Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

24 minutes ago, southernindianahoosier2 said:

So what you’re saying is that glass has no actual power or control over the athletic programs?

Not coming at you, and I mean no disrespect. But That sounds like an excuse. Good AD’s are Good AD’s regardless of their BOT. If Glass really cared he would find a way.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

No....I'm saying that if the Trustees decide Glass is done, he is done.  Glass is responsible for the Athletic Department..  Changes here won't come from McRobbie.   I'm actually going to respectfully disagree with a few posts about The school doesn't care about W/L they just want it to make money.  IU does not have a problem AT ALL with athletic finances..about $140 Million in annual Revenues.  IU has built world class facilities for all their student Athletes thanks to very generous Alumni, again, Money is not a problem nor will it be a problem.  If Glass directive is to stay in the black, why fire Crean?  IU was making money (again..lot's of it) he was running a clean AF program...it was about W/L period.  Glass is in over his head, Glass is certainly capable of running the finances, he just can't pick a winner nor is he capable of gauging the effectiveness of his Coaches programs, he relies 100% of input from those around him.  Glass's record speaks for itself.  I think we will find Fred's days are coming to an end.  The Boosters basically forced out Crean and this season is about 2000x worse then Creans last year.  I think most fans have already checked out and it's the middle of February.  Anybody ever seen that with IU hoops?  My .02  (My prediction is that Archie does not survive this season and it will be his last)

Edited by finky

No....I'm saying that if the Trustees decide Glass is done, he is done.  Glass is responsible for the Athletic Department..  Changes here won't come from McRobbie.   I'm actually going to respectfully disagree with a few posts about The school doesn't care about W/L they just want it to make money.  IU does not have a problem AT ALL with athletic finances..about $140 Million in annual Revenues.  IU has built world class facilities for all their student Athletes thanks to very generous Alumni, again, Money is not a problem nor will it be a problem.  If Glass directive is to stay in the black, why fire Crean?  IU was making money (again..lot's of it) he was running a clean AF program...it was about W/L period.  Glass is in over his head, Glass is certainly capable of running the finances, he just can't pick a winner nor is he capable of gauging the effectiveness of his Coaches programs, he relies 100% of input from those around him.  Glass's record speaks for itself.  I think we will find Fred's days are coming to an end.  The Boosters basically forced out Crean and this season is about 2000x worse then Creans last year.  I think most fans have already checked out and it's the middle of February.  Anybody ever seen that with IU hoops?  My .02  (My prediction is that Archie does not survive this season and it will be his last)
That's a bold prediction. If he is fired what coach would want to come to IU. It would be the 3rd coach in 4 years. That doesn't suggest stability and likely wouldn't seem appealing to most coaches.

Sent from my Pixel XL using BtownBanners mobile app

Just now, VO5 said:

He’s shown enough incompetence in other areas to get the boot, IMO. It isn’t all dependent on Archie. Any AD that isn’t an idiot can raise money. That’s not hard. He botched the football hire as well. Didn’t even interview any other candidates. That is incompetency as an AD. You have to see what else is out there. He let Crean run our roster into the ground when he should have been let go years before then. He’s not good at his job

Football remains to be seen. Allen is recruiting very well and the bridge on O that was Deboard is now gone, replaced by an up and coming offensive mind. 90% of winning football games is accruing talent, and Allen has us looking better than ever in that regard. 

Crean unfortunately left our athletic department in a tight spot, because as much as people rail on Glass for that extension in 2012, Crean would’ve gotten one anyway following the 12-13 season for winning the conference, regardless of the Syracuse game. If got it following the season instead, then we’d just be one year further away from washing our hands from that mess of a tenure.

There were legitimate circumstances as to why we had a lot of roster turnover after the 12-13 season given how large Crean’s first two classes had to be when he took over, so he got cut a break for the Vonleh season because it was in a sense a second rebuild. The “movement” didn’t pan and out and the writing was on the wall for Crean, who would’ve been canned after 15-16 had he not won the Big Ten. That bought him a year then he was gone. 

The only other time Crean could have been fired was after the 14-15 season, but the “new rebuild” was trending up. Honestly, winning the Big Ten in 15-16 set this program back 5 years, because that was when the recruiting issues were starting to really manifest themselves, some of which can still be felt this season. 

Glass fired Crean when he realistically could have (unless you wanted him gone after year three), and hired someone who most experts across the country was a great up and coming coach. He wasn’t Brad Stevens or Billy Donovan, but of the realistic choices Archie’s name was near the top of everybody’s list. Bennett wasn’t coming here (he didn’t want to come here after Sampson was fired either), Rick Barnes was coming off of a 15-19 season, Pearl wasn’t a choice, Chris Mack could’ve been a good pick but was pretty much in the same class as Archie, and then there was Holtman. Alford would have been a complete disaster. A few idiots even thought Izzo would’ve come here...Neither of the Hurley brothers had anything on Archie’s resume either. 

It shows IU has basic standards. No other blueblood would tolerate this ****. Kentucky fans would have burnt down Lexington if they lost 10 out of 11.

Imagine if UK missed 7 of 11 tournaments just like us (assuming we don’t make it this year).

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

4 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

That's a bold prediction. If he is fired what coach would want to come to IU. It would be the 3rd coach in 4 years. That doesn't suggest stability and likely wouldn't seem appealing to most coaches.

I would think both Glass and Archie would be gone if it happens (no way Fred fires Archie).  I don't think the turnover would be an issue with an AD change as well.

10 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

Well then maybe Kyrie will ruin the Celtics to the point Stevens wants to leave...

It shows IU has basic standards. No other blueblood would tolerate this ****. Kentucky fans would have burnt down Lexington if they lost 10 out of 11.
There is proof of that. Gillespie was fired after 2 seasons. So they had 3 coaches in 4 years with Smith, Gillespie and Cal. So maybe IU should make the move.

17 minutes ago, Baltimore Hoosier said:

There’s a bunch of guys on this board trashing Archie.. Funny thing, some of them were the ones pushing hard for him during the coaching search.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

No, we were promised Billy Donovan, remember? 

2 hours ago, rcs29 said:

Please, Alabama football went through 8 coaches between Bear Bryant and Nick Saban and only one lasted more than 2-3 years (Gene Stallings only lasted 6 years) with some of them winning COY awards.

Gillespie was only at pUKe for 2 years.  If this crap was happening there those fans would burn the coach's house to the ground and roast marshmallows over the smoldering ruins.

8 hours ago, rcs29 said:

There is proof of that. Gillespie was fired after 2 seasons. So they had 3 coaches in 4 years with Smith, Gillespie and Cal. So maybe IU should make the move.

Billy G was let go because he was making an @$$ of himself all around Lexington with his drinking problems.

8 hours ago, finky said:

Not a fat chance in hell!