job is?  His bosses want and wanted  him to improve IU Athletics overall, increase donations. Improve facilities, and develop the IU brand while staying in the black financially.    He has done ALL of those things.     Has he handled football perfectly?  No.  But..  the reality is compared only to history....Indiana is winning, on average, more games per season right now than they ever have save for a few exceptions.   That truth sucks, too.  So.....yeah, given the reality of Fred Glass' job as dictated by his superiors, he should absolutely keep his job.  If IU makes a bowl game and you and others see the necessary improvement on the basketball floor, I truly don't know what you can argue about in that vein.  If Indiana goes 5-7 or worse again, Tom Allen's seat SHOULD be pretty hot, and I imagine it will be.   I believe he earned the opportunity.   You may disagree.  Keeping him without success would be a mistake,  but I don't believe giving him the opportunity necessarily was.  Hindsight is what it is, and with the benefit of it, it's easy to comment about what should have happened.    There are a whole lot of "should have's" in my life 

30 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

First point....I don't think black jerseys signal anything but a marketing money grab.  Black isn't one of our colors, and I'd rather stay away from it.    You could sell me something different within a color scheme, but black jerseys with all of the red and white everywhere just don't fit in my opinion.  One reason is I have no interest in wearing a primary color of our main rival.

To answer your question, I need to ask you one.  What do you think Fred Glass' job is?  His bosses want and wanted  him to improve IU Athletics overall, increase donations. Improve facilities, and develop the IU brand while staying in the black financially.    He has done ALL of those things.     Has he handled football perfectly?  No.  But..  the reality is compared only to history....Indiana is winning, on average, more games per season right now than they ever have save for a few exceptions.   That truth sucks, too.  So.....yeah, given the reality of Fred Glass' job as dictated by his superiors, he should absolutely keep his job.  If IU makes a bowl game and you and others see the necessary improvement on the basketball floor, I truly don't know what you can argue about in that vein.  If Indiana goes 5-7 or worse again, Tom Allen's seat SHOULD be pretty hot, and I imagine it will be.   I believe he earned the opportunity.   You may disagree.  Keeping him without success would be a mistake,  but I don't believe giving him the opportunity necessarily was.  Hindsight is what it is, and with the benefit of it, it's easy to comment about what should have happened.    There are a whole lot of "should have's" in my life 

I asked you this a couple days ago, but you didn't answer. Do you think the athletic director at Duke or Kentucky (or insert any other blue blood) is keeping his job when their basketball team misses the tournament in 7 of 11 seasons? You continue to say that basketball is king at IU while ignoring the fact that the program has largely been an embarrassment during Glass's tenure. 

3 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I asked you this a couple days ago, but you didn't answer. Do you think the athletic director at Duke or Kentucky (or insert any other blue blood) is keeping his job when their basketball team misses the tournament in 7 of 11 seasons? You continue to say that basketball is king at IU while ignoring the fact that the program has largely been an embarrassment during Glass's tenure. 

IU won 2 Big Ten titles under Crean.  Spaced out 3 seasons apart.  When was Glass supposed to fire Crean during that time???   You're myopic rather than realistic.    When it was time to let Crean go, Glass did.  What would you have done differently?  

IU became embarrassing in basketball when we hired Mike Davis, then extended him because the NAACP threatened to storm campus if IU didn't.  Then again when Adam Herbert demanded a minority replace Davis, and we ended up with Kelvin Sampson.  This goes back way before Fred Glass and like I keep telling YOU....way higher.

What is it you're hung up on?  Crean DIDN'T keep his job.  He was fired 3 seasons after a Big Ten title because he couldn't be consistent or make a Sweet 16.  He was here 9 years.  The first 2 or 3 of which were a dumpster fire not of his creation.    Then, he made the NCAa tournament, beat Kentucky,  won 2 Big Ten titles....    when was the time to fire him then?   Giving a coach just 2 seasons is generally suicide because it sends a message to anyone else who might want the job.  Take a step back.  What are you really asking?  What's your point different than mine other than yoi'd have liked s better search when Wilson was fired?  

IU won 2 Big Ten titles under Crean.  Spaced out 3 seasons apart.  When was Glass supposed to fire Crean during that time???   You're myopic rather than realistic.    When it was time to let Crean go, Glass did.  What would you have done differently?  
IU became embarrassing in basketball when we hired Mike Davis, then extended him because the NAACP threatened to storm campus if IU didn't.  Then again when Adam Herbert demanded a minority replace Davis, and we ended up with Kelvin Sampson.  This goes back way before Fred Glass and like I keep telling YOU....way higher.
What is it you're hung up on?  Crean DIDN'T keep his job.  He was fired 3 seasons after a Big Ten title because he couldn't be consistent or make a Sweet 16.  He was here 9 years.  The first 2 or 3 of which were a dumpster fire not of his creation.    Then, he made the NCAa tournament, beat Kentucky,  won 2 Big Ten titles....    when was the time to fire him then?   Giving a coach just 2 seasons is generally suicide because it sends a message to anyone else who might want the job.  Take a step back.  What are you really asking?  What's your point different than mine other than yoi'd have liked s better search when Wilson was fired?  

You’re still not answering the question. Duke, Kentucky, UNC and Kansas are all basketball first schools. If they went through the same 7 of 11 missed seasons as IU has, do you think they are keeping around their AD just because the swimming and golf have good teams?

24 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

You’re still not answering the question. Duke, Kentucky, UNC and Kansas are all basketball first schools. If they went through the same 7 of 11 missed seasons as IU has, do you think they are keeping around their AD just because the swimming and golf have good teams?

Then complain about the right people.  Glass isn't going to fire himself.  You made my point for me.  Good grief.

37 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

What I hear you saying is that in order for Fred to keep his job he needs to:

1.improve IU Athletics overall.

2.increase donations. Improve facilities.

3.develop the IU brand while staying in the black financially.

-We are in agreement that McRobbie does not account for W/L's in Fred's Performance Evaluation.

But if you are Fred, and supposedly a fan, why would he only do the bare minimum to keep your job? Why take a job as an AD, if you're not competitive and want to win? This is why I think there is a huge disconnect with Fred and the Fans. The fans want to win, Fred wants to survive in his role.