Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

7 hours ago, MoyeNeeded said:

Billy G was let go because he was making an @$$ of himself all around Lexington with his drinking problems.

Let’s be honest if he was winning; he would still be there. That was the real reason he was let go just like his predecessor who won a NC.

22 hours ago, Joe DeLow said:

We need an AD with some damn balls, ready to spend money and ready to put his foot down and demand excellence in basketball and football. Not just “good enough.”

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

What we need is someone with a business mindset who isn't concerned about treating all sports as equal when they clearly aren't.

A president who doesn't pilfer money from the athletic department to build classrooms wouldn't hurt either.

13 hours ago, schoosier said:

Let’s be honest if he was winning; he would still be there. That was the real reason he was let go just like his predecessor who won a NC.

Exactly, off court issues just made it even easier to get rid of him.

Anyone know who the great ADs are out there? Not sure we need to let someone learn on the job again. At this size school we should be able to go and find someone who has been killing it at their current school for a reasonable period of time.

I'd fire Fred Glass right now. He has made some historically bad moves (Extending Crean after one good season, hiring a high school football coach at a Big Ten school, and not looking after our basketball program's APR score). I can't think of any names but literally anyone would be better. Just hire the right coach, give him the resources, and make sure things aren't burned to the ground. One guy I can think of is Chris Reynolds-only because he is an IU guy. He is the AD at Bradley. I know he worked in our athletic department in the early Crean years. I'd want the new AD to sit Tom Allen and Archie Miller down. Give them one more season to prove they are worthy of the job. If not, can them. This athletic department has the resources to hire a good football coach and an elite basketball coach. 

11 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

Anyone know who the great ADs are out there? Not sure we need to let someone learn on the job again. At this size school we should be able to go and find someone who has been killing it at their current school for a reasonable period of time.

I'm about to graduate with my masters in administration. I couldn't do any worse than glASS. 

I'd fire Fred Glass right now. He has made some historically bad moves (Extending Crean after one good season, hiring a high school football coach at a Big Ten school, and not looking after our basketball program's APR score). I can't think of any names but literally anyone would be better. Just hire the right coach, give him the resources, and make sure things aren't burned to the ground. One guy I can think of is Chris Reynolds-only because he is an IU guy. He is the AD at Bradley. I know he worked in our athletic department in the early Crean years. I'd want the new AD to sit Tom Allen and Archie Miller down. Give them one more season to prove they are worthy of the job. If not, can them. This athletic department has the resources to hire a good football coach and an elite basketball coach. 

Is he making Bradley into a great program. We can do better than an IU grad with experience. Hopefully he has done great things at Bradley, if not keep looking.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I am not as hard on Glass as some but all I can say is be thankful last nights dream of mine was just a dream or we would have the biggest athletic department scandal ever.

I dreamed that Glass unilaterally decided to made every athlete in the department take a drug test naked on live TV. He then pulled out of a hat the number of games each player was suspended. As you can imagine about 20-30 athletes were caught and suspended from 1-8 games depending on the number pulled out. The younger generation of fans under 40 and the parents of the athletes thought this was unnecessary and wanted Glass canned for embarrassing them and being over reactive. The older fans and trustees though came to Glass' aid for cracking down on drugs and thought maybe this would teach young athletes a lesson. After parents threatened a lawsuit and we became national news as a school though, the suspensions were lifted and Glass was canned.

What is weird is in real life while I have some issues with Glass and don't like all of his hires I don't blame him for any of them (except Allen) and on the Olympic sports level a lot have worked out and think he has done some nice things with fundraising and facilities. However, if Archie (who I don't blame him for hiring and think he was right hire at time) and Allen don't work out in next year he's got to go. If any scandal like my dream broke he would need to go immediately. LOL

2 minutes ago, Fkfootball1 said:

Hire Tom Jurich. He made a huge mistake keeping Pitino. But I believe in 2nd chances.

Within 5 years we would be ranked in the top 20 in every sport you can think of.

Sent from my SM-G935P using BtownBanners mobile app

Im getting close to being done, not with IUBB, but the forums. You’ve ruined at least two IU message boards with your asinine comments and this takes the cake. On behalf of everyone associated with this fan base, get lost. 

Hire Tom Jurich. He made a huge mistake keeping Pitino. But I believe in 2nd chances.

Within 5 years we would be ranked in the top 20 in every sport you can think of.

Sent from my SM-G935P using BtownBanners mobile app

Tom Jurich is everything wrong with college athletics. Win at all costs, rules and laws be damned. Hard pass. You’ll perpetually be disappointed in our ADs if that is what you want.

Im getting close to being done, not with IUBB, but the forums. You’ve ruined at least two IU message boards with your asinine comments and this takes the cake. On behalf of everyone associated with this fan base, get lost. 

I’m with you man. There are people making this place absolutely unbearable.

IU will never have a homerun hire in bball or football with Fred Glass as the AD. Convince me otherwise.

You are correct. It is likely Fred is not going anywhere anytime soon so we have to ride what we got.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

31 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Friend just returned from Florida and played golf in a foursome with Jerry Sichting and Dave Shepherd.  The 4th member was a former star IU player but I was asked not to reveal the name and I won't.  He said most of the “Indiana guys” want Fred Glass gone more than Archie.  They are upset he didn’t contact Dane Fife and other former Indiana players now coaching when Crean was fired.  He said Dane Fife would come back to Indiana in a heartbeat if he was asked.  They aren’t convinced Archie can coach, but thinks he needs more time to get it turned around.  

You'll have to do your own interpretations of what he meant when he used the phrase "Indiana guys".   And when I said former star player, I wasn't exaggerating.

Did that 'Star player' happen to be Dave Florets or Fred Solvate? Also, they're gonna have to ask the executive firm why 'Indiana guys' weren't interviewed. Cool Dad can't be bothered with tasks like that.