Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

6 hours ago, southernindianahoosier2 said:

Has anyone actually heard of Glass is in Jeopardy of losing his job? I know Dakich today on the radio said that former IU greats have texted him saying Glass needs to go.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

No.  And there is at least a 50% chance that Dakich made his story up on the fly.    

You dont like winning? Ok.

Jurich made one mistake. Giving Pitino slack.

He hired great, clean coaches in every other sport. Built incredible Athletic facilities. Raised a ton of money. Was beloved by everyone before the Pitino fiasco. Hell yes I would take him at IU. He would turn around this mess in a hurry.

Sent from my SM-G935P using BtownBanners mobile app

You think Jurich didn’t know what was going on in his own AD? No chance.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 hours ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

You think Jurich didn’t know what was going on in his own AD? No chance.

If you're Jurich, do you self report? (NOPE)  Was Jurich the one ordering the Strippers. (NOPE) Guilt by association is a Dangerous Fallacy.  He backs his coaches to a fault (as long as they're winning). There is empirical evidence that Jurich is a great AD. He's made some amazing hires, he's a winner. 

Now look at Glass' Body of work. In his 11th year IU has not had a single winning football season and will miss its 7th out of 11th March Madness. 

I think we all need to just re-set our expectations.  From this point forward, if we lose by less than 10 points at home....we will call that a win and hang a banner.  :)

2 hours ago, southernindianahoosier2 said:

If you're Jurich, do you self report? (NOPE)  Was Jurich the one ordering the Strippers. (NOPE) Guilt by association is a Dangerous Fallacy.  He backs his coaches to a fault (as long as they're winning). There is empirical evidence that Jurich is a great AD. He's made some amazing hires, he's a winner. 

Now look at Glass' Body of work. In his 11th year IU has not had a single winning football season and will miss its 7th out of 11th March Madness. 

His body of work in those two sports stink.

I am listening to Rabjohns now and he is basically blaming McRobbie for all of this and says Glass is doing what he can (hes said this before). It is true that McRobbie has directed some money away from athletics and that does not help but the reason we are not doing well is not for lack of money. We have nice enough facilities and talent now that we should be winning. I wish McRobbie got athletics more (and that's what you get when you hire a foreign president since other countries don't do college sports) and didn't do this but to me in order of culpability Its Glass, Archie and McRobbie in order of culpability not McRobbie, Archie, Glass as Rabjohns thinks.

We certainly have the money available to get best coach and Glass made that decision with Archie (which wasn't necessarily wrong at time) and McRobbie had nothing to do with that. Its not like with Sampson where Herbert overrode Greenspan who wanted someone different. The tools are there to win regardless of McRobbie's indifference or re-directing of money. That's the least of the problems. McRobbie may have tied a hand behind our back but its Glass who committed the murder to use an analogy if Archie fails. 

9 hours ago, Fkfootball1 said:

He hired great, clean coaches in every other sport. Built incredible Athletic facilities. Raised a ton of money. Was beloved by everyone before the Pitino fiasco. Hell yes I would take him at IU. He would turn around this mess in a hurry.

Dude, google Bobby Petrino issues!

Agree that successful ADs have background/experience and know how to work things. Think there’s some super solid evidence that Jurich was an enabler at any/all costs and rewarded unscrupulous behvaior and shady pasts so long as they won. Not certain that’s where IU should be.

3 hours ago, southernindianahoosier2 said:

The AD is the boss. Your subordinates failures are ultimately your own. You don't need to self-report to hold your employees accountable to rules and morals. Jurich is just as much at fault as Pitino, and if you think otherwise, then you don't believe in the accountability you're begging for at Indiana.

4 hours ago, southernindianahoosier2 said:

He made two big mistakes, he kept Pitino too long and hire Petrino. 

3 hours ago, Aaron said:

I am listening to Rabjohns now and he is basically blaming McRobbie for all of this and says Glass is doing what he can (hes said this before). It is true that McRobbie has directed some money away from athletics and that does not help but the reason we are not doing well is not for lack of money. We have nice enough facilities and talent now that we should be winning. I wish McRobbie got athletics more (and that's what you get when you hire a foreign president since other countries don't do college sports) and didn't do this but to me in order of culpability Its Glass, Archie and McRobbie in order of culpability not McRobbie, Archie, Glass as Rabjohns thinks.

We certainly have the money available to get best coach and Glass made that decision with Archie (which wasn't necessarily wrong at time) and McRobbie had nothing to do with that. Its not like with Sampson where Herbert overrode Greenspan who wanted someone different. The tools are there to win regardless of McRobbie's indifference or re-directing of money. That's the least of the problems. McRobbie may have tied a hand behind our back but its Glass who committed the murder to use an analogy if Archie fails. 

Rabjohns..........IU Athletics doesn't have any issues at all with money...PERIOD.  $145M in Revenue...nobody has their hands tied.  I doubt McRobbie even knows it's Basketball season, guy is weird and an academic.   Rabjohns is "Fake news" sticking up for Glass who toss's him a news nugget every once in a while.  Fred has everything he needs financially.

Rabjohns..........IU Athletics doesn't have any issues at all with money...PERIOD.  $145M in Revenue...nobody has their hands tied.  I doubt McRobbie even knows it's Basketball season, guy is weird and an academic.   Rabjohns is "Fake news" sticking up for Glass who toss's him a news nugget every once in a while.  Fred has everything he needs financially.

How much does it cost to run all of the sports we are in? From maintenance, updates, scholarships, housing, and stipends? Just curious.

This university is ridiculous it’s a total embarrassment to watch this team I can’t watch the games anymore fire them all and start over and in my opinion Archie isn’t the answer for us as head coach! I didn’t like the decision in the first place!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Tom Jurich is everything wrong with college athletics. Win at all costs, rules and laws be damned. Hard pass. You’ll perpetually be disappointed in our ADs if that is what you want.

This is what some on this board want.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Because he doesn't want to hire an AD who was part of the problem at his last place, means he is ok with losing? I'd say he isn't ok with losing, but wants to win the right way withou6going in the weeds like some in this board. That's where I'm at also.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

22 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Friend just returned from Florida and played golf in a foursome with Jerry Sichting and Dave Shepherd.  The 4th member was a former star IU player but I was asked not to reveal the name and I won't.  He said most of the “Indiana guys” want Fred Glass gone more than Archie.  They are upset he didn’t contact Dane Fife and other former Indiana players now coaching when Crean was fired.  He said Dane Fife would come back to Indiana in a heartbeat if he was asked.  They aren’t convinced Archie can coach, but thinks he needs more time to get it turned around.  

You'll have to do your own interpretations of what he meant when he used the phrase "Indiana guys".   And when I said former star player, I wasn't exaggerating.

But what former Indiana guys are qualified for the top job in B-Town? 

Dane Fife? C'mon! ... I love the kid, but he's is in no way shape or form ready for a job like that. Steve Alford also most likely would've come back in a heartbeat if he were asked, but I don't want him, either.