Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

1 hour ago, finky said:

Serious rebuild?   What does that even mean?   The first year Crean Coached at IU....that is a serious rebuild.  Archie just took over a mediocre team.

Lol I was being sarcastic. But this is what the Athletic Department seriously believes. 

I think that Fred Glass hasn't ever had an original thought and he just hired "the hottest young coach" without ever doing any serious interviewing. Had he done any sort of research we probably would have ended up with Holtmann. 

2 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

Could you imagine if Glass got canned and Archie turned out to be a home run hire? Awkward

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Again, 7 missed tournaments in 11 years. And after listening to the Hoosier Hysteria Podcast, our athletic department is not well respected in the Big10. You fire him, so that in the event Archie needs to go in 2 years, you have a fairly seasoned AD that can make a great hire. 

2 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

I mean he’s already had 1 big hire in Wilson and he tied himself to Crean with that stupid extension. 

You don’t fire a AD when he just hired a young coach for your flagship program. It would be asinine. It would change the dynamic for Archie and put him under pressure that’s not needed. He is just starting to get his program going and you don’t disrupt that bc fans want blood for years past. EVERYONE needs to move on from what happened during the Crean years. They are over, done, finished. Get on board and support this coach. The constant negativity by a fraction of the fan base is embarrassing and shows lack of perspective. I’ve been saying for 2 years, that nobody will know what we actually have until after year 3. At that point complain away, or more likely you will be happy with the trajectory. 

44 minutes ago, Feathery said:

You don’t fire a AD when he just hired a young coach for your flagship program. It would be asinine. It would change the dynamic for Archie and put him under pressure that’s not needed. He is just starting to get his program going and you don’t disrupt that bc fans want blood for years past. EVERYONE needs to move on from what happened during the Crean years. They are over, done, finished. Get on board and support this coach. The constant negativity by a fraction of the fan base is embarrassing and shows lack of perspective. I’ve been saying for 2 years, that nobody will know what we actually have until after year 3. At that point complain away, or more likely you will be happy with the trajectory. 

Or you hire a new D and explain he doesn’t just get to clean house to get his own guys. 

8 hours ago, Cheaney2002 said:

That would be offset by what he earns at his next gig.  Crean is earning 3.5M at GA so Archies buyout would in all likelihood be near zero.

Crean's earning that much simply because he's coaching at an SEC "football factory" that can afford to throw that much at its BB coach.

If AM were let go by Indiana, I seriously doubt if he'd be able to land a $3.5 Mil a year gig--more like half that, maybe $2 Mil a year, with IU on the hook for the full difference, at least until March of 2022.

Add in the $25-$30 Mil for his replacement, and I suspect you'd be more likely to see McRobbie spend it on another academic building than on a new basketball coach.

This is a safe space for those who want to complain.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

9 hours ago, southernindianahoosier2 said:

Kentucky has made 7 Elite 8’s in 10 years, while IU has missed the tournament 7 out of 11 years. All are under Fred Glass’ watch.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Would you want Calipari as head coach?

Kentucky has made 7 Elite 8’s in 10 years, while IU has missed the tournament 7 out of 11 years. All are under Fred Glass’ watch.

I hate kentucky but we have made one elite 8 in 25 years. Sad.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Bailey7878 said:

Well to win at that level you have to be shady. Sean miller, self, williams, etc are all shady.

Not what I asked. Would you want to have one of them be the coach at IU? 

Not what I asked. Would you want to have one of them be the coach at IU? 

I’ll answer this one. One is Archie’s brother who he spent working under for several seasons. The others are winning and nothing seems to be happening to them either. College basketball is mostly a shady business. North Carolina, Kansas, Auburn, Michigan St, Kentucky Louisville and so on, all have had something shady going on with their coaching staff or their program. To be the best you have to beat the best. Give me Bruce Pearl and a Cold Beer and I will be happy watching IU be relevant once again!

I’ll answer this one. One is Archie’s brother who he spent working under for several seasons. The others are winning and nothing seems to be happening to them either. College basketball is mostly a shady business. North Carolina, Kansas, Auburn, Michigan St, Kentucky Louisville and so on, all have had something shady going on with their coaching staff or their program. To be the best you have to beat the best. Give me Bruce Pearl and a Cold Beer and I will be happy watching IU be relevant once again!

Yeah i mean if you want high end success year in and out now you almost have to beat shady. Sean Miller was bad this year without all those 5 stars.

Chris beard is a rare exception of a guy who can do it without the five star route or going shady

Yeah, Bruce Pearl would be fun at Indiana. And we’d win. Imagine that.

If it takes hiring a cheat, I'll miss the Tournament.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

If it takes hiring a cheat, I'll miss the Tournament.

Some people haven’t paid attention to the landscape of college basketball.

It’s not just the Kansas, UNC, Dukes, Kentucky’s of the world.

Miami, Uconn, Syracuse, Arizona, Creighton, Oregon, UCLA, Texas, LSU and on and on and on and on.

It’s also not just the 5 stars.

It’s not just the old fashioned ways using boosters. Schools are much smarter now. Other ways to move money.

We need to pull our heads out of the sand.

Some people haven’t paid attention to the landscape of college basketball.

It’s not just the Kansas, UNC, Dukes, Kentucky’s of the world.

Miami, Uconn, Syracuse, Arizona, Creighton, Oregon, UCLA, Texas, LSU and on and on and on and on.

It’s also not just the 5 stars.

It’s not just the old fashioned ways using boosters. Schools are much smarter now. Other ways to move money. It can be done without cheating.

We need to pull our heads out of the sand.

I'm not Naive. I know what is going on in College Basketball. However, I have morals I won't compromise for successful team.