Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

YeA bUt ThEy SpEnT mOnEy On A nEw LoCkEr RoOm.

Literally everyone’s answer on Twitter when you tell them that IU doesn’t care about athletics anymore. It’s all about academics and virtue signaling.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

And we were the last Big10 team to spend money on something like that

Do something about it or go whine like a little ***** somewhere else  

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

First this is a thread where we can complain about the idiot administration. Glass is not an AD, he’s a lawyer who know what he’s doing. His body of works says as such. He will never get another AD job in the entire world after IU. His administration is worse than 1930’s Germany when it comes to censorship in the media. He’s made 2 wrong decisions to keep Crean and then made a questionable coaching fire and then hire with football.

Second, we can all vote for Brian Davidson for BOT as he is running on a sports first platform. That’s what we can do about it

Can we please....PLEASE turn this thread into what it should be, and that's "Get Rid of McRobbie" thread?   Fred Glass reports to Michael McRobbie.  All THAT man cares about is making money and staying out of the news for the wrong reasons, and guess what?  IU does both.

Fred Glass may be a puppet, but firing him does no good because we'd just get another puppet.  Until McRobbie is gone, nothing will change.  Fred Glass, according to McRobbie is doing his job.  Winning would be great (and Glass is an alum and a fan like all of us); but that is NOT the barometer by which Fred Glass will be measured. 

Same guys complaining about him time and time and time again; and the story is still the same.  The answer is still the same.  Yes he is a lawyer.  But he does know what he's doing.  He just isn't "doing" what you want him to do.  Or how you want him to do it.   But he doesn't report to you.  He reports to Michael McRobbie and the BOT.   The athlete bill of rights was incredibly stupid.  Yes...he thought it was trail-blazing.  He was shocked nobody followed suit; and it hamstrings coaches.  Archie will never yell at a kid the way Izzo yelled at Henry.    That's not allowed at Indiana.  But...that decree is more than Glass.   It's way higher than that.  So fellas...please stop bitching about Glass.   Nobody we hire will be able to do any better than he has as long as Michael McRobbie is the president of Indiana University.    This "fire Glass" thing is really getting old because doing so would accomplish nothing.

Can we please....PLEASE turn this thread into what it should be, and that's "Get Rid of McRobbie" thread?   Fred Glass reports to Michael McRobbie.  All THAT man cares about is making money and staying out of the news for the wrong reasons, and guess what?  IU does both.
Fred Glass may be a puppet, but firing him does no good because we'd just get another puppet.  Until McRobbie is gone, nothing will change.  Fred Glass, according to McRobbie is doing his job.  Winning would be great (and Glass is an alum and a fan like all of us); but that is NOT the barometer by which Fred Glass will be measured. 
Same guys complaining about him time and time and time again; and the story is still the same.  The answer is still the same.  Yes he is a lawyer.  But he does know what he's doing.  He just isn't "doing" what you want him to do.  Or how you want him to do it.   But he doesn't report to you.  He reports to Michael McRobbie and the BOT.   The athlete bill of rights was incredibly stupid.  Yes...he thought it was trail-blazing.  He was shocked nobody followed suit; and it hamstrings coaches.  Archie will never yell at a kid the way Izzo yelled at Henry.    That's not allowed at Indiana.  But...that decree is more than Glass.   It's way higher than that.  So fellas...please stop bitching about Glass.   Nobody we hire will be able to do any better than he has as long as Michael McRobbie is the president of Indiana University.    This "fire Glass" thing is really getting old because doing so would accomplish nothing.

Why can’t we fire both?

Triggered, no. Find it stupid, absolutely. And look where it has gotten IU. Nowhere. It’s actually went backwards.

What’s stupid is that you don’t seem to understand what virtue signaling actually means, but you claim our sports program is doing it.

58 minutes ago, Iugradman said:

This is a thread dedicated to advocating the dismissal of Fred Glass. No one is forcing anyone to read it.

As for staying out of the news, IU has had nothing but bad publicity because of its poor athletics performance. Does no one there get that?

Really? You want change and Old friend is telling you where the real problem is and you respond by saying don’t read the thread? Hahaha. Now I know you don’t really want change for the better, you just want to troll. Carry on. 

29 minutes ago, Iugradman said:

McRobbie didn’t make Fred hire a high school coach to lead the football program, or neglect to address the issues that plagued Crean’s time at IU. McRobbie is a problem, but Fred is also a crappy AD.

You don’t fire Fred and keep the president or the results will stay the same. You don’t know what restraints are on Fred when hiring coaches. To be honest I don’t really care about IU football as long as they make money. It’s basketball that I care about. It’s basketball on which he will be vindicated or fired for. But the next AD will still have the same issues if the top stays the same. 

Would you have fired Wilson with the issues he had?

Just now, TXHoosierDaddy said:

Anyone know why Glass hasn't been vocal on this front at all? Seems like someone should put some pressure on the NCAA rather than keep quiet since this is a huge piece to the IU football puzzle.

OSU and Georgia didn’t fight the transfers. Is Utah disputing it on Tuttle? When Shea Patterson went to Michigan Ole Miss fought it. So they didn't know until summer I believe. 

5 minutes ago, Feathery said:

OSU and Georgia didn’t fight the transfers. Is Utah disputing it on Tuttle? When Shea Patterson went to Michigan Ole Miss fought it. So they didn't know until summer I believe. 

I haven't heard anything about Utah disputing it. Tuttle only took part in spring practices last year but never played for the Utes so to me his case is even easier than a guy like Fields who appeared in 12 actual games. Tuttle announced IU in December whereas Fields (Georgia to OSU) and Martell (OSU to Miami) both announced in January. Seems like a major case of favoritism here. 

8 minutes ago, TXHoosierDaddy said:

I haven't heard anything about Utah disputing it. Tuttle only took part in spring practices last year but never played for the Utes so to me his case is even easier than a guy like Fields who appeared in 12 actual games. Tuttle announced IU in December whereas Fields (Georgia to OSU) and Martell (OSU to Miami) both announced in January. Seems like a major case of favoritism here. 

Fields was claiming racism for leaving Georgia. Georgia wanted no part of that media storm, so they didn’t dispute it. Not sure what Tate claimed. If there is any dispute about immediate eligibility, then the NCAA has to investigate. 

8 minutes ago, Feathery said:

Fields was claiming racism for leaving Georgia. Georgia wanted no part of that media storm, so they didn’t dispute it. Not sure what Tate claimed. If there is any dispute about immediate eligibility, then the NCAA has to investigate. 

The real story is both QB's were going to be back ups again this year, which was plain as day but Fields did use that to get out of dodge. I haven't seen anything about Utah disputing it and if they do Glass absolutely needs to come out and be vocal about it. I finally see IU beat writers posting the story all over twitter but our administration gets paid the big bucks for a reason and this should be an easy decision for the NCAA and something IU needs to be putting pressure on the NCAA about. Fields and Martell were granted eligibility over a month ago What's the hold up on Tuttle? 

2 hours ago, Iugradman said:

This is a thread dedicated to advocating the dismissal of Fred Glass. No one is forcing anyone to read it.

As for staying out of the news, IU has had nothing but bad publicity because of its poor athletics performance. Does no one there get that?

1)  Fine....keep barking up the wrong tree.  Your choice.   But the dismissal of Fred Glass will net exactly zero because he is merely the face of the problem.   McRobbie would replace him with another puppet with whom you would be equally dis-satisfied.  Why don't YOU get that?

2)   Not the point.  

12 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

There’s no accountability except to public anger. 

I know.  McRobbie and the BOT don't care so they won't hold him accountable.  Don't get me wrong, Glass absolutely 100% needs to go but McRobbie needs to go with him.

Accountability, not patience, is what's needed.

1 hour ago, TXHoosierDaddy said:

Anyone know why Glass hasn't been vocal on this front at all? Seems like someone should put some pressure on the NCAA rather than keep quiet since this is a huge piece to the IU football puzzle.

How does anyone know if he has been vocal with the NCAA about this or not?