Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Revisionist and honestly wrong. He wouldn’t have done that here and he wouldn’t have lasted long enough to implement his system. He has never recruited stars. At IU when you aren’t winning instantly you have to be bringing in stars and Belein has never played the game needed to get the recruits he would/could here. We as fans would have forced a move five years into his tenure. Long before he put up wins he has at Michigan. He just wouldn’t work here. Our fans are not patient enough.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app
Great post. 100% accurate.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Ehhh it kinda does cut it unfortunately.. See all seasons since 2002 for evidence.
I said it doesn't matter how bad we have been. If you make final twice here and dont win it you may not get fired but would be hated by many. If we started out like Michigan did this year and lost the big ten we would be up in arms about how he failed. If he loses early in NCAA tournament this year add some more hatred his way.

Sent from my SM-G960U using BtownBanners mobile app

The bottom line is whether the BoT cares. If they truly cared about basketball and other sports we wouldn’t be in the current situation. IU basketball has been in a Petri dish since RMK was fired. There have been too many influences on the athletics department that are just happy it produces revenue and doesn’t get in too much trouble. If that’s how the BoT and president want it that’s how it will be.

If we didn’t have the tradition and history of success we wouldn’t be different than Nebraska, Rutgers, or Minnesota. We have big time donors that care about the program. It would be nice to see some of those donors unite and say enough is enough and fix it.

We might not be able to compete with the Ohio States, Michigan’s, and Penn States of the football world but they shouldn’t be on our level of basketball either. It all comes down to those in charge caring and they just don’t. Plain and simple.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Beilein made the NCAA tournament in season two and won a game. He bought himself time with that. Archie made the NIT in season two.
I think bo ryan won the conference his first two years.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Beilein made the NCAA tournament in season two and won a game. He bought himself time with that. Archie made the NIT in season two.

Crean didn’t buy himself anything other than ridicule making it to the Sweet 16. I highly doubt you would have been content with one win. But glad to know you are cool about 21-14 sandwiched in between 10-22 and 15-17. I am sure there would be nobody clamoring for his head let alone wanting him fired. Guessing you would have been at the forefront of that. But I am sure in year 4 the 21-14 would have sufficed. Btw he didn’t not go beyond that second round until year 6 when he went to the title game. But I guess Davis tenure was too long and you just knew Belein would make it in the same time lmfao.

4 hours ago, mdn82 said:

The governor. He appoints 6 of the 9. The three are school related. In other words most likely he isn’t done until he wants to be done or gets caught up in a scandal.

He just won re-election two years ago, so he's there for another year minimum.I waged a mini campaign on here to rally some votes against him, but voting is in early summer so it was pretty dead in here and no one listens to me anyway lol. The interaction I've got on this thread is by far the biggest response in my decade of complaining about him. I'm expecting a cease and desist pm any time now.

After next year Holcomb can either re-appoint him or he'll have to run again. At this point it's like trying to oust a long serving congressman. A scandal might indeed be our best bet. I've got friends in low places.

1 minute ago, johnsoniu said:

He just won re-election two years ago, so he's there for another year minimum.I waged a mini campaign on here to rally some votes against him, but voting is in early summer so it was pretty dead in here and no one listens to me anyway lol. The interaction I've got on this thread is by far the biggest response in my decade of complaining about him. I'm expecting a cease and desist pm any time now.

After next year Holcomb can either re-appoint him or he'll have to run again. At this point it's like trying to oust a long serving congressman. A scandal might indeed be our best bet. I've got friends in low places.

In this day and age scandals no longer destroy unless they are perfectly timed. 

3 hours ago, Baltimore Hoosier said:

Soooo Quinn Buckner and a bunch of people who have never picked up a basketball?

Gonso was the QB on the football team that went to the Rose Bowl. I had some hope when he and Buckner were appointed. They're both in the first terms so we'll see if they can make a little difference.

Hookers and blow to the rescue!

Gonso was the QB on the football team that went to the Rose Bowl. I had some hope when he and Buckner were appointed. They're both in the first terms so we'll see if they can make a little difference.

Dakich seems to think Gonso is also the problem. Time will tell

Beilein inherited a bad situation at Michigan, similar to what Crean inherited at IU. If IU gave Crean nine years, they would have given Beilein ample time to turn things around.

That’s an interesting take. 3 top 100 players and 2 of which would go on to become NBA players. Two of which weren’t freshman. Two were top 50 players. How can you squint to see any similarity to Crean’s first season?

Beilein inherited a bad situation at Michigan, similar to what Crean inherited at IU. If IU gave Crean nine years, they would have given Beilein ample time to turn things around.

That’s an interesting take. 3 top 100 players and 2 of which would go on to become NBA players. Two of which weren’t freshman. Two were top 50 players. How can you squint to see any similarity to Crean’s first season?

IU put up with three straight 20+ loss seasons under Crean. They would have tolerated a couple down years under Beilein. This is IU. Mediocrity is enabled and even rewarded.

Don’t move the goal posts on my account.

IU was not going to fire a coach that performed the way Beilein did his first four seasons. Year five would have been a prove it season. Beilein won 24 games, a share of the regular season title, and earned a #4 seed in the tourney. He had a terrific recruiting class coming in. There was program momentum.

Agree to disagree. There wasn’t program momentum. It was a one year wonder much like you thought of Crean. At that point there wasn’t any reason to think any more. His best one year was 24 wins. You don’t think Archie deserves to be fired if he starts his IU career with 5 years like Belein did? Honestly curious. Because I am wondering why you have an issue with Archie in year two if you feel this way.