Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

You know I've pushed this for years. Hopefully some people follow thru. About time Shoulders finds someone else to glare at besides me.

Maybe if your eyes weren’t so red he wouldn’t be staring at you the whole time.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Powerful and very influential member of the BoT. Has been for a long time. He's the last member of what I call the Revenge of the Nerds clan that were going to show us simpletons that Indiana University was so much more than Bob Knight and basketball.
Was instrumental in the hiring of Adam Herbert, which directly resulted in the horrible hiring of Sampson. I'm not going to argue him being a great coach and the silliness of his transgressions not even being illegal anymore. I fought that battle a decade ago, and the fallout is still being felt. The administration got what they wanted. 
Then he oversees the hiring of McKangaroo. Nothing like going from a president who's so involved that he insists we hire a coach that is in hot water with the NCAA to one that still thinks we need ladders in the Hall to get the ball out of the peach basket. Luckily, we started getting $$$ from the BTN so we could  dress up our facilities a little. Lipstick on a pig.
IUgradman catches a lot of grief on here, sometimes from me. But he is passionate and not entirely wrong. This administration made a conscious decision 20 years ago that no sport was bigger than the IU name, and Patrick Shoulders has been a big player in that administration for all 20 years. Revenge of the Nerds indeed.

Agreed and honestly I have heard you explain that story for close to ten years. That is why I did some research, asked people, and found you weren’t just completely stoned. That’s why I feel firing Glass and Glass only is putting more lipstick on the pig so to speak. I am not saying that is the wrong move. I am saying if that is the only move then we are in the same situation in 5-10 years imo.

47 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Agreed and honestly I have heard you explain that story for close to ten years. That is why I did some research, asked people, and found you weren’t just completely stoned. That’s why I feel firing Glass and Glass only is putting more lipstick on the pig so to speak. I am not saying that is the wrong move. I am saying if that is the only move then we are in the same situation in 5-10 years imo.

While I'm definitely in the camp that Glass needs gone on the first thing with wheels, I don't think he's the only problem.  I'll admit that, sadly, some of the people that would be involved in getting rid of Glass are also problems.

2 hours ago, JSHoosier said:

While I'm definitely in the camp that Glass needs gone on the first thing with wheels, I don't think he's the only problem.  I'll admit that, sadly, some of the people that would be involved in getting rid of Glass are also problems.

What I hear some people saying on multiple boards is... Our board of trustees is extremely poor when it comes to making hires, our President is terrible and needs to be replaced, and our AD needs to be fired. But the president will not fire the AD, and even if he does, the BOT will just go out and make another terrible hire. thus continuing the circle of suck. Dakich was on ESPN in 2016 after we fired Crean and was asked what are the pros and cons of IUBB and he stated that the administration is terrible. Although some people dislike Dakich, he's correct on that. 

Also, I saw on twitter that an alumni was running for the BOT on a Sports type platform. I don't have a link, but I'd like to know how we can promote and vote for him. 

Powerful and very influential member of the BoT. Has been for a long time. He's the last member of what I call the Revenge of the Nerds clan that were going to show us simpletons that Indiana University was so much more than Bob Knight and basketball.
Was instrumental in the hiring of Adam Herbert, which directly resulted in the horrible hiring of Sampson. I'm not going to argue him being a great coach and the silliness of his transgressions not even being illegal anymore. I fought that battle a decade ago, and the fallout is still being felt. The administration got what they wanted. 
Then he oversees the hiring of McKangaroo. Nothing like going from a president who's so involved that he insists we hire a coach that is in hot water with the NCAA to one that still thinks we need ladders in the Hall to get the ball out of the peach basket. Luckily, we started getting $$$ from the BTN so we could  dress up our facilities a little. Lipstick on a pig.
IUgradman catches a lot of grief on here, sometimes from me. But he is passionate and not entirely wrong. This administration made a conscious decision 20 years ago that no sport was bigger than the IU name, and Patrick Shoulders has been a big player in that administration for all 20 years. Revenge of the Nerds indeed.
When we could have hired beilein who has been to the final twice. But hey who would expect them to make the right hire.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I've never been to a College board meeting. I was a Schoolboard member here and routinely still attend board meetings and village council meetings.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Is this were fred discusses the major rebuild?

My understanding of the whole situation is the administration has always been among the worst starting at the top for many decades (and that's from people I know who work at university) but has made good hires at times (Bob Knight, Jerry Yeagley, Todd Yeagley, Tracy Smith Etc.) and that is what matters.

Basically we will need to stumble upon a good coach whether that is Archie or someone else. We can change people within the administration but success will depend on whether we find the right person for the program who can work around that as several great coaches have done here. 

The administration is an issue but how good the coach directly in charge of a program is will determine success or failure not the university leadership.

When we could have hired beilein who has been to the final twice. But hey who would expect them to make the right hire.

Revisionist and honestly wrong. He wouldn’t have done that here and he wouldn’t have lasted long enough to implement his system. He has never recruited stars. At IU when you aren’t winning instantly you have to be bringing in stars and Belein has never played the game needed to get the recruits he would/could here. We as fans would have forced a move five years into his tenure. Long before he put up wins he has at Michigan. He just wouldn’t work here. Our fans are not patient enough.

Thanks, Johnson. So who votes on Shoulders? How do you remove him?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

The governor. He appoints 6 of the 9. The three are school related. In other words most likely he isn’t done until he wants to be done or gets caught up in a scandal.

I saw we do a Btown Banners meet and greet pregame before the board meeting in Btown. I’m sure we could work a few posters into a frenzy.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Honestly if the people that hate on Glass as much as they do knew more about this area and how much the board influences everything that would probably be the most unifying thing outside of a title.

5 minutes ago, Iugradman said:

Beilein won the Big Ten in year five and went to the tournament twice in his first four seasons at Michigan.

I expect Archie to go to the tournament 2 of the 1st 4 seasons, and we'll see how the B1G shakes out in years 3-5.

Beilein won the Big Ten in year five and went to the tournament twice in his first four seasons at Michigan. IU gave Davis six seasons and Crean nine before firing them. If anything, IU is too patient.

Davis yes. I agree. Crean, his situation was a wee bit different than Beleins. Plus when has a B1G title appeased you man? Lol come on. Crean won a B1G title within 5 years too and you still wanted him gone. Don’t act like that would have sufficed.

2 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Davis yes. I agree. Crean, his situation was a wee bit different than Beleins. Plus when has a B1G title appeased you man? Lol come on. Crean won a B1G title within 5 years too and you still wanted him gone. Don’t act like that would have sufficed.

Well, if one is going to so indulge the revisionist fantasy that a coach who wasn't even on the radar at the time of the hire was a viable option, then I doubt reality is going to have much effect on them. 

Besides, it is quite comical that those who have  already made up their minds about Archie in year two are proclaiming their patience for Belein. 

The final twice dont cut it around here. Spare me the its better than we have been because that still isn't good enough

Sent from my SM-G960U using BtownBanners mobile app