Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

25 minutes ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

If it takes hiring a cheat, I'll miss the Tournament.

Sent from my SM-G960U using 

7 minutes ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

I'm not Naive. I know what is going on in College Basketball. However, I have morals I won't compromise for successful team.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Well....it would not be you compromising anything.

I'm not Naive. I know what is going on in College Basketball. However, I have morals I won't compromise for successful team.  

Let’s not do the morals thing. I have them in spades.

College football and basketball has long been a semi pro league league with different ways of funding the participants.

Let’s talk about the morals of the NCAA? That’s why they don’t bust these programs. It’s all a charade generating billions of dollars.

Do the kids deserve a piece of the pie? Probably. When coaches can make 3-8 million dollars per year at a college institution to coach, we’ve got a problem.

The people taking chances on these kids are taking calculated risks. Agents, shoe companies, etc.

I think we need to clean up the whole system somehow and maybe transfer some of that money around.

Playing the “i won’t watch Indiana when they cheat” card doesn’t work for me, because if that’s the case you could stop watching now.

Romeo, Thomas Bryant, Vonleh weren’t your traditional recruits.

I don’t have the answers but unless we get on the level we won’t win at the highest level.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Frankly I have a hard time believing we beat out the bids from Kansas just because....

I said from the beginning of the Romeo recruitment that I didn’t like the company of our competition. He was UofL bound before the shut down the game...

56 minutes ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

Sure I would if I continue to support a team that cheats to be successful.

It is my opinion that you would never know.  But I understand what you are saying.  I just do not think our fandom of any team should be a reflection of our character.  This stuff is for entertainment.  The more a team wins....the More entertaining it is.

I said from the beginning of the Romeo recruitment that I didn’t like the company of our competition. He was UofL bound before the shut down the game...

I thought his dad got money for his basketball club from Adidas. Thought most thought it was shady but legal

Sent from my SM-G960U using BtownBanners mobile app

It is my opinion that you would never know.  But I understand what you are saying.  I just do not think our fandom of any team should be a reflection of our character.  This stuff is for entertainment.  The more a team wins....the More entertaining it is.
That is true. I likely wouldn't know unless it came out. But if it did come out it was happening, I would be calling for the staff to get fired.

As corrupt as the NCAA is, if IU were winning at the level we should expect the NCAA wouldn't proactively touch them.  Even with Samsung, IU screwed up by self-reporting and self-sanctioning.  Same reason pUKe, UNC, etc go untouched; NCAA doesn't want the black eye that comes with hammering their big money programs.

I'm not condoning what goes on but that's how it is with the NCAA.

Just now, JSHoosier said:

As corrupt as the NCAA is, if IU were winning at the level we should expect the NCAA wouldn't proactively touch them.  Even with Samsung, IU screwed up by self-reporting and self-sanctioning.  Same reason pUKe, UNC, etc go untouched; NCAA doesn't want the black eye that comes with hammering their big money programs.

Yep......dumbest thing a program to do is self report.  Why Kansas, Duke, North Carolina and all the true Blue Bloods have never been in trouble....they don't rat themselves out.   NCAA couldn't find a piece of tail in a w h ore house on $1 night :)

You dont ever self report. It has set us back 11 years

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Yeah, Bruce Pearl would be fun at Indiana. And we’d win. Imagine that.

Bruce Pearl would win big here. College basketball has proven itself to reward those who cheat, as long as they deny wrongdoing.  It’s been over 40 years for us. I’m ready to win. As long as we aren’t paying hookers to polish......never mind. If the only rules we are breaking are NCAA Rules and not federal crimes, count me in.

On 3/30/2019 at 10:49 AM, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Some people haven’t paid attention to the landscape of college basketball.

It’s not just the Kansas, UNC, Dukes, Kentucky’s of the world.

Miami, Uconn, Syracuse, Arizona, Creighton, Oregon, UCLA, Texas, LSU and on and on and on and on.

It’s also not just the 5 stars.

It’s not just the old fashioned ways using boosters. Schools are much smarter now. Other ways to move money.

We need to pull our heads out of the sand.

Unfortunate truth! No consequences for shady actions breeds Cold War for cheating!  FBI stuff that has come out barely touches the surface of what goes on. Otherwise ya end up with Nebrasketball — sadly that’s kinda where we’re at, as much as we don’t want to be.   I promise you Zion and his peeps got paid in a big big way! K and the Duke/Nike infrastructure have just institutionalized it to a degree that it is covered up tightly. Sad state of things, but reality.

You don’t fire a AD when he just hired a young coach for your flagship program. It would be asinine. It would change the dynamic for Archie and put him under pressure that’s not needed. He is just starting to get his program going and you don’t disrupt that bc fans want blood for years past. EVERYONE needs to move on from what happened during the Crean years. They are over, done, finished. Get on board and support this coach. The constant negativity by a fraction of the fan base is embarrassing and shows lack of perspective. I’ve been saying for 2 years, that nobody will know what we actually have until after year 3. At that point complain away, or more likely you will be happy with the trajectory. 

This Indiana he should be under pressure! Everyone should be held accountable!

23 minutes ago, BlueDevil2aHoosier said:

Honestly no BS aside, what does “This is Indiana” mean these days.

I believe it is what teachers say when they are pointing at Indiana on a Map.....that seems to be it these days unfortunately.