Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

This is the SECOND time IU has missed three straight NCAA tournaments under Glass. Would this be accepted at ANY other so-called basketball school? Of course not. It is unbelievable how this clown still has a job.
The school is not interested in having an elite team. That is why we will likely remain a middle of thw pack big ten team for a long time. Fred will likely never get fired either.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

The boosters and trustees will eventually speak up and make a change. Eventually.
I guess but we have shown no ability to make the right hites in the past. So not sure why it would change.

3 hours ago, southernindianahoosier2 said:

Needed to vent since we're down 20. I hope we still win, but doesn't look promising. Glass needs to go. 7 missed tournaments in 11 years under his watch. Here is a list of all the things he's done wrong (all are my opinion, and are not in any order)

1. The Crean extension. This was so bad considering he gave FCTC the extension AFTER B. Stevens had just been to 2 consecutive NC runs. 

2. The failure to Fire Crean in 2014 when it was apparent he wasn't the right fit.

3. The fact he resigned with Adidas.

4. The handling of Kevin Wilson and the Tom Allen Hire.

5. his 200 page manifesto in which he now designs the mens basketball uniforms

6. His total rebuild comments. 

Not gonna lose any sleep if Glass gets canned.

Let's highlight some of Fred's finer moves over the past few years

1. Indiana/Ohio ST Football game to start off 2017 Season.  Full house in Bloomington.  I have reserved parking, in a lot, not a spot.  Parking attendants don't allow me into the lot I need to be and instead direct me into the lot were their are assigned spaces.  I wasn't the only one.  People were royal upset.  Fred shows up and is talking to the upset people (drinking a beer I might add), throws his hands up and walks off.  After the game we were forced to exit through Dunn Meadow, took three hours to get to SR37.

2.Indiana Purdue Football this year. 1/4 of the stadium has goose crap all over the Bleachers.  They also forgot to set up tables and chairs in the Alumni Lounge, didn't restock concessions in there either...so no food.

3. Is there some new rule about Cheerleaders not being allowed to sit within 20 feet of the Court or is that just Fred getting them out of the way to sell more "floor" tickets?  Put the Cheerleaders back on the floor Fred.

4. The performance of the Football and Basketball programs..the 2 biggies.  In Fred's 11-12 years 4 NCAA tourney appearances. FOUR.

I'm sure Fred is a nice guy, he is a HORRIBLE AD and if he had even an ounce of dignity he would look at his results and resign.

I think he probably needs to go. I really don’t want to even think about him leading another coaching search in football or basketball.

If football and or basketball have a sub 500 year next year one or both could be gone. If I am the trustees I want my AD in a year before that happens.

I would prefer someone who has had big time success - especially with the big 2. I would love the Chris Reynolds idea but only if he has been killing it with his big 2 sports.

Now is the time. I hope the trustees see this and don’t wait. Fred has done a lot of good things at IU for the entire sports program but when the big 2 struggle that does not matter.

The time is now. Come on Quinn

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

13 hours ago, 8bucks said:

I think he probably needs to go. I really don’t want to even think about him leading another coaching search in football or basketball.

If football and or basketball have a sub 500 year next year one or both could be gone. If I am the trustees I want my AD in a year before that happens.

I would prefer someone who has had big time success - especially with the big 2. I would love the Chris Reynolds idea but only if he has been killing it with his big 2 sports.

Now is the time. I hope the trustees see this and don’t wait. Fred has done a lot of good things at IU for the entire sports program but when the big 2 struggle that does not matter.

For football any coaching would be an improvement.  He set the bar so low there that drawing a name from a hat could be an improvement, depending on which names he put in the hat. 

3 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

For football any coaching would be an improvement.  He set the bar so low there that drawing a name from a hat could be an improvement, depending on which names he put in the hat. 

Are we sure that isn’t what he did?  We assumed he asked the first guy to walk by his office. But there could have been a hat involved possible a dunce hat

Archie may end up working out but fred should have not been let anywhere near that decision.

7 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Are we sure that isn’t what he did?  We assumed he asked the first guy to walk by his office. But there could have been a hat involved possible a dunce hat

I assumed he hired the guy that woke him up from his nap.  I don't think there was enough time to draw a name from a hat.