Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Honestly, If I were the AD and Chris Beard, who was the associate head coach under Bob Knight at Texas Tech, takes his team to the final four after losing 5 of his 7 top scorers from the team prior, I would fire Archie on the spot maybe and hire Chris Beard. 

We have a better chance of pulling Stevens after 3 straight titles, in the middle of a playoff run for their 4th to walk off mid playoff game and say he is coming to IU, than pull a true Bob Knight guy.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

We have a better chance of pulling Stevens after 3 straight titles, in the middle of a playoff run for their 4th to walk off mid playoff game and say he is coming to IU, than pull a true Bob Knight guy.

I think we could get beard.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Go back and tryout again so I can come watch you.

Sent from my SM-G960U using BtownBanners mobile app

Lol. That was literally the worst shooting day of my life. Was fun though. Team won both games and got to play with a kid I knew in college and hadn’t seen in years.

If we were to send Quinn we might have a chance. Unless I am wrong Quinn still feels strongly for RMK but serves at IU.

Yeah but he ain’t coaching at IU. I get what you are saying. But I just feel this is on another level since Pat didn’t end up getting the job and everything else. I am an Archie fan. I would do anything I could to get Beard. I think he will be that good.

Yeah but he ain’t coaching at IU. I get what you are saying. But I just feel this is on another level since Pat didn’t end up getting the job and everything else. I am an Archie fan. I would do anything I could to get Beard. I think he will be that good.

If I am the AD I’m telling Chris Beard to stay at tech for one more year and then I’m firing Archie after next to get Beard. 4 mil a year. He’s the best coach I’ve seen that’s available since maybe Stevens.

Because Beard was and is close with Bob Knight. He wouldn’t cross him like that.

Knight is in failing health they say. You really think he would turn down 6 million from iu for knight? IU would never offer that so its a mute point but I think he would consider it. The thing is IU has the money they just wont go big like a Kansas would.

If I am the AD I’m telling Chris Beard to stay at tech for one more year and then I’m firing Archie after next to get Beard. 4 mil a year. He’s the best coach I’ve seen that’s available since maybe Stevens.

The thing is beard could be gone by then. You get him now if you can. If enough boosters and the BOT wants archie out now not much fred can do. I want archie succeed but if you can get beard you make the change now.

Beard is staying or I really believe he’s going to 1 of 2 Pac12 schools. Fredinator doesn’t have the balls to make a move like that.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

His name is Cool Dad, lol

At this point I would 100% make the move if possible.