Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

10 minutes ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

So you are ok with cheating? Gotcha

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Is something really cheating if the governing body chooses to ignore it?

jaywalking is illegal but nobody would call you a criminal for doing it. Because it’s not enforced. 

13 minutes ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

You ever go online and find a site with the wacky laws every state has? e.g. You can't have an ostrich unless they're wearing diapers at all times.

That's what the NCAA is at this point. It's up to each school if they want to turn themselves in for such archaic and imbecilic laws.

14 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Is something really cheating if the governing body chooses to ignore it?

jaywalking is illegal but nobody would call you a criminal for doing it. Because it’s not enforced. 

The NCAA takes it seriously....if you're a program no one gives a crap about or you self-report.

36 minutes ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

I don't want IU to have advantages over all the other schools. I just want us recruiting on a level playing field. The NCAA knows that schools are cheating. They know it happens and they don't care. They let it keep happening without repercussions. We're only hurting ourselves by claiming moral superiority and handicapping the program. 

I don't want IU to have advantages over all the other schools. I just want us recruiting on a level playing field. The NCAA knows that schools are cheating. They know it happens and they don't care. They let it keep happening without repercussions. We're only hurting ourselves by claiming moral superiority and handicapping the program. 

This has been my stance all along.

NCAA is a cash cow. They know these players deserve some of the money. It’s an elaborate, scandalous system making a mockery of amateurism.

This has been their chosen path for a long while.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

7 hours ago, Gahoosierfan said:

It is too bad the BOT is so political. I question the competence of most of them. 

This is the real problem.   Most of us are sports fans who want our teams to win.  The BOT is a political group (which actually includes someone who is a realtor's assistant.....that's her profession) who wants to keep their positions and oversee a university for purposes which have nothing to do with the success of anything.   

46 minutes ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

Just because a person isnt caught or ticketed, doesn't mean a law isn't being broken.

I get what you are saying. But from my experience that logic leads to the fact that every IU student during my 10 years in Bloomington is a criminal. 

You guys realize that the NCAA is as corrupt as the IOC and FIFA, and they pick and choose who to punish for “violations” and the chosen punishment.

For example School A and school B could violate the same rule but only school B gets punished while school A skates (or gets a much weaker punishment) because they are too valuable to the NCAA.

I want NO PART in IU getting in the dirt because then you are at the whim of the NCAA and their wheel of punishment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You guys realize that the NCAA is as corrupt as the IOC and FIFA, and they pick and choose who to punish for “violations” and the chosen punishment.

For example School A and school B could violate the same rule but only school B gets punished while school A skates (or gets a much weaker punishment) because they are too valuable to the NCAA.

I want NO PART in IU getting in the dirt because then you are at the whim of the NCAA and their wheel of punishment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This

This has been my stance all along.

NCAA is a cash cow. They know these players deserve some of the money. It’s an elaborate, scandalous system making a mockery of amateurism.

This has been their chosen path for a long while.

The question is, how much money would a player get? Can’t give Zion more than the girl sitting the bench for the field hockey team.

46 minutes ago, Joe DeLow said:

The question is, how much money would a player get? Can’t give Zion more than the girl sitting the bench for the field hockey team.

Make revenue generating sports athletes employees of the university, this gets around title IX. Not all employees get paid the same. Pay them 30-40k plus free tuition, tutoring, housing, meals, etc. 

edit: Get the pro leagues to take players at younger ages and this conversations goes away. If kids want to be professionals, then go to a professional league. 

Make revenue generating sports athletes employees of the university, this gets around title IX. Not all employees get paid the same. Pay them 30-40k plus free tuition, tutoring, housing, meals, etc. 
edit: Get the pro leagues to take players at younger ages and this conversations goes away. If kids want to be professionals, then go to a professional league. 

So we’d be looking at what? 20-30 schools who could actually afford that? Or are only a couple players getting paid? The NCAA would limit it at some point.

It seems like there is a tremendous amount of dissatisfaction all across the country with the NCAA on enforcement issues. Yet Mark Emmert is still there. Why don't conferences do something about it?

1 minute ago, Gahoosierfan said:

It seems like there is a tremendous amount of dissatisfaction all across the country with the NCAA on enforcement issues. Yet Mark Emmert is still there. Why don't conferences do something about it?

The conferences themselves benefit from the lack of enforcement.